Sri Venkateswara College, ranked among the top 5 colleges by the NIRF, is an Arts and Science College of Delhi University. The college offers UG and PG courses such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, MA, and M.Sc. Admission to the courses is merit-based and require an aggregate of 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination. The students may apply online as well as offline for the admission.
Graduates from the college are placed in top-notch companies such as Deloitte, Willis Tower Watson, Boston Consulting Group, etc. with an average salary package of INR 4.5 LPA and highest salary package of INR 28.25 LPA.
Also, Check Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
Sri Venkateswara Highlights
|Established | Type||1961 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Delhi University (DU)|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Application process||Online and offline|
|Facilities||Hostel, Auditorium, Seminar Hall, Sports, Library, Medical, Bank, Canteen, etc.|
|Top recruiters||American Express, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, United Airlines, Boston Consulting Global, etc.|
|Official Website ||http://www.svc.ac.in/ |
Sri Venkateswara Courses
The college offers undergraduate courses which are mentioned below:
- B.A. (Hons) - Economics, English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology.
- B.A. program
- B.Com. program
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.Sc. Life Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) - Bio-Chemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Biological Sciences
The college also offers postgraduate courses which are mentioned below:
- M.A. - English, Sanskrit, History, Mathematics, Statistics
- M.Sc. - Mathematics, Statistics, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology
Read More: Sri Venkateswara College Fees
Sri Venkateswara Admissions
Admission for UG courses is based on the basis of merit list by calculating ‘Best Four’ - one language subject and three best academic/ elective subjects. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be considered for admission. Applicants seeking admission under supernumerary categories, namely Reservation of seats for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), Reservation for Armed Forces (CW), and Ward Quota shall also apply online on the UG admission portal.
Note: Admission to Sri Venkateswara College is as per guidelines laid by the University of Delhi.
Sri Venkateswara College Placements
The Placement Cell of Sri Venkateswara College helps students reach new heights by organizing placement drives, events, offers with a top-notch organization like American Express, Deloitte, Willis Tower Watson, Boston Consulting Group, Byju’s, Indigo Airlines. The average package lies between INR 4 - INR 5 LPA. The highest package stood at INR 17.5 LPA.
Events like Annual Internship Affair where students get a plethora of opportunities are also organized by the cell.
Sri Venkateswara College Scholarships
The college offers various scholarships/ awards/ medals to students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ ST/ OBC/Minorities Students.
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child: The duration of scholarships is two years and the rate of scholarship is Rs 2,000/- per month.
- Balaji Merit Medal (30 Grams Silver Medal): It will be awarded to students who secure I position in B.Sc(Hons) Zoology III Year.
- Soundarya Nayaki Govindswamy Memorial Medal (30 Grams Silver Medal): It will be awarded to the student who secures I Position in B.A.(Hons) Economics III year.
- Freeships and Financial Aid: too needy and meritorious people.
Sri Venkateswara FAQ
Ques. Who are some of the notable alumni of the college?
Ans. Some of the Sri Venkateswara College notable alumni are as follows:
- Aditi Singh Sharma- She is a famous Indian singer
- Raghu Ram- Producer of reality show MTV roadies
- Kamaal Rashid Khan- Indian film Actor, director, producer
- Tania Sachdev- Chess player
Ques. What facilities does the college provide to students?
Ans. The college provides the following facilities to the students:
- Boys/Girls Hostel facilities
- Auditorium with a seating capacity of 800
- Audio-visual Seminar Hall
- Sports facilities - cricket field, lawn tennis, basketball court
- Bioinformatics center to promote biology studies through bioinformatics
- Well stocked library
- Medical Room
Ques. Which is better, Sri Venkateswara College or Kirori Mal?
Ans. Following is the comparison of both the colleges:
- The Infrastructure of both colleges is good. In addition to these, both colleges have diverse cultural societies.
- All colleges of DU have similar faculty. Certain teachers are exceptionally good, others average, and 1 or 2, so faculty is not the big issue in DU colleges.
- KMC, being almost in the center of North Campus, has its perks.
- All the laboratories in Botany and Zoology Departments of KMC are newly built.
- The Library of KMC is huge.
- The crowd of KMC, however, is not as good as that of SVC. One can easily see how shitty a particular section of KMC's crowd is, especially during Cultural fests.
- The administration of KMC sucks. They have a single-window for the whole college either for fee depositions or clearances from college cashier.
- The hostel of KMC isn't as good as that of SVC. However, Renovation has started in KMC's hostel.
Read More: Kirori Mal College
Ques. Is there any entrance test for admission into Sri Venkateswara College?
Ans. No, there is no entrance exam for UG courses in Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi but there is a centralized entrance exam for the PG admissions.
Ques. How can I take a transfer to Sri Venkateswara College from a decent DU college?
Ans. To get transferred to Sri Venkateswara College DU, the students must follow the given procedure:
- Score a good CGPA in 1st year.
- Obtain NOC from the current college and submit it along with the application form and first-year report card at the desired college of DU.
- The transfer applications are accepted in the month of August.
- The admission results are announced by the colleges online. No personal intimidation is sent to the student.