KTH Royal Institute of Technology is the oldest and largest technical university in Sweden. Founded in 1827, the university ranks #104 at the QS Global World Ranking 2019. Around one- third of total Sweden’s technical research and engineering education capacity comes from the KTH Institute. Additionally, KTH is one of the chief technical universities in Europe, especially in the technology and natural sciences sectors.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Application Portal||National Portal|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time|
|No. of programs (in English language)||UG – 1: Master’s: 60 Doctoral: 2|
|On Campus residence||Yes|
|Work while study||Yes|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||3,66,000 SEK|
|Admission Deskemail@example.com | +46 8-790 80 00|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- KTH has 4 campuses spread across the Stockholm region, with KTH Campus being the main one.
- KTH guarantees accommodation to the joint-Master’s program and degree–seeking students who pay their tuition fee/hold a scholarship or have a fee waiver.
- For private housing facility, the students should start their search by enrolling in SSSB accommodation, a public housing queue. Other private searches include sublets, hand letting company, accommodation agencies, etc.
- All the international students are offered an Online Swedish Elementary Distance Course starting in the autumn semester.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology Admissions
- Application Form: All the students have to apply to the university programs through the national portal for admissions – universityadmissions.se
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: TOEFL/IELFTS/PTE/MELAB or others
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Copy of Passport, Written Statement, Certificates and Diplomas, Portfolios and Projects
- Intake Deadlines:
- UG and master’s – two rounds: 16 October -15 January and 15 March – 15 April
- Doctoral programs – February, April, June, September and December
Language proficiency test scores
|TOEFL||Paper based - 575|
|iBT – 90|
Cost of Attendance
|Bachelor’s degree||3,66,000 SEK|
|Master’s degree||3,10,000 SEK|
Note: No tuition fee is charged from the students doing a doctorate.
KTH offers financial support to only full tuition fee-paying international students. Some of the scholarships available to international students are:
- KTH Scholarships
- KTH One-Year Scholarship
- KTH India Scholarship
- KTH Joint Programme Scholarship
- External Scholarships.