Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, popularly known as Gokhale Institute, is one oldest research and training institutes of economics. It was established under the aegis of Servants of India Society in 1930. The institute has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A+’ grade. The thrust areas of research at the Institute are Agricultