Institute of Behavioral Science comes under Gujarat Forensic Sciences University which has been accredited ‘A’ rating by NAAC. M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs are offered at the institute. The institute focuses on areas such as Social Science, Neuroscience, Neural-Decision Sciences, Psychological Sciences, Forensics, Criminal Behaviours, Normality, Abnormality, and other related domains of behavioral constructs. Students are trained in investigating the neurocognitive and psychological fields.
Institute of Behavioral Science Gandhinagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2009 | Public|
|Popular Courses||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Laboratory, Wifi, Resource Center|
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Courses
A number of postgraduate courses are offered at the institute. Below table represents the courses and the eligibility:
|M.Phil.||Clinical Psychology||Eligibility: M.A./M.Sc degree in Psychology with at least 55% marks in aggregate
Duration: 2 years
|PGD||Cyberpsychology||Eligibility: M.A./M.Sc degree in Psychology with at least 55% marks in aggregate
Duration: 1 year
|M.Sc.||Forensic Psychology||Eligibility: B.A./B.Sc degree in Psychology with at least 55% marks in aggregate
Duration: 2 years
|M.A.||Criminology with Specialization in Forensic Psychology|
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Admission
An entrance test is conducted by the institute for intake in various programs. For admission in M.Phil. the interview is followed by the entrance test. Weightage of the written exam is 90% and that of the interview is 10%. The admissions are taken in a defined time period. The merit list is announced after the closure of the application date.
How to Apply?
- Application forms are available online.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application forms.
- The duly signed application needs to be submitted in the institute itself after filing form at the website.
- Candidates who are appearing at final year exams at the university can also apply.
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Placement
There are a placement and guidance cell that works throughout the year to ensure the placements of the graduating students. Recruiters included companies and educational institutes such as HDFC Bank, Deutsche Bank, CMC India P.v.t. Ltd.; ICICI Lombard; Foundation Futuristic Technologies (P) Ltd.; Indian Air Force; Perkin Elmer; National Institute of Occupational Health, Government Mental Hospitals of the country; IIT Gandhinagar and Military College, Nashik.
- Around 121 students were placed in the companies in the year 2018-19 with a median salary of INR 3,20,000.
- 131 students with a median salary of INR 6,40,000 were placed in the year 2017-18.
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Scholarship
The scholarships are made available for students whose applications are shortlisted in the admission process. Some of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- Economical Weaker Students: Economically weaker students are granted scholarships if the required criteria are met.
- State and Central Scholarship: Students can apply for state and central scholarship and thus can facilitate their studies using that.
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Facilities
The institute has an elite campus having premium facilities. Seminar hall, quality classroom with the audiovisual facility are available.
- Internet: Free wifi is there on the whole campus and students can utilize that to their full potential.
- Research Laboratories: Laboratories for research with an adequate amount of tools and equipment are there in the institute.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is there with all the multimedia facilities available. Conferences and meetings are regularly held here.
- Buddha Psychological Service Center (BPSC): The service center is present on the campus and students can take service from this center.
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar Faculty
There is a framework of good faculties in the institute. They are about 62 faculties, most of them are Ph.D. holders. Some do have M.Phil., M.Pharma, and M.E degree too. They ensure that the overall development of students and their educative requirements are met.
Institute of Behavioural Science Gandhinagar FAQs
Ques. Is SC/ST grievance cell present on the campus?
Ques. Is the hostel facility provided by the Institute?
Ques. How is the research facility at the institute?
Ques. When are conferences and meetings are organized?
Ques. Is there any place available for recreation?