As per the latest update, the UP Government is planning to set up a 17-member task force to implement the New National Education Policy 2020.
The task force planned will be headed by UP Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma as President. UP Basic Education Minister Satish Dwivedi will also join him as co-chairman.
The news of the formation of the 17-member task force for the implementation of the New Education Policy 2020 in the state was confirmed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath through a tweet from his official account.
मुख्यमंत्री श्री @myogiadityanath जी ने @HRDMinistry द्वारा लागू की गई राष्ट्रीय शिक्षा नीति-2020 के उत्तर प्रदेश में सफल क्रियान्वयन हेतु कार्ययोजना तैयार करने के लिए 17 सदस्यीय टास्क फोर्स के गठन को संस्तुति प्रदान की है।@spgoyal @sanjaychapps1 @74_alok pic.twitter.com/6ZXo8bPBNr— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) August 19, 2020
Eminent Educationists, Academicians on the Task Force
As per the details shared by CMO Uttar Pradesh, the 17-member task force set up to prepare a roadmap for the implementation of the New Education Policy 2020 is made up of eminent educators as well as academics. The task force has been set up in such a way that it is represented by all stakeholders and sectors of education in the state, from schools, colleges, vocational education, teacher education and others.
Members of the Team
Some of the most important and renowned names on the list of members included in the UP Govt’s 17-member Task Force for implementation of New Education Policy 2020 are:
- Dr GC Tripathi, President, UP State Higher Education Council
- Ms Renuka Kumar, ACS, Basic Education Department
- S Radha Chauhan, ACS Technical Education and Vocational Education
- Ms Monika S Garg, ACS, Higher Education Department
- Ms Aradhana Shukla, ACS, Secondary Education Department
- Mr Anil Swarup, Former Secretary to the Government of India
- Mr Ashok Ganguly, Former Chairman Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Dr Vinay Pathak, Vice Chancellor, AKTU, Lucknow
- Vachaspati Mishra, President, Uttar Pradesh Sanskrit Sansthan
- VP Khandelwal, Former Director, Secondary Education
- Mri Krishna Mohan Tripathi, Former Director, Secondary Education
- Arvind Mohan, Prof. of Lucknow University
- Nishi Pandey, Prof. of Lucknow University
- Abbas Nayyar, Prof. of Lucknow University
- Mr Vijay Kiran Anand, Director General, will be the Member Secretary of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Task Force.