Jonkoping University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1977, Jonkoping University is located in the city of Jonkoping in Smaland, Sweden. It is one of the top universities in Sweden for international student exchange and among the best in terms of attracting international students.
With 12,000 students currently enrolled, it has over 2,400 international students representing 70 countries. It has partnered over 350 universities worldwide and has 800 partner companies and 1,000 research and practicum partnership schools. Jonkoping University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in over 80 fields.
Jonkoping University Rankings
- US News and World Report 202 Rankings:
- #480 in Social Sciences and Public Health
- Swedish National Agency for Higher Education Report:
- #1 in the number of Business and Economics bachelor’s students
|Setting of the campus||City / Urban|
|Programs offered||Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. programs|
|On-campus residence||Not Available ( Other Options available)|
|Number of Departments||4|
|Official Website||JU Official|
Jonkoping University Campus & Residence
- The campus is located in the city center of Jonkoping in Smaland, Sweden. It has an urban setting.
- The campus is on the western shore of the lake Munksjon, near the south shore of the Lake Vattern and nearer to the Central Station.
- Though it does not offer on-campus accommodation, it has partnered with various landlords near the campus and provides guaranteed residence to international students provided they apply well on time.
- Applicants can check here for various housing options and the cost required.
- These residence facilities include bed, duvet, pillow, wardrobe, access to kitchen and laundry room, electricity, water and internet connection, and basic kitchen equipment in some accommodations.
- It does not include bed sheets, towels, meals, and cleaning services.
Jonkoping University Programs
- It offers over 80 Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs through four schools:
- Jonkoping International Business School
- School of Education and Communication
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Welfare.
- The university also provides pathways in bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. programs to the domestic as well as international students.
- It offers different courses in the field of Business Administration, Informatics, Product System and Development, Mass Communication, and Education.
- Few popular programs offered are Master of Science in Production Development and Materials Engineering Major, Master of Science-Information Engineering and Management, Bachelor of Science International Management, Bachelor Degree in International Economics, and MS International Corporate Tax Law.
Jonkoping University Application Process
Application Fee: 900 SEK
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts - High School or College (as applicable)
- Letter of Motivation
- Program-specific and country-specific requirements.
- English Proficiency Tests scores: IELTS - 6.5; PTE - 62; TOEFL IBT - 90
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of Financial Support
Jonkoping University Cost Of Attendance
The tuition fee for various programs per academic year offered by the university through its four schools is tabulated below:
|Jonkoping International Business School||1,00,000 SEK||1,20,000 SEK|
|School of Education and Communication||1,00,000 SEK||1,17,000 SEK|
|School of Engineering*||1,30,000 SEK||1,40,000 SEK|
|School of Health and Welfare||1,60,000 SEK||1,17,000 SEK**|
*Materials and Manufacturing Master's program: SEK 100,000
Higher Education Diploma: SEK 130,000
**Occupational Therapy Master's programs: SEK 117,000
MASTech, Master's of Product Development, specialization in Assistive Technology: SEK 140,000
Jonkoping University Financial Aid
- Though the university does not offer institutional scholarships, it does support all the scholarships awarded by the Swedish Government. The application must be received by April 15.
- Swedish Institute offers 500 scholarships to students coming to Sweden to complete their higher education.
- Applicants can also apply for various scholarship opportunities in their home country.
Jonkoping University Alumni
Alumni have continued access to career and placements services. Through various events and reunions, they have a chance to polish their networking skills. Some notable alumni are:
- Charlotta Mellander
- Johan Wiklund, a Swedish scholar
- Emma Hult, member of the Riksdag
- Nargiz Kurbanova, the Ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Adnan Dibramni, member of the Swedish Riksdag
Jonkoping University Placements
- For the bachelor’s students, an internship may be offered during the elective semester. Two-year advanced level programs at Jonkoping International Business School also offer various internships.
- In the School Located Studies, the teachers in the School of Education and Communication allow the students to spend a period of time in their future professional environment.
- Work placement is included in all programs at the School of Health and Welfare and the School of Education and Communication by collaborating with approximately 360 hospitals, health care departments, and institutions.
- The industrial placement course at the School of Engineering offers a 5-10 week internship at a company during the spring semester of the second year for undergraduate programs or the autumn semester on the advanced level.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Before I started studying at Jönköping University, I thought I would have less spare time than before, and that I would sit with a book in front of me all day. But I have realized that student life doesn’t have to be that tough if you just plan your time well and stay focused when you study. During a normal week, I have time to study, work, and socialize with friends.
Course Curriculum :
In this program, I am getting the skills to design and encode interactive web applications for different devices and platforms with a clear focus on the user experience. I am also getting the theoretical and practical knowledge for designing graphic material for both printed and digital media.
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary