The Central University of Gujarat (CUG) was established by Parliament of India through the Central Universities Act. No. 25, 2009 in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat. The University was ranked overall 60th in India and 2nd among all the Universities in Gujarat in NIRF 2016 rankings. According to NIRF 2017, the University ranks among the top 150 Universities in the country.
Get detailed information on CUG Admissions
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Schools
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Environment and Sustainable Development
- School fo International Studies
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Library and Information Sciences
- School of Life Science
- School of Nano Science
- School of National Security Studies
- School of Social Sciences
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Courses
The university offers 12 PG courses and 12 courses at the doctoral level. The university conducts its entrance exams for the admission to various courses. All the courses are offered under the Choice Based Credit system (CBCS). The selection of these programs is also based on the performance in the entrance exam.
The University offers M.A. program in six specializations – Economics, Sociology, Politics, and International Relations, Hindi, Gujarati and English and M.Sc. program in five specializations namely, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Environmental Science and Nanotechnology.
Eligibility: The candidate must be having a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. The admission to these UG courses is done on the basis of a computer-based entrance test conducted by the university.
M. Phil./ Ph. D.
The M. Phil. And Ph. D. program is offered in twelve specializations viz, Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies, Society and Development, Economics, Security Studies, International Politics, Comparative Literature, Hindi Language and Literature, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Environment, and Sustainable Development and Nanoscience.
Eligibility: The minimum eligibility to apply is Graduation in any discipline with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. The admission to the doctoral courses is done on the basis of a computer-based entrance test conducted by the university.
Click here to check CUG Courses and Fees Structure
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Placements
Placement Cell The University has established a Placement and Training Cell which is responsible for the interface between the University and possible recruiters. The University has a fully equipped placement office and a Placement Officer. The Cell has begun placing students from the Winter Semester 2015. Read More: CUG Placements
Why Join Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Gandhi Nagar?
- The candidate should join CUG because it visions to establish itself as a center of excellence with a social commitment by integrating modern, scientific and technological knowledge and skills with the basic human character and values.
- The University shall set forth a model in teaching, research and personality development and create a skilled human resource with a sense of responsiveness towards society, the country, and the world at large.
- The mission of CUG is to provide access to quality education and create opportunities for encouraging students to effectively engage with emerging innovations and technological challenges, international competitiveness, and leadership in thought as well as in action.
- CUG is also conscious of the importance of developing business and pedagogic abilities for the creation of knowledge, wealth and prosperity for the country as well as peace and happiness for human beings.