Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU), Guwahati was established in 2005.It is the fourteenth of its kind along with IGNOU and the only state Open University in the whole of NE India. The purpose of the University is to promote education to reach the unreached through the Open and Distance Learning System. The motto of the University is ‘Education beyond Barriers’ of age, academic background, and geographical boundaries. Due to inherent flexibility in terms of pace and place of learning, methods of evaluation etc.
How to Reach
Aerial Dist. From the airport 40 km
Rail Dist. 9 km
Road Dist. 1.7km from national highway
KKHSOU Courses and Admissions
Ph. D/ M. Phil.
KKHSOU Undergraduate Admission
For those applying to any of the bachelor’s degree, should have done 10+2 from a recognized college. To name a few courses available are BCA, BBA, B.Com, B.A, with Diploma in certain courses as well.
KKHSOU Postgraduate admissions (MA/MBA /M. Phil.)
- For achieving master’s degree one should have a masters degree.
- M.Phil. the programme shall be for a duration of two consecutive semesters/ one year. Candidate for admission to the M.Phil. the program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- For MBA one should give MAT entrance test.
KKHSOU Admission to D.El.Ed and Diploma courses
There are many options available for doing Diploma and PG diploma courses in journalism, tourism, mass communication, hotel management and creative writing.
For diploma courses in elementary education that came into existence in 2012. This program is meant to help DEC students from IGNOU.
KKHSOU Ph.D. Admissions
- Ph.D. program is offered by the University in regular mode as per the latest UGC guidelines. They are to undertake course works at least for one semester.
- Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program will be based on performance in the written test and viva.
KKHSOU Admissions criteria
- The student applying for an undergraduate degree should have a minimum eligibility of 10+2 from a reputed board.
- Those applying for M.A should have a bachelor’s degree.
- Those applying for M. Phil. Should have master’s degree in hand
- For the doctorate degree, one should have at least one professional/master’s degree.
A Detailed link to know more about KKHSOU Admission Process
- Scholarship scheme may vary according to government policy
- Reserved categories may be exempted from paying full fees.
- Digital Library: A library where you don’t need to be present physically, just a click from your computers/laptops and you can access to thousands of e-books.