Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning was established in the year 1981. Sri Sathya Sai Baba laid the foundation stone of the university with aim of providing spiritual education to its students University offers 115 UG, 254 PG, 10 Research and 87 Professional programmes
- The university has given autonomous status by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- The Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning earned reaccreditation from the NAAC in January 2011 with a CGPA of 3.66 on a scale of 4 and an “A” grade rating
- University students have been successfully working at top global and national MNC’s and corporate houses like L &T, Wal-Mart, Intel Corporation, IBM, Citigroup and others
- The University provides free education to its students It does not charge any tuition fees, laboratory fees, library fees, examination fees, caution deposit etc.
- The university has four campuses, namely Anantapur, Puttaparthi, Kadugodi and Muddenahalli
- The university is housed amidst a serene and soothing environment which facilitates better academics
- Welfare of the poor and underdeveloped sections of the society is a major concern at the University which organizes various programmes for the same
- The University attempts to inculcate the joy of giving and service in its students and researchers
- There are total of 3 scholastic faculties at this University and multiple departments
- There is a Board of Management which has authority over all scholastic and administrative arrangements
- There is a comprehensive system of quality checks over all scholastic areas and each division of SSSIHL is focussed on bringing out innovative and effective educational modules
- The 18th of November is an important date in the university calendar where necessary nourishment and other provisions are distributed to the underprivileged from surrounding towns. There are various social welfare programmes and activities that are conducted at the university
- Sports and Cultural Activities- The Annual Sports and Cultural Meet is a minefield of cultural and sporting activities. This annual event combines academic competitions, sporting competitions, cultural competitions and debates for an inclusive experience
- Yoga Classes- Yoga Classes are organized for benefiting mind and body University provides lessons in the philosophy of yogasanas and physical fitness exercises
- Daily Prayers- Prayers and Devotional songs are held before the start of the day for make students aware of their Divine Reality
- Thursday Moral Classes- On Thursday, talks by eminent speakers stressing on their personal spiritual experiences are held. Moral Classes also used to highlight students’ talents in music, dramatics, elocution, debates, quizzes, etc.
- Festivals- The students from all campuses gather at Prasanthi Nilayam on all important festival occasions such as Guru Pournima, Navaratri, Christmas, New Year, Shivaratri, University Convocation and the Annual Sports and Cultural Meet.
- Sumer Classes- The Summer Course on Indian Culture & Spiritualityis organizes where talks and music programmes by students of individual campuses, along with Vedam chanting are held
- Social Service weeks- During social service weeks, students repair roads and buildings, clean and whitewash, organize medical camps, and plant trees
The university library has a rich collection of books, journals and other reference material which are in ratio:
- 160,000 (across all three campuses)
- 15,000 volumes
- 250 periodicals (both National and International)
- 6055 E-Journal Subscriptions and 55,100 E-Books under the UGC INFONET Digital Library Consortium
The modern Computer Centre at the campuses are equipped with 492 computers for use by the students. As a result, the student to computer ratio of the University now stands at 2.5:1. Wi-Fi and broadband connectivity ties the whole campus together.
Sri Sathya Sai Hill View Stadium:
Annual & International sports events and cultural meets are organised in the stadium. Stadiuum accommodates over 25,000 people.
The university auditorium is utilized for profound social events, petitions to God, scholarly congregations or for other events and cultural programmes. Each campus auditorium accommodate sover 900 people.