SRM (Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University) Engineering College is constituent of SRM University. SRM University is a co-educational private university founded in 1985 as SRM Engineering College. The institute gained deemed status in 2002 & was renamed to SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It turned into SRM University in 2006, when it achieved the status of a fully-developed university, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
- SRM is accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade in the year 2013
- SRM University is one of the high ranker universities in India having 38000 students & 2600 faculty across all the campuses
- It offers a varied series of undergraduate, postgraduate & doctoral courses in Management, Engineering, Medicine & Health sciences, and Science & Humanities
- It has 4 campuses in Tamil Nadu, Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and Tiruchirapalli and 1 in Modinagar, near Delhi
- The main campus is located at SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu.
Over 600 acres replete with a variety of facilities, State-of-the-art labs, libraries, Wi-Fi, knowledge centre, 4000 capacity AC auditorium, 100 online smart classrooms, Hostels with premium facilities, endless convenience on campus including ATM's, bookstores, dining options, cafeterias, prayer halls, gym and more.
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Genetic Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- SRM University has an excellent placement record of graduating engineers with reputed companies. A total of 3689 offers were made by three companies on the first day
- In first day, visit of three reputed companies such as Cognizant, Infosys and Wipro. Cognizant offered 1502 job offers, followed by 1105 offers by INFOSYS and then 1082 offers are from WIPRO. Salary range offered by most companies is from 3.0–3.5 Lakhs per annum.
- In addition, there are 50+ other companies who have recruited 600 students. Some of the corporations have offered paid internship for about 200 graduating seniors.
The school endeavors to enhance the skills & creativity of students by indulging them in various co-curricular activities. Cultural events are organized numerous times throughout the year to boost creative hunts & foster talent. Some of the clubs are
- Webarch Club: The Webarch club in the University is essentially for developing website for several cultural & technical fests that are held at SRM University
- Arts and Culture Club: This club organizes various cultural events throughout the year to boost creative youth
- NSS and NCC groups also actively participate in social activities
Air conditioned auditorium with audio-visual facilities that seats over 4,000
The university conducts many festivals every year to help its students to understand the cultural and other values. The participation supports students in enhancing their understanding different values and personality development. Some of its festivals are
- Aaruush: The National Level Tech fest which is conducted every year
- Milan - The Cultural Fest Milan is annual four-day cultural extravaganza. It's a convergence of ideas, a perfect assortment of the skills, arts & the passion to accomplish
- Tarana: Talent Fest Taran organizes once a year & it's the perfect chance for all the artistic students from all institutions to participate & showcase their creative talent.
- In 2014, The Times of India ranked SRM Engineering as India’s No.1 Private University
- In 2013, India Today ranked SRM as India's No.1
- In 2012, Deccan Chronicle ranked SRM as No.1 Private University and DNA - ZEE news among Top 10, joining the league of IITs and NIT's
- In 2011, India Today ranked SRM as India's No.1 Multiple Streams Private University
- In 2010, DNA - ZEE news ranked SRM Engineering among the Top Universities in India
- Founder's Scholarship: Full waiver on tuition, books, hostels and mess, plus stipend of Rs.1,000 per month to top state, SRMEEE, JEE and AIEEE rankers, sports persons and socio-economic disdained
- Merit Scholarship: Fee waiver of 50% to students with above 95% in CBSE or in State Board examinations
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver is provided to students who are economically challenged based on their performance in the qualifying examination
- Scholarships for special merits: Scholarship with tuition fee waivered up to 100% is offered to some of the students owning exemplary skills in literary debating, fine arts and others