Bharati College, one of the top women’s colleges in West Delhi, is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Bharati College was created by the Delhi Administration as Bharati Mahila College in September of 1971 year.
- The college has 2, 000 students admitted with 120 students in each of Bachelor with Honors course, 450 in Bachelor of Arts, 300 and 240 in B.Com and B.Com (Hons) respectively.
- The college offers instruction in 11 disciplines in the Arts and Social Sciences
The College has a campus which covers an area of 8.6 acres with a built up area of 4 acres. The playground area is 369 X 260 sq. m. The teachers of this college are well experience with practical experience. The undulating gardens in an ecofriendly environment make the three years of the student’s life magical
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of History
- Department of Music
- Department of Punjabi
- National Cadet Corps- Itincludes parades and posture training, signal and map reading, first aid, home nursing, adventure training camps and rifle shooting
- National Service Scheme- It is the social service club of the college whose objective is to teach young children the importance of cleanliness, hygiene and academics
- Equal opportunity cell- Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC), Bharati College is dedicated towards ensuring that persons from across communal, regional and religious spectrums are able to access our pedagogical and extra-curricular resources and infrastructures with safety and dignity
- Jagriti- It is the women development cell of the college takes mandate from the Women’s Studies and Development Centre (WSDC), University of Delhi.
- Eco Club- This club has organizes various activities from time to time. The club organized visit of students to Aravali bio-diversity park to make them aware of flora and fauna which are not seen in the real world
- Adavaita- It is the dance club of the college
- Chilman- It is the drama society of the college. The objective of the society is to foster talent for theatre, and to promote a vibrant theatre culture
- Elantre- It is the fashion society of the college
- Film Club- It is the film club of the college and every week a movie is shown to the students
- Lok samvad- It is the political science society of the college
- Manthan- The nukkar natak society
- The college has well equipped library with all the latest text books, reference books
- The library currently has 48,500 books
- he library also subscribes to 17 Newspapers in English and Hindi
- The Library reading room has a seating capacity of 100 students
- The college has three computer labs which has a total of 120 computers with internet facility
- Wi-Fi facility is also available in the college premises
Abhivyakti- Abhivyakti 2012' which means self expression! Abhivyakti will be a two day fest encompassing 15-17 events with participation from renowned colleges across Delhi. This festival is organized by the Student’s Union of the college every year
Awards and prizes:
Durga Prasad Gaur Memorial Medal
student who scores the highest marks in the aggregate of 3 years in the Hindi Honours Course.
Ram Narain-Raj Kumari Rastogi Smriti Chinha
tudent who scores the highest marks in the aggregate of 3 years in Sanskrit Honours
. R. Gupta Memorial Prize
student who scores the highest marks in English Honours in the aggregate of 3 years.
student who scores the highest marks in English Honours I year
Gambhir Memorial Awards
ash prizes of Rs 1000/- each are given to students every year who score the highest marks in the aggregate in Hindi Honours II year and BA Programme II