Chemnitz University of Technology Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Technical University Chemnitz, Germany is the third-largest university in Saxony. The university provides the students with the courses of undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma level across various subjects.
Most of the courses are being taught in German, so knowing the German language up to a certain level is crucial for the admission process. Some courses are also taught in English.
- Both domestic and international students are required to apply via ‘Uni-assist’ for the Technical University Chemnitz admissions.
- Uni-assist conducts the primary screening of the applications and subsequently forwards the application to the respective university along with the supporting documents.
- The application deadlines for international students is January 15 and July 15 for the summer and winter term, respectively.
- Students must provide proof of German and English proficiency for the subjects taught in German and English, respectively.
- International applicants hailing from India, Bangladesh or Pakistan need not provide any proof of English proficiency.
- Applicants need to appear for an assessment test if their secondary school certificate is non-equivalent to the German certificate.
- The progress of application can be tracked on the ‘Uni-assist.
- Students are notified about the admission offer via an email.
|Application Fee||Required (not mentioned)|
|Language Requirement||Recommended to submit TOEFL/IELTS Score|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Student Loans|
Technical University Chemnitz Admission Deadlines
Some of the deadlines may vary from course to course. The general application deadline for most of the course is as mentioned below:
Technical University Chemnitz International Admissions
Every year the university gets quite a large number of international students due to the vast amount of options in degree courses that they provide. The applicants can apply via two methods – Firstly they can apply directly via an online portal and secondly they can apply via Uni-assist e.V. This uni-assist e.V. Supports the University of Technology of Chemnitz with the admission process.
The following applicants can apply via the Uni-assist:
- If the applicant hasn’t completed the German language up to A level.
- If the applicant has a foreign bachelor or Master's degree.
- If the applicant has completed an entrance examination test (FSP) from a Studienkolleg in Germany without an admission letter from TUC.
The general requirements for admission process are:
- official transcripts, school leaving certificates translated into German or English.
- an attested copy of proof of successful completion of the university entrance exam.
- original copy of APS-certificate only applicable for applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia.
- proof of German language if German is not the native language of the applicant.
- A copy of the university entrance exam qualification proof.
- A health insurance certificate of the statutory health insurance.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The applicants who are non-native English speakers need to provide evidence of their English proficiency by submitting the results of IELTS or TOEFL. The English language proficiency requirements and cut-offs are the same for both the undergraduate and postgraduate admissions. The minimum cut-offs are:
Technical University Chemnitz Postgraduate Admissions
The university provides a diverse postgraduate community. They provide courses in both German languages as well as the English language. The general requirements for admission are:
- The applicant needs to register, online application and online enrolment through the application portal.
- Proof of current performance overview of the applicant is required.
- If applicable, a university degree certificate should be submitted.
- Proof of Language proficiency in German or English is required.
The same documents as it was in case of undergraduate admission needs to be submitted by post to the student secretariat.
Then the applicant needs to transfer the semester contribution fee to the particular
The admission requirements for postgraduate courses offered by the university are:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or any international equivalent
- Official transcripts
- Proof of German/English proficiency depending upon the subject requirement.
A few of the popular postgraduate courses offered
- Master in Chemistry
- Master in Biomedical Engineering
- Master in Mechanical Engineering
- Master in Computer Science
- Master in Business Administration & engineering
Technical University Chemnitz, Germany has a great range of degree courses, as a result, it is very beneficial for students who are planning to pursue higher education. The best feature of this university is that there is no tuition fee. The students only need to pay the semester contribution. The support and guidance that this university provides for international applicants is commendable and it helps the new applicants to get used to the system.
As most of the courses are taught in German, so it would be better for the applicants to learn the German language beforehand so that they can pass through the admission process smoothly. The university also provides placement guidance.