Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University School of Technology (PDPU SOT) is located in Gujarat, Gandhinagar. It is a private University established by GERMI through the State act passed on April 4, 2007. The University offers various courses through its four schools. The various schools are:
- School of Technology ( Est. 2010)
- School of Petroleum Management (Est. 2006)
- School of Petroleum Technology (Est.2007)
- School of Liberal Studies (Est.2009)
4 April, 2007
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
NAAC – ‘A’
Type of University
A Reservoir of Knowledge
No. of Students
PDPU SOT Courses
PDPU School of Technology admissions in courses like B.Tech in different fields like CSE, EE, CE, Petroleum engineering and many more.
Eligibility: Candidate should have completed 12th class with minimum 45% marks and 40% for reserved categories having PCM as compulsory.
Along with above, a valid score card of JEE MAIN is also required.
PDPU SOT also offers admission in courses like M.Tech in specific fields.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in B.E or B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in relevant specializations.
In addition, there are two phases of taking admission in M.Tech.One being having qualified GATE and other being non-GATE.
- Those who have qualified GATE scores, there weightage will be like– 30% GATE score + 70% on Personal Interview.
- For non- GATE and candidates who did not get admission on GATE scores can also apply. It is measured as – 70% weightage on Personal Interview. Then the merit list is prepared.
For Ph.D. Program
PDPU School of Technology also have Doctoral programs related to specific fields.
Eligibility: Candidate should have done their M.E / M.Tech/ M.Sc. / M.Sc. (Tech) with minimum 55% marks (50% for reserved category) from any recognized university.
Know more: PDPU School of Technology fees
PDPU School of Technology Placements
PDPU SOT provides job opportunities via ‘placement cell’, where all students undergo training to appear in an interview process of a company.
Also, PDPU SOT has been active participant and collaborated with international Universities through MOUs like from Oklahoma, Washington, University of Houston and many more. These collaborations help in summer exchange program and co-operation in active participation by students in getting new experiences.
Some of the prominent companies visited the School of Technology are Adani Gas Ltd., PVCL, Reliance Industries Ltd., Infosys, HP Industries, N.K Enterprise etc. The B.Tech students get an opportunity in the period of the third year to do internships in leading organizations to learn industry operations.
Read more: PDPU School of Technology Placements
6 -17 L/ year
6 L/ year
5.5 L/ year
5.5 L/ year
4.83 L/ year
3.5 -4 L/ year
PDPU School of Technology University Scholarship
The University offers various scholarships to the B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. students to promote education at higher level.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship and Financial Aid
- The students will get 50% of the tuition fee in the second academic year for the B.Tech program.
- To continue availing the scholarship in B.Tech program, the income from all the sources should be up to INR 6 Lakhs.
- The students in the M.Tech program are entitled to the scholarship with valid GATE score (amount-12,400 as a fellowship). To continue availing the scholarship, the candidate must have cleared his/her semester at the first attempt.
- The Ph.D. scholars are entitled to INR 25,000 for first two years and INR 30,000 per month as a research fellowship. To continue the scholarship, the students must maintain good academic record, discipline and other rules prescribed by the University.