Vivekananda College was set up in Gandhi Nagar by the combined efforts of NCT of Delhi and UGC. The institute dedicated to only women offers some of the top courses in Bachelor of Arts like History, Political Science, Applied Psychology etc. The college offers Undergraduate courses in many different subjects, 2 Post graduate courses – Hindi and Sanskrit and 2 add-on courses. Admission procedure of the college is like all other Delhi University colleges which are done based on merit. Seats are allocated in the reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC etc. as per the government guidelines. Admissions can be taken offline as the original documents are required to be produced in college.
Read More: Vivekananda College Delhi Reviews
Vivekananda College Highlights
|Established | Type||1970 | Public|
|Accredited to||NAAC A|
|Affiliated to||Delhi University|
|Courses Offered||20 Courses across 5 stream (UG) 2 Courses (PG)|
|Popular Courses||BA & B.com|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Aditya Birla Capital, ICICI Bank, Cognizant, etc.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer lab, Auditorium, Sports, etc.|
|Nearest Metro Station||Karkardooma Metro station|
Vivekananda College Courses
The women only institute offers under-graduate courses in 20 subjects in different domains of Arts, Science and Commerce. Under PG courses, it offers M.A. programs into 2 specializations. This section will deal with detailed information about these courses:
|B.A. (Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with 45% aggregate marks
Subjects offered: Applied Psychology, English, History, Hindi, Political Science, Sanskrit.
Selection Criteria: Merit-based
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 2 years
In addition to the above-mentioned list of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses offered by the college, there are 2 additional short-term courses in Spoken English and Patrakarita that the students can pursue.
Read More: Vivekananda College Delhi Fees Structure
Vivekananda College Admission
Vivekananda College, Delhi University offers admission based on merit only. The students are required to be:
- Eligible first for the course
- In the criteria of the cut-off list
Vivekananda College DU cut-off lists are issued by the college of Delhi University setting a criterion of percentage of marks that a student needs to have obtained in the last exam. It is an extensive list of marks on the courses/ subjects the college offers and is unique from all the other university colleges. Notification on the official website and newspaper is published at the time of announcing cut-offs.
How to apply?
- The admission process of the courses needs to be partially offline and online.
- Candidates need to obtain a form of admission from the Delhi University’s official portal.
- Complete information of the candidate is to be filled in the form correctly and submit it within the cut-off list period.
- After which the applicant needs to produce the original documents along with self-attested copies at the time of admission to the college.
- Once the documents are submitted to the administration, the applicant needs to pay the fees online.
- Provisional admission is permitted subject to verification of the furnished information in the application from the original documents.
Read More: Vivekananda College Delhi Admission 2021
Vivekananda College Admission Dates 2020
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Third Cutoff Release Date||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||07 Nov, 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (Released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Sixth Cutoff Released||28 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||29 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff (If Released)||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
|Third Special Cutoff 2020 Released||27 Dec, 2020|
Vivekananda College Cut-Off 2020
|Course||1st Cut off||2nd Cut off||3rd Cut off||4th Cut off||5th Cut off||6th Cut off|
|B.A. (Hons.) Applied Psychology||95.00||94.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.A. (Hons.) English||91.00||90.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (Hons) Hindi||78.00||77.00||76.00||75.00||Closed||Closed|
|BA (Hons) History||85.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (Hons) Political Science||90.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||50.00|
|BA (Hons) Sanskrit||60.00||55.00||53.00||50.00||50.00||Closed|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science||80.00||77.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||92.00||91.00||Closed||Closed||90.00||89.00|
Read More: Vivekananda College Cut off 2020
Vivekananda College Placement
The College Placement Committee is equipped with a Staff Council that focuses on providing career guidance to the students and preparing them for the right job. For the third-year students, the committee organizes various pre-placement activities such as career counseling and orientation sessions to brush up student’s skill sets like writing CVs, participating in group discussions and personal interviews. It acts as the intermediary between Delhi University’s Central Placement Cell (CPC) and the college students.
Some of the top recruiters of the college are E&Y, Genpact, Yes Bank, Bajaj Capital and RFID that selects students after rigorous Psychometric Test, Voice Test, and Personal Interview.
Vivekananda College Facilities
- Computer Labs: The whole campus is Wi-Fi-enabled and there are three computer labs with 115 terminals and internet facilities. The lab is equipped with modern day technology requirements like LCD Projectors and Scanners.
- Students Common Room: provides a separate space for students other than classrooms for study and recreation.
- Library: It has around 53,500 related to the streams offered by the college. Also, extend the current awareness services by providing newspapers/magazines in the Staff Room and Student’s Common Room.
- Students’ Aid Fund: There is a special Students’ Aid Fund which extends financial help to the students who are under financial constraint.
- Academic Resources: There is a Psychology and Food technology Laboratory which is well equipped with the different types of apparatus for conducting experiments.
- Sports: College premises include a large playground. Various kinds of activities like Athletics, Hockey, Table-Tennis, Volleyball, Kabbadi and Cross Country are available.
Vivekananda College Faculty
In the esteemed faculty of the college, there are 15 reputed Teacher In-Charge (TIC) for all the different departments managing and supervising smooth functioning of their respective departments. Many of the faculty members hold a PhD degree which makes the institute’s academic foundation stronger than before and is committed in imparting guidance and education to the students with the experience they hold.
Read More: Vivekananda College Faculty
Vivekananda College FAQs
Ques. Does Vivekananda College have a reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes. The seats reserved in all courses for SC / ST and Physically Handicapped candidates as per Delhi University guidelines are:
Ques. Does Vivekananda College provide admission for Foreign students?
Ans. Yes, there is a reservation of 5% in the college for Foreign Students.
Ques. How can one apply for admission at Vivekananda College?
Ans. Candidates can apply for admission by filling the application form available online on the DU portal. The application fee is to be paid after submitting the application form along with the documents.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. The admission is based on the cut-off and once the marks fall in the cut-off criterion then the applicant needs to furnish the below documents:
- Printout of the registration form of admission.
- Undertaking by the candidate (for anti-ragging)
- Undertaking by the parent/guardian (for anti-ragging of their ward)
- Provisional Certificate of Class XII (in original)
- Character Certificate recent (in original)
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate (in original) for those who have passed Class XII from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested photocopy of Class XII Marksheet
- Self-attested photocopy of Class X Marksheet
- Two self-attested photocopies of SC/ ST/ PwD/ KM/ CW Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Two self-attested photocopies of OBC (non-creamy layer) Certificate of the financial year 2016-17 (in the name of candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Two passport sized recent photographs of the candidate
Ques. What are the courses offered at Vivekanand College, New Delhi?
Ques. What are the accreditation and recognition of Vivekanand College, New Delhi?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for the B.Sc Honors program offered at the Vivekanand College, New Delhi?
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of the placement drive conducted at Vivekanand College, New Delhi?
Ques. What are the facilities offered at Vivekanand College, New Delhi?
Ques. Does Vivekanand College, New Delhi provide any financial help to the economically weaker candidates?