School of Mathematical Sciences, NMIMS University - [SoMS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences, Mumbai comes under the aegis of NMIMS (Deemed to be University), Mumbai. SOMS Mumbai offers a degree program in the discipline of Mathematical Sciences.
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences Highlights
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A+’ grade & UGC|
|Affiliated to||NMIMS Deemed to be University, Mumbai|
|Courses Offered||1 Course across 1 stream|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1000|
|Admission Helpdesk|| 022-4235 5950|Important Dates for the Batch of 2020 - 2023
- Online Registration –
25 January 2020- Last date for entering data in the editable field –
14th June 2020- Last date of Online Registration –
15th June 2020- Declaration of First Merit List of candidates selected for admission on website www.nmims.edu after 5:00 PM –
23rd June 2020- Payment of admission fees (First Merit List)
– 24th June 2020 to 30th June 2020- Declaration of Second Merit List of candidates selected for admission on website www.nmims.edu after 5:00 PM (if necessary) –
4th July 2020- Payment of admission fees (second Merit List) –
6th July 2020 to 11th July 2020- Commencement of program –
13th July 2020- Last date of admission –
29th July 2020
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences Courses
NMIMS SMS Mumbai offers a UG course in the discipline of Mathematical Sciences. A brief about the same is mentioned below:
Course 1: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Hons)
- Specialization: Mathematics
- Eligibility: 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Mathematics.
- Duration: 3 years
- Intake: 30
- Fees: INR 1,01,500
Check: SOMS Mumbai Courses and Fees
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute for online registration.
Step 2: Go to ‘Click here to Apply’.
Step 3: Fill the application form and upload the required documents.
Step 4: Pay the application fee of INR 1,000 via online mode (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Transfer).
The selection will be based on merit score will be calculated as follows:
- A candidate’s performance in Mathematics percentage in Class XII will get 50% weightage followed by 25% weightage for Mathematics percentage in Class X and aggregate percentage in Class XII.
- Candidates are required to update the relevant details in the online application form before the last date of registration. No score will be accepted after the registration is closed. The candidate will not be considered for merit list if they fail to update the same. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure correct scores are entered in the online form.
- The Merit List will be put up on the NMIMS website as per important dates. The decision of the institute will be final in this regard and no inquiries or correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Admission offer is given as per merit and vacancy. Selected candidates should proceed for payment of fees within the stipulated time as per important dates.
- Waitlisted candidates have to check their merit list status regularly.
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences Faculty
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences has a well experienced and qualified faculty. The faculty members of the institute make sure they provide every possible training to students to make their career-ready. Some of the highlights of faculty members are as follows:
- 6 Ph.D. degree holders
- 3 M.Sc degree holders
- 4 B.Sc degree holders
Check: SOMS Mumbai Faculty
NMIMS School of Mathematical Sciences FAQs
Ques. What are the full eligibility criteria for admission?
Ans. The full eligibility criteria for admission are as follows:
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Mathematics.
- A candidate who has passed 10+2 from IB Board should be either an IB certificate or DP awarded with 24 credits compulsory, having passed 3 HL with minimum (12 credits) & 3 SL with minimum (9 credits) mandatorily from any stream.
- Candidates of CBSE & ICSE should mention in the online registration/ re-admission form (if selected) 10+2 or equivalent aggregate marks of all the subjects for which the candidate has taken & appeared for (not best of four, five, six or seven).
- The candidate shall have passed all the subjects taken & appeared for in the applicable examination/s. The aggregate percentage of all subjects for which the candidate has taken & appeared will be taken into consideration for confirming eligibility of the candidate for the program at the time of admission.
- In case the mark sheet issued by the applicable Board/ Institution is in percentile/s, the actual aggregate percentage of all the subjects appeared by the candidate will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates above 25 years of age are not eligible to apply.
Ques. What is the address and contact number of the School of Mathematical Sciences?
Ans. The address and contact number of the institute is as follows:
SVKM's NMIMS (Deemed to be University)
V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle, West
India - 400 056
Contact No. 022-4235 5950