Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Established in 1973, Carl Von Ossietzky, University of Oldenburg is a public university in Germany, specialising in interdisciplinary & sustainable development studies and renewable energy studies. The university offers 95 courses of study in the form of large number of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- International students must apply through uni-assist for admissions into the Carl Von Ossietzky, University of ldenburg.
- Students should apply a few months prior to the deadline as uni-assist takes about 4 weeks to process the application and send it to the university
- Students must have the basic communication skills in German. Though some courses are offered in English while others in German, Students must qualify for the language proficiency required in their course accordingly
|Application fee||75 EUR + 30 EUR (additional application)|
|Payment Method||Bank transfer, credit card 2|
|Intake Season||Winter, Summer|
|Language Tests Required||German and/or English|
Carl Von Ossietzky, University of Oldenburg Admission Deadlines
Students should note that the application processing usually takes about 4 weeks. Thus, it is important to complete the applications before the deadlines. Students should note that the deadlines for masters programs vary from course to course, students can check their individual course for the deadlines.Given below are the deadlines for the Undergraduate programs for international students-
|Winter term||July 15|
|Summer term||January 15|
Carl Von Ossietzky, University of Oldenburg Undergraduate Admissions
The international admissions have different requirements as compared to domestic admissions. The following guidelines must be followed in order to be accepted by the university for admission.
Apply Online:- Click Here to Apply
Application Fee:- 75 € (30 € for additional)
- High school diploma / Secondary School certificate
- University grades / transcripts / degrees
- Submit the Proof of German Language proficiency (for courses where medium of instruction is German)
- Proof of English Language proficiency (if stated in the admission requirements)
- University admissions test (if available)
German Proficiency Test
The following language certificates are accepted:
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Level II
- TestDaF (Level 4 in all subtests)
- Kleines oder Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung Goethe-Institute
- TELC C1 for Universities
English Proficiency Test
|IELTS||8.5, 9.0||7.0, 7.5, 8.0||5.5, 6.0, 6.5||4.0, 4.5, 5.0||3.0, 3.5||2.0, 2.5|
*-As per the guidelines by Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Applications sent by international students are processed by the Service Centre for International Applications for Study, uni-assist e.V.
- Pre-evaluation is done by uni-assist e.V. and the final admission depends upon the university itself.
- Uni-assist e.V. will only start processing the application after the handling fee has been paid.
Visa Process for International Students
- The international students are advised to make an appointment with the German embassy as soon as they receive their Letter of Acceptance from the university.
- As the process is an elongated one, it is advisable that the students apply for the visa as soon as possible
- The students must also submit a copy of these documents:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Proof of financial funds
Carl Von Ossietzky, University of Oldenburg Postgraduate Admissions
At Carl Von Ossietzky, the most popular master programs are Engineering, Technology & Applied Sciences, Mathematics and Arts. It is important to note that different courses have their own requirements.
Apply Online:- Click Here to Apply
|Computing Science||Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Computing Science or a related field||Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)|
|Engineering Physics||Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering Physics or a related field||English Proficiency: Level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
German Proficiency: DSH- Level 1
TestDaF- Level 3 in all four areas
|Mathematics||Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Mathematics or a related field||-|
|Sports and Lifestyle||Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Sport Science or related field||-|
Students are advised to apply three months before the application deadlines. At Carl Von Ossietzky, the admission decisions for bachelor and masters programs are made by the registrar’s office and particular faculty respectively. The admission decision is sent by post or mailed to the students.