Technical University Freiberg Admission 2020-2021, ELP and Academic Requirements
Technical University Freiberg was established in the year 1765 and its serving president is Professor Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht. The university currently has 5,000 students enrolled. There are six faculties that offer various UG and PG programs in study areas like geosciences, mathematics & natural sciences, economics & interdisciplinary and engineering sciences.
- There are 18 bachelor programs, 37 master programs, and 15 diploma programs.
- UG applicants can apply through Uniassist portal. Pg applicants are required to send in the application form available on the course pages.
- There is no application fee for PG applications.
|Application Portal||UG or diploma programs– Apply via the uni-assist portal
master's programs– apply by sending the application form and documents via post
|Application Fee||International bachelor programmes - 75.00 EUR|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
Technical University Freiberg Admission Deadlines
Applicants must send in their applications by the following deadlines:
- Deadline for the applicant if a visa is required and German language intensive course with DSH exam is needed.
Language Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency for courses with the medium of instruction as English and German language proficiency for courses with the medium of instruction as German. The minimum test score requirements are given below:
German Language Certificate
|At the application stage||Level A1 (150 hrs of German language instruction)|
|DSH examination||DSH-2, DSH-3|
|German Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Culture||German Language Diploma (Level II)|
|Telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||Passed|
|German Language section of the qualification assessment examination||Passed|
|Minor or major Goethe-Institut German Language Certificate||Passed|
|Central Advanced Language Test||Passed|
English Language Certificate
English language skills are available at least at B2 level.
Visa Process for International Applicants
International students applying for admission at a German institute are required to have a residence permit visa for educational purposes or student visa.
- Applicants are required to provide the following documents at the time of visa application:
- Proof or the health insurance cover
- One passport photograph
- Registration form
- Application form for the residence permit
- Attestation of the landlord
- Financial statement to show that the applicant has enough funds
- Letter of acceptance from German University
Apart from the student visa, non-EU students need to get a residence permit from the local authorities in Germany if the applicant is planning to stay for longer than 3 months. The entire visa process may take up to 2 months.
Technical University Freiberg Undergraduate Admissions
International applicants must fulfill the following requirements for admissions in the Technical University Freiberg. The details of the requirements and process of admissions are mentioned below:
Where to Apply: Apply via the uni-assist portal
Application Fee: 75.00 EUR
Admission for International Students
- The submission of the official and certified documents is necessary.
- Officially certified copy of German Language certificate with proof of at least 150 lessons or level A1
- A recent photograph of the applicant for the student card
- Certified copy of university entrance qualification certificate
- The translated and certified copy of the qualification certificate if not in English
- Applicants from China, Morroco, Vietnam, Mongolia have additional requirements. For details, click here.
Technical University Freiberg Graduate Admissions
There are 37 graduate programs for all the applicants. The admission requirements for all the courses are the same except for a few of them. The details of the requirements and process are detailed below:
General Admission requirements
- The certified copies of higher education certificates which include a bachelor degree certificate in the relevant field.
- The applicant has to submit the translated copy of the certificates.
- The proof of German or English language proficiency scorecards, depending upon the course chosen.
- The recent passport-size photo.
Some of the popular graduate courses are:
|Course||Application Portal||Application Deadline||Academic Requirements||English Proficiency|
|Master Advanced Material Analysis||Application for Admission for foreign application||15 April||Relevant UG degree||TOEFL: 87
|European MSc-Program Geomatics for Mineral Resource Management||Application Form||31 January||Relevant UG degree||TOEFL (Pbt): 550
|Master Technology and Application of Inorganic Engineering Materials||Foreign Application Form||15 April||Relevant UG degree, German Langauge requirements.||TOEFL (iBT): 87
|Master Mechanical and Process Engineering||Foreign Application form||15 April||Six semesters of a first university degree in Mechanical engineering||TOEFL (iBT): 87
|Master Geoscience||Foreign Application form||30 April
|Practical work experience, interview||TOEFL: 78/79
|Master Groundwater Management||Foreign Application form||30 April||University degree in Geosciences, Motivation letter (max two pages)
||TOEFL (iBT): 87
The applicants need to fulfill the language proficiency in German and English for getting considered into the university. International applicants from certain countries are required to fulfill additional requirements. International applicants are suggested to ensure that they fulfill minimum requirements and provide certified copies of the documents. The certified copy is the one which is issued by a German diplomatic mission in the other countries.