Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University was established in 1913 but didn’t acquire the present status until 1973. It has enjoyed a prestigious 50 years reputation of being the most innovative and highly international school in Europe. The school falls under 1% of business schools in the world that enjoy triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS making it one of the best institutions to study in Netherlands.
Amongst the 31,100 plus students at the university, there is a great diversity of international representation. The acclaim associated with the university’s name is primarily because of medical, business, law, and economics faculties. They have exchange program opportunities with 150+ international partner schools and have over 350 faculty members who are highly qualified.
Rotterdam School of Management Rankings
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University has received its share of reputation from the rankings it has acquired through various prestigious surveys-
- Bagged 74th rank in the Best Global Universities by US News.
- QS World University Rankings has placed the institution on 197th rank.
- Economics and Business subjects at the university were ranked 1st in the Netherlands by US News 2019 ranking.
- Ranked 55th globally in MBA programs by Financial Times Rankings 2019.
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fee||100 EUR|
|Mode of programs||Online and offline|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, and Grants|
|Programs offered||Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral|
Rotterdam School of Management Campus
- Rotterdam School of Management is located on the main campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam- Woudestein, which is flooded with facilities such as a food court, advanced lecture rooms, study space, fitness area, etc.
- The university library is one of the many valuable assets with 950,000 books, 4,000 journals and study spaces created for learning and research purposes.
- Other facilities such as food plaza, Sports Centre and Supermarket are also available to the day-to-day needs of the students. The sports center also has a provision of physiotherapy practice.
- G-building contains PC rooms and quiet student study areas and the Polak building has five floors with six hundred study places.
- Apart from engaging in quality education, students have the opportunity to participate in activities hosted by the Students Association or Students Clubs. Marketing Club, Athletics Club, Sailing Club, Energy Club, etc. provide an enriching cultural experience.
- Rotterdam, being a culturally empowered city offers an experience that can keep every student entertained. Museums, art, music, world-famous architecture, theatre, cafes, restaurants, and dance are a few of the options to explore.
Rotterdam School of Management Residence
- RSM or Erasmus University do not have accommodation of their own but do assist students in housing search in around 800 rooms reserved by the institute.
- At present, the institute has a partnership with the companies SSH, XIOR, and Fizz Cobana.
- Short Stay Accommodations run by SSH Student Housing provides 540 furnished rooms in 5 buildings to students who have just arrived in the Netherlands and need accommodation for the first 12 months of their stay. Following the end of this timestamp, they will have to arrange their own stay.
- Xior Building just next to the campus has 259 studio apartments with private bathrooms and kitchen facilities. For both these housing options, students have to timely register considering there is limited space.
- There are other accommodation providers such as The Fizz Cobana (44 rooms), Housing Anywhere, Room Plaza, The Student Hostel, etc. Students can apply for any of these depending upon the type of accommodation they are looking for.
Rotterdam School of Management Programs
- Rotterdam School of Management offers numerous courses on a bachelor’s, masters and doctoral level in Dutch and English languages. B. Sc. in Business Administration and Part-time Master in Management are two integral courses that require the student to be proficient in Dutch.
- Certificate programs are also available in the field of Management, Leadership, Digital Analysis, Crisis Communication, etc. Additionally, RSM also hosts two pre-master courses for programs taught in English and in Dutch.
- MBA is the most prestigious degree at Rotterdam School of Management. Four categories of MBA are taught at RSM- Executive MBA, International MBA, Global OneMBA, and Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA.
- RSM also offers multiple subjects in the Master of Science (M.Sc.) course. Apart from the thoughtfully formulated course with study trips, the major attraction is that the course does not have a fixed duration. One can complete the course as early as 18 months or go on with it for years.
Rotterdam School of Management Application Process
The institute offers a number of courses in the business study area. The students seeking admission at Rotterdam School of Business have to apply online and send the application material by given deadlines to ensure a seat. Given below is a brief idea of admission process.
Application Portal: Online registration at Dutch National Student Registration System and then continue the application at RSM Online Application Form (OLAF).
