Candidates who appeared in the second week which spanned from November 9 to 15th of November 2020, have precisely mentioned that the difficulty level of the examination was by far moderate, and not on the tougher side as assumed looking at the previous papers. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is maintaining the same pattern of questions but the difficulty level ranges for each day. The scoring section as per the experts and the students was the Quantitative Ability section and the difficulty was Language skill due to its lengthy questions.
NMAT 2020 Second week Exam Analysis
- The Second week was from moderate level to tough.
- The Language skill part was the toughest segment of all, as faced by most of the candidates due to the Reading Comprehension section especially.
- The Logical Reasoning part was moderate with focus on Critical Reasoning questions.
- Surprisingly the Quantitative ability section was the easiest of all with the candidate getting ample scoring opportunities.
NMAT 2020 Analysis Topic Wise section
|Section||Number of Questions||Score Range||Duration|
|Quantitative Skills||36||120||50 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||36||120||40 minutes|
|Language skill||36||120||30 minutes|
The candidate should look at the topic wise marks division so as to get a clear idea about the weightage of marks they have to score eventually. They should keep in mind that the level of difficulty will range from week to week concerned. So, it is advised to focus on every concept, every topic and solve mock test and revise thoroughly.
NMAT 2020 Analysis Section Overview
- According to the students and the experts, NMAT 2020 Analysis suggests the questions of Quantitative Skills section was toughest as compared to the other two sections.
- The section tentatively focused on the question from Permutation & Combinations, modern math with mere focus on questions of geometry and Algebra.
- Data Interpretation was comparatively easy with focus on the same pattern on the daily basis, where the 1st set was easy but the remaining two sets were moderate which includes calculations based on percentage and ratios.
- It is advised to focus primarily on P&C and Probability questions. Solve regular mock test to get in hand the difficulty of various concepts.
- NMAT 2020 second week analysis suggests the Language Skills section to be of moderate level to tough.
- The university is maintaining the same exam pattern, with 3 Reading Comprehension questions which were inference based and tone based, as per the candidates it was lengthy and time consuming to solve the entire passage.
- The section included spotting the error in the underlined parts of a sentence, para jumbles, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms and meaning of the phrase. These areas are supposed to attain marks to the candidate if focused and answered clearly.
- Grammar based and Vocabulary based questions were asked, which vary on the daily basis of the exam.
- NMAT 2020 second week Logical Reasoning section was moderate with focus on Critical Reasoning.
- The questions on Input and sequential output were asked which were time consuming and on the tougher side.
- The verbal reasoning section had questions pertaining to implicit statement, Strong/weak argument, Course of action, Decision making and Logical Consistency.
- The nonverbal section had 2-4 questions on numerical and logical puzzles.