MGM College of Journalism and Mass Communication (CJMC) was established in the year 1993 with an impulse to invigorate excellence in media education. Since inception, it has been consistently striving for academic excellence and endowing society with ethical media personnel. The institution has produced numerous highly dedicated media professionals with inherent social responsibility towards the profession as well as the society. A large number of ethical and committed alumni proudly speak volumes about the institute’s quest for perfection which has a splendid blend of qualified faculty and media industry experts.
The institute aims to offer young inspiring media professionals an interdisciplinary and dynamic milieu where they perceive a platform for developing a comprehensive and critical awareness of advancements in communication field viz. digital media, data journalism, digital marketing, and changing media environments. Hence MGM CJMC has higher education programs in allied media fields of Photography and Film Arts. The CJMC boasts of exceptional state of the art infrastructure with a photography studio, Broadcast news studio, full-fledged FM setup, Advanced Video Editing setup, VFX labs, Commercial style Theatre for direct satellite projection and many other facilities to enhance the students learning experience.
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Highlights
Established | Institute Type
1993 | Private
Accredited by | Certification
NAAC with ‘B+’ Grade | ISO 9001:2015
Types of Courses
UG, PG, Diploma/ Certificate & Ph.D
Institute: MGM CJMC CET(Only PG Program)
Application Mode | Fees
Online & Offline | INR 1,000
|Admission Helpdesk||0240 – 2480490 | 8806255507|
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Courses
|BA||International Journalism and Mass Comm||HSC (10+2) from recognized Indian or foreign board|
|Mass Comm and Journalism|
|MA||Mass Comm and Journalism||Graduate from a recognized university or college|
|Diploma & Certificate||Radio Jockey, Photography, Digital Marketing||HSC/10th in any stream|
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Admission
- Visit the official website of the institute.
- Download the application form.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1,000 via bank transfer or DD drawn in favor of “MGM College of Journalism” OR pay the application fee through Gateway Service.
- Post the appropriately filled Application Form and receipt of cash transfer/ DD/ Online receipt and send hard copy of the duly filled form on the following address:
MGM College of Journalism and Mass Communication,
MGM University Campus, N-6, CIDCO,
Note: Those awaiting college examination results may also apply. You can also take Provisional Admission by paying an amount of INR 10,000 and register your seat.
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Placement
CJMC has a training and placement cell that prepares its students for success through innovative journalism landscape and develops the skills and confidence to rise to the top of today’s demanding news and media-dependent professions. The placement record of CJMC is 75% in print, electronic, new media as well corporate world and government fellowships with an annual package range from INR 3 LPA to INR 10 LPA. Some of the major recruiters are:
- Print Media: The Hindu, Times of India, Asian News International (Multimedia news agency), Daily Lokmat, Divya Marathi, Maharashtra Times, Daily Pudhari, Daily Saamna, Sakaal, Lokmat Group and many more leading daily of the region.
- Electronic Media: Republic TV, ABP Majha, TV9 Marathi, Zee 24 Taas, News18 Lokmat, Saam TV, ETV Bharat, Radio Mirchi (FM), AM News, Aakashwani, comprising all the local channels and community radio of MGM.
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Faculty
MGM College of Journalism and Mass Communication has a highly qualified and accomplished faculty consisting of an acclaimed group of scholars and researchers whose teaching is augmented by their academic knowledge and real-world experience, not merely extremely capable teachers but also compassionate mentors to the students. Faculties also include members with outstanding international education background, scholarship, experience, and orientation. All courses combine theory and practice. Teaching methods include case study, field study, seminars, simulations, and independent work. Faculty members choose the method that is most appropriate to the material and their individual styles. Such a diverse combination of methodologies provides a rich basis for developing student's spirit of inquiry, problem-solving, decision making and leadership skills.
MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication Facilities
The infrastructure of the college boasts to be well equipped with all the necessary tools and equipment needed by the students of the streams of college.
- The campus has a well-stocked library with over 12,000 journals
- Computer lab with internet connectivity
- Media Room
- Amphitheatre styled classrooms
- Chroma Studio
- Audio-video Studio
- Canteen which serves hygienic and fresh food