University Law College is the prestigious law college instituted at Bangalore established in 1948. It is affiliated to Bangalore University. India Today has ranked this college in 14th position among India’s Best Law Colleges 2017. It offers BA+LLB, LLM at the UG and PG level, and also a Ph.D. program at the Research level.
University Law College Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1948 | Government Aided|
|Campus area||1,100 acres|
|Courses Offered||UG,PG & Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Mode of application||Offline|
University Law College Bangalore Courses
Following are the courses offered by the institute at different levels and specializations:
Course 1: Bachelor of Arts- Bachelor of Law (BA-LLB)
- Duration- 5 years
- Eligibility- 10+2 with 45% marks in any stream from any recognized board
- Selection Criteria- Selection is based on merit followed by counseling
Course 2: Masters of Law (LLM)
- Specializations- Corporate and Commercial Law, Human Rights and Environmental Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law, Labour and Employment Law, Criminal Law
- Duration- 2 years
- Eligibility- LLB degree with minimum 50% marks from any Bar council recognized institution
- Selection Criteria- Selection is based on LLM Entrance exam score followed by counseling
Course 3: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Specializations- Law, Research Methodology, Cognate/Core subjects
- Duration- Minimum 3 years
- Eligibility- LLM degree with 55% marks from any Bar council recognized institution
- Selection Criteria- Selection is based on the Entrance exam score followed by counseling.
University Law College Bangalore Admission
Admission to the UG course is finalized based on the merit list released by the university management. For admission, LLM program candidates need to qualify the All India Admission Test.
Admission to Ph.D. program admission candidates need to qualify Entrance test conducted by Bangalore University. Candidates having a valid score in UGC/CSIR/JRF can take admission to Ph.D. without any entrance test.
- Visit the University website
- Download the application form of the preferred course
- Fill in the application carefully
- Attach all the self-attested photocopies of the required documents depending upon their opted course
- Send the form to the following address
University Law College
Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University
University Law College Bangalore Placement
Many graduated students are trained enough to become independent law partitioning lawyers. Also, Public sectoral firms like HAL, BHEL, and NAL tend to place the candidates coming out of this College, being one of the top law colleges in the nation.
The average and peak salaries are INR 25,000 and 69,000 respectively. 70 % placement is being offered for the graduate students coming out every year.
Many law-based firms are participating in the placement drive are King and Partridge, Dua Associates, Tech Mahindra, L & T Constructions, Shiva and Co, Equitas Legal, Thakur & Sinha Law Offices LLP, Anup S Shah Law Firm and many more
University Law College Bangalore Facilities
- Health Centre: Medical aids are provided within the College campus in any kind of emergency/illness situation.
- Library: The library hosts around 16,000 journals, 18,000 referencing materials, and 45,000 textbooks. Not just the knowledge and skills of the students are being developed, but even the research activities are being encouraged with a multitude of internet accessibility.
- Seminar Halls: Two seminar halls are there to accommodate any conference, seminars, and any other special sessions.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: The complete campus area is equipped with wireless connectivity to empower uninterrupted knowledge gaining.
- Hostel: Two separate hostel facilities are being provided to both the males and females.
Read more University Law College Bangalore Hostel
University Law College Bangalore FAQs
Ques: Where is this College situated?
Ans: The College is located inside the Bangalore University on the Jnana Bharathi Campus at the State of Bangalore.
Ques: Is admission for all courses online based?
Ans: No, the admission process is purely offline based. Candidates need to fill in the admission forms and send it to the college by post
Ques: How admission at the College is finalized?
Ans: The admission is finalized based on the basis of merit list and score secured in the Common Entrance Test after adhering to the communal quota allocation as mandated by the Bangalore University and MHRD, India.
Ques: Which course offers Honours?
Ans: The dual degree program B.A. and LLB offers honors.
Ques: What are the documents required during the admission process.
Ans: Photocopies of the qualifying examination/degree mark sheets, Migration Certificate, Caste Certificate, Income Certificate, and eligibility Certificate, etc. as deemed fit by the University at the time of Admission, All the photocopies have to be self-attested.