Orebro University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Orebro University, is one of the world’s most valued and ranked universities. Örebro University College was established through an alliance of the Uppsala University branch in Örebro. Then the University was founded in 1977 in Orebro, Sweden. It is one of the pioneer universities in Sweden.
The university is globally known for its Master’s programs and internationally prominent research facilities. In 2015 the Swedish Council for Higher Education awarded degree powers to the MSc in Engineering.
Following are the rankings of the university for the 2020 year
- Best Global Universities in Europe: #301
- Best Global Universities in Sweden: #11
- Clinical Medicine: #390
- Subject ranking: #501-550
Times Higher Education
- World University ranking: #351-400
- Young University ranking: #74
|Year of foundation||1977|
|No. of Programs (for international students)||Master’s: 11 programs|
|Graduate Employability Rate||84%|
|English language proficiency||IELTS, PTE, TOEFL|
|Type of Programs||Full-time; Part-time|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
46 19 30 37 00
Orebro University Campus
- Orebro University’s campus is located at the center. From here the students can easily access the University Library, cafes, gym, eateries, and student housing.
- A non-profit student association is run by Swedish students. Through the organization, the students organize indoor and outdoor activities, parties, cultural events, excursions, and trips during the whole semester.
- The city of Orebro offers the students a chance to explore the city through a variety of shopping centers, cultural and musical events, and restaurants.
- The students can also enjoy in the nightclubs with famous live-artist performances and small clubs, pubs, and restaurants with various profiles and menus.
- Public transport is within the reach.
- They are offered the best conditions for organizing successful meetings, conventions, conferences, trade shows, and music concerts.
- Museums, woodturner workshops, café, restaurants, exhibitions, and bakeries are some of the other options which students can enjoy.
- The students can also sports indulge in some of the sports activities such as football, ice hockey, bandy, or volleyball.
Orebro University Housing Facilities
- Students can apply for the accommodation latest by April 15 for the autumn semester and October 15 for the spring semester.
- A student pursuing a Master’s program from Orebro University does not have a Swedish personal identity number then he/ she can avail accommodation through the Housing Office.
- Students with disabilities are required to submit a certificate from both the home university and from a medical doctor.
- The students can opt for Västra Flygeln and for Corridor style living. Both the accommodations are fully furnished. The rooms contain a bed, bedside table, armchair, desk, chair. The Internet facility is also there. Both accommodations are strictly no-smoking zones.
- Alternatively, a student can reside off-campus on a rental basis. Hyrenbostad, Bostadsdeal, Bostadshub, and Bostadssurf are the online portals where the student can select suitable accommodation options.
Orebro University Programs
- There are a total of 9 Master’s programs offered to the students.
- The programs start in the Autumn semester 2020.
- All the programs are of 2-year duration except for the Master in Applied Science, Master’s Program in Social Analysis, and Master’s Program in Public planning for Sustainable Development.
Orebro University Admissions Requirements
Admission at the university is quite an easy process. It is advisable to start the process early. Given below is the information regarding the admission at Orebro University.
Application Form: All the students have to apply to the master’s programs through the national central portal for admission – universityadmissions.se
Application Fee: 900 SEK
|Online applications open at the online portal||October 16, 2019|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2020|
|Deadline for submitting the documents||February 3, 2020|
|Notification for selection||April 3, 2020|
|Last date to tuition fee||April 30, 2020|
|Autumn Semester begins||August 31, 2020|
Orebro University Academic Requirements:
- Students are required to have an undergraduate degree in the related field.
- Students are not required to appear for the SAT or for the ACT exams.
- Appearing for the GMAT or GRE tests is optional.
- Students whose native language is not English are required to appear for the English proficiency test. A student can appear in any of the following tests:
- Letter of acceptance.
- An official transcript written in the English language is required. The transcript should contain all courses, grades, and credits obtained at the university level, both undergraduate/bachelor level and, if applicable for you, postgraduate/master level. The document should be uploaded as a PDF-file, no hard copies are needed.
- Students seeking admission in the Music programs are required to have two instrumental/vocal pieces. The recordings are to be sent via email to email@example.com.
- The university does not require any English level certificate.
- Visa related documents are also required. The university will not assist the student regarding the Visa permit application process.
- International students are also required to have residence permit before entering Sweden.
Orebro University Cost of Attendance
The table tabulated below shows the estimated cost of attendance for the year.
|Hygiene, clothing, leisure, etc.||1,500|
Orebro University Scholarships and Financial Aids
- Multiple scholarships are offered to non-European students who are studying at Orebro University. These are offered by the Swedish Institute or directly via Örebro University.
- At Orebro University scholarships are offered only to the students pursuing Master’s programs.
- A student can apply for the Örebro University Scholarship. The scholarship covers full or partial tuition fees but it does not cover living expenses. Students can apply for it on the universityadmissions.se. It is one first come first basis.
Swedish Institute Scholarships is another scholarship for the non-EU students. It is a country-specific scholarship available for almost every country.
- Alternatively, students can go for the scholarships offered by Sweden.
Orebro University Work While You Study
- Students are allowed to work while studying at the university.
- International students interested in working in Sweden are required to have a Swedish personal identity number and should also be fluent in the Swedish language.
- An international student is allowed to work the equivalent of a 40-hour studying and working on assignments.
Orebro University Notable Alumni
Following are some of the notable alumni of the university:
- Jonna Jinton (Swedish photographer)
- Pernilla Månsson Colt (Swedish television presenter)
- Matilda Ernkrans (Member of the Riksdag)
- Göran Persson (Former Prime Minister of Sweden)
- Anna Bergendahl (Swedish singer)
Following are some of the Alumni Benefits:
- The alumni members can give lectures to students.
- Expertise and insights to the students can be given through mentoring.
- Alumni events are hosted.
Orebro University Placements
- Students generally are able to get a good placement once they graduate from the university.
- ‘Linje 14’ is organized in the university. It is a workshop that offers the students to indulge in over 300 activities while studying.
- ‘Campusmassan’ career fair is held every year in the month of February at the university.
ORU KickStart is offered to the students through which they can an opportunity to develop business ideas by making a team with other students.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #351 - #400
Ranked #501 - #600
Ranked #501 - #600
International Business (International)
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
Clinical Science (International)
View More >>
Orebro University is one of the universities that provides a fine curriculum related to Chemistry in Environmental studies. One of my friends suggested me to join the University as he himself is studying here. Also one of the reasons for studying here was no fee policy.
Course Curriculum :
I am studying a combination of various disciplines for increased knowledge of chemicals released into the environment and their effects on human and environmental health. My course offers a broad education in close connection to research related to chemical safety, health, and the environment. This education will give me the opportunity to develop the knowledge required to contribute to a sustainable society.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary