Gurucharan College (GC College) is a renowned institute of higher education established in the year 1935 at Silchar, Assam. The college is affiliated to the Assam University and re-accredited by NAAC with an A grade. It offers 2-year higher secondary courses and 3-year Degree courses in the field of Arts, Commerce and Science. Apart from these, there are also career-oriented diploma and certification courses. GC College is well-equipped with excellent academic and student-centric facilities. It has also a career counselling cell that works dedicatedly to provide the students with employment opportunities.
GC College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1935 | Government|
|Courses offered||10+2, UG, Certificate, Diploma|
|Facilities||Hostels, Library, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Health Centre|
GC College Courses
GC College offers H.S courses and Degree courses in Arts, Science and Commerce stream. Tabulated below are the top courses:
Read more: GC College Courses and Fees
GC College Admission
Admissions to the courses are granted on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the last qualifying exam. Separate admission committees are there for each stream. The respective admission criteria will be determined by each committee.
How to apply?
- Application form should be submitted through online mode only
- Submit separate forms for separate faculties
- While filling the form, candidates must furnish their subject preference carefully
- Attested copies of required documents are to be furnished along with the form for admission
GC College Placement
The career guidance cell in Gurucharan College takes care of the training and placement activities by providing the students with career opportunities, by following the highly competitive emerging occupational trends across the world. The cell ensures that the students are being placed in the right industry by conducting various placement drives and campus interviews.
It also offers support to the students for their development of soft skills to make them prepared to challenge the rigours of competitive tests. The college organizes a variety of Seminars, Workshops, Guest Lectures, Conferences, Corporate Meets, Personality Development & Communication Skill Programs, and Counselling Sessions to make the student's placement ready.
Read more: GC College Placement
GC College Scholarships
Students studying at the college can apply for SC/ST scholarships, national scholarships, and OBC/MOBC scholarships. Besides these, there are many scholarships and awards for the students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Sarbamangala Devi Scholarship
- Sukhomoy Bhattacharjee Memorial Award
- Subhangshu Mohan Dutta Memorial Award
- Pandit Sudhir Bhattacharjee Memorial Award
- Manju Debnath Memorial Award
The college has also a student’s aid fund which is contributed to provide financial help to the students belong to the economically weaker section.
Read more: GC College Scholarships
GC College Facilities
- Central Library: The Library building has sufficient space to acquire more collection of journals books, etc. and has a capacity of 150 readers in its reading room. The Library is divided into different sections like Text Books Section, Circulation Section, Reference Section, Newspaper section & more
- Hostel: The College has two hostels for boys and one hostel for girls which provide good accommodation for the students. Hostels are allotted on the basis of merit.
- Health Centre: The College has its own a Health Centre which is under the charge of a doctor. There is an elaborate arrangement for the first-aid facility. Also, it provides a regular health check-up.
- Cafeteria: The college has a canteen facility for both staff and the students. It is meant for all students, Teachers and Non-Teaching Staff and offers a variety of veg abd non-veg food items at affordable rates.
- Auditorium: The college has an auditorium facility where events and seminars are held., This vast and magnificent Auditorium furnished with a stage known as "Bhasha-Sahid Smriti Mancha" adds to the beauty and glory of the College. The Auditorium has the capacity to accommodate 800 audiences.
Read more: GC College Hostel
GC College FAQs
Ques. How is the faculty of GC College?
Ques. Is GC College a good college?
Ans. It is one of the best premier institutions in the field of collegiate education. The college imparts quality education in every subject under well-educated faculties. All necessary facilities such as a library, laboratories, and hostels are available in the college. It also has modern labs that make learning faster.
Read more: Gurucharan College Reviews
Ques. How are the hostel fees of GC College?
Ques. What is the intake capacity of the courses at GC College?
Ans. The seat intake capacities for the different courses are mentioned below:
- Arts – 250
- Science – 350
- Commerce – 180
- BBA course – 30
Ques. How is the alumni network of GC College?