The Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) is a non-profit public higher education institution. It is also known as a management university. UUM offers bachelor’s, masters and doctoral programs in various areas of study.
|Major Programs||Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Business and Economics, Computer Science and Emerging Economies|
|Percentage of International Students||23%|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||12:1|
|Admission Helpdesk||(604) 928 3305 | email@example.com|
UUM Programs, Campus and Residence
- There are three main colleges of UUM - UUM College of Business, UUM College of Arts and Sciences and UUM College of Law, Government and International Studies. It focuses on 8 research areas based on financial and market analysis, business, infotainment and international studies.
- Most of the undergraduate programs are delivered in English language therefore, students need to prove their proficiency in English. Each student needs to learn Malay (official language) and will be evaluated at the end of course.
- UUM has 2 campuses located in Sintok and a non-residential campus in Kuala Lumpur.
- UUM accommodates around 20,000 students in 15 residential halls. One can find restaurants, western food, and local delicacies along with clubs and associations, various attractions and basic amenities on-campus.
- Undergraduate students have guaranteed place in the residential halls and graduate students are admitted on “first come, firsts serve basis”.
Students may apply through the official website of the university.
Application Deadlines – September – May 31, January/February – October 30, May – February 28
- Official transcripts
- Work experience (if any)
- Visa Approval Letter (VAL)
- Minimum English language proficiency test score required: -
|Test||Minimum Score - UG||Minimum Score – Masters, Ph.D.|
|TOEFL||500 (PBT), 59 (iBT), 173 (CBT)||550 (PBT), 80 (iBT)|
UUM Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee||RM 12,500 to RM 9,000 (per year)|
|Accommodation||RM 150 (per month)|