Indian Institute of Technology, popularly known as IIT Dhanbad, was established as Indian School of Mines (ISM Dhanbad). It was a Deemed University converted into Institute of National Importance under the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961. In 2016, ISM Dhanbad changed into IIT Dhanbad by the Union Cabinet. IIT Dhanbad consists 18 academic departments covering Applied Science, Humanities & Social Science, Management, and Engineering Programs. IIT Dhanbad Admission to UG program is based on JEE Advanced.
IIT Dhanbad Highlights
How to reach
2km distance from Dhanbad railway station
IIT Courses and Admissions
IIT Dhanbad offers UG, PG, Integrated, Executive and Ph.D. Programs in various streams such as Humanities & Social Science, Management, Engineering, and Applied Science. Candidates will shortlist on the basis of previous academic records and entrance exam which are mentioned below:
- For B.Tech. candidate should have to appear JEE Advanced
- For M.Tech. candidate should have to appear GATE
- For MBA program selection is done through CAT Exam
- For M.Sc. Program Admission is based on IIT JAM
- IIT Dhanbad itself conducts entrance exam for M.Sc.Tech. and Ph.D.
Know More About IIT Dhanbad Admission 2018
IIT Dhanbad Placements
IIT Dhanbad Placement cell consists more than 200 recruiters. The Placement cell conducts 45 minutes interview, including Group Discussion and all rounds of interview (Tech + HR). The placement cell also conducts interviews with Government organizations and PSUs.
IIT Dhanbad Ranking
General – International
General – International
IIT Dhanbad Facilities
Library: The central library of ISM is one of the richest and well-equipped university libraries in India. It is well connected with LAN & wifi and is open to its students and teaching staff. Its collection comprises of:
Number of Books
Number of Journals
Number of Ph.D. thesis and Dissertations
Number of Digital Books in form of CD ROM
Number of Full text research based journals
Hostel:IIT Dhanbad Hostels provides hygienic food and facility for recreation. The hostel facility is offered equally to girl and boy students. Single seated and double seated rooms are available.
Health Care Center:
- Specialist advises are available in ENT, Medicine, Psychiatry, Dentistry, Orthopedic, Gynecology and Cardiology.
- Homeopathic treatment is also available.
- Free of cost medicines to students and university staff.
- Referral services are available.
- 24 hours ambulance facility