NIPS School of Hotel Management is one of the premier hotel and hospitality management institutes of the country and is located at a prime location in Kolkata. It was established in the year 1993 and has received a galore of different kinds of awards in its twenty years of functioning. NIPS is the first hotel management college in India to receive the prestigious “Best International Placement Award”, Bangkok, Thailand and has been recognized as “Asia’s Biggest Brand” for the year 2019-2020. It is the only accredited member of the Indian Federation of Culinary Associations (IFCA) in Eastern India. The national and international reputation of NIPS Hotel Management is based on world-class international accredited and affiliated academic programs combined with high-quality industry internships in India and Abroad.
It has also earned a place in the Limca Book of Records for a unique feat achieved by its students and teachers. It also holds the record for being the only institute from Asia to win the Worldwide Hospitality Award in France. It is associated with some of the top-rated management institutes of the world and offers world-class education to turn its students into leaders of tomorrow. Each of its course reflects the ideal combination of vibrant Indian heritage along with modernized western education system.
NIPS School of Hotel Management Highlights
West Bengal University of Technology
ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 1400:2000
20,000 sq. ft.
How to reach
8.2 km Milestone Ultadanga Railway Station Bus Stop, Bidhan Nagar Road, Kankurgachi, South Dumdum, Kolkata 700054
NIPS School of Hotel Management Awards and Ranking
- Five years in a row NIPS has been recognized as No.1 Hotel Management College in Eastern India under the category of Student’s most preferred Hotel Management College.
- NIPS, World’s Fastest Growing Hospitality Education boasts of GLOBAL PLACEMENTS DOMINANCE resulting in Best Global Alumni Network.
- Winner of 8th National Education Awards
- Ranked No.1 among Eastern India – The Pioneer Newspaper
- Eastern India’s Best Hotel Management Institute – Brands Academy
- Affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), Govt. of West Bengal, Formerly known as WBUT
- Winner National West Bengal Education Award
- Winner of National Nestle Chef competitions
- Winners & runners-up of various national level chef competitions
- Best Placement Award – South Asian Academy Awards
- Worldwide Hospitality Award – Paris, France
- Black Swarn Award for Best International Placement-2019-20
- Ranked no 2 in all India-Students Most Preferred Private Institute
- Ranked No 1 in Eastern India-Students Most Preferred Private Institute
- Kolkata's Best Hotel Management Institute-2011 & 2012-Brands Academy
- World Record for the Most varieties of omelet cooked in 10 Mins-World Record Academy
- Asia Book of Record
- India Book of Records
- Limca Book of Records
- Winner of Critic circle of India-1995
- Winner of National Online Culinary Award-2018
- Education Excellence Awards-2012- Brands Academy
NIPS School of Hotel Management Courses
NIPS School of Hotel Management offers a wide range of courses:
National Courses | International Courses | Dual Certification | Higher Study Abroad
- BHM + international – Read more
- BHM – Read more
- B.Sc in Culinary + International – Read more
- B.Sc – Read more
- M.Sc + International – Read more
- M.Sc – Read more
- Diploma (Dual Certification) – Read more
- International Certification – Read more
Click here: NIPS Courses
NIPS School of Hotel Management Admission
- The admission to Bachelor of Hospitality Management course offered by the NIPS School of Hotel Management is on the basis of an entrance exam and interview. Candidates applying must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam from a recognized institute.
- Applicants for Bachelor of Hospitality Management course can obtain the application form/ Prospectus from the institute or can get it through post by paying a fee of INR 500.
- Applications received by the institute will be scrutinized and the shortlisted candidates will have a telephonic interview.
Selected candidates will be informed by mail/ call.
Click here: NIPS Admission
NIPS School of Hotel Management Facilities
The college has an integrated infrastructure with multiple lecture rooms equipped with the latest audiovisual as well as several IT facilities. These include
- Faculty Offices
- Student Lounges
- Library And Secretariat
- Computer center featuring the latest systems – including hardware and software utilized by corporate and hotels around the world. All students have access to the Internet and online resources.
- Simulators such as contemporary front desk, elaborate kitchens, à la mode restaurants, trendy bars and plush housekeeping rooms.
Click here: NIPS Hostel