Application Fee: 100 EUR
Application Deadlines: Applications for the September 2021 start will be accepted from 1 October onwards.
Supporting Documents: RSM requires you to submit the following documents while applying for a program at the school-
- Valid passport or European ID card.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Bachelor diploma (if available).
- Academic transcripts with subjects and grades.
- Diploma and transcript of additional courses (if applicable).
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge tests).
- GMAT scores (if applicable).
- Proof of additional language proficiency (if applicable).
The students may expect a call from the institute within two weeks for submitting the application.
English Proficiency Test Scores
|Tests accepted||Minimum scores|
|IELTS||Minimum overall score of 7.0 and minimum sub-scores 6.5|
|TOEFL (iBT)||Minimum overall score 94 with minimum sub scores of 22 for reading, listening, and speaking and for writing 24.|
|Cambridge ESOL||Equal to CAE-C/C1 Advanced or CPE-C/C2 proficiency|
|Cambridge BEC Higher/C1 Business Higher||Minimum grade C|
Rotterdam School of Management Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee at Rotterdam School of Business for different levels is as follows-
|Bachelors Program||22,600 EUR|
|Masters Program||22,600 EUR|
|Research Master Program||18,900 EUR|
Since MBA is one of the most popular programs at the university, the program cost for different types of MBA is stated below-
|Program name||Program cost|
|Executive MBA||54,500 EUR|
|International MBA||54,000 EUR|
|Global One-MBA||63,500 EUR|
|Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA||53,000 EUR|
Cost of living in the Netherlands depends upon personal standards of living. However, a general estimate is given below-
|Area of expenditure||Rates|
|Daily expenses||350 EUR|
Rotterdam School of Management Financial Aid
- Rotterdam School of Management offers numerous financial aid options for international students in forms of scholarships and grants.
- Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship is offered to students pursuing a master’s degree. An amount of 15,000 EUR is given for housing, living, and statutory fee.
- Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is reserved for non-EEA/EU students belonging to any faculty. The reward ranges anywhere between 5,000-15,000 EUR.
- L-EARN for Impact Scholarship is an initiative for Master’s students from developing countries. The scholarship ranges between 10,000-22,000 EUR. However, those who have to pay institutional tuition fees have a fee waiver.
Rotterdam School of Management Alumni Network
- Rotterdam School of Management has 40,000 alumni members from 133 countries.
- It offers its alumni the opportunity to become an RSM MentorMe and have career conversations, become resume critiques, and take mock interviews.
- Get invited to events on campus and across the globe as a part of the alumni association.
- The alumni are also helped in professional development, lifelong learning, and social connections via events.
- A few notable alumni are Johan Henrik Andresen (Owner and CEO, Fred Norway), Jan Tinbergen (Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences).
Rotterdam School of Management Placements
- In 2019, Rotterdam School of Management had a remarkable placement record, wherein 59% of MBA students bagged a job before their degree ended and 88% had a job within six months of finishing the course.
- RSM Career Centre is responsible for a large number of placements and had 800 companies on it. Here the potential employers can interact with the potential employees, consequently hiring students.
- The highest placement rate is observed from the full-time MBA class and the average salary is 76,594 EUR.
- The departments and their specific salaries offered are as follows-
|Marketing and Sales||82,359-143,460 EUR|
|Finance and Accounting||78,001-156,000 EUR|
- Deloitte, Aaeon, Intertrust, and Infosys are some companies that offered placements in Netherlands after graduation.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
It is a very highly-ranked business university in the world, with a lot of international students and is also affordable.
Course Curriculum :
It is a very thorough and detailed course structure with many practical aspects. It includes all the facets of business administration including Finance and accounting, HR, Marketing and Operations. Besides this, it has many practical and research-based courses. We had many research based assignments and projects that required us to use real-life cases and experiences. For example, we have the bachelor thesis where we have to conduct our own study, analyze the findings and draw conclusions. We also have skill-based courses such as effective business communication and IT related courses which focus on excel and word proficiency.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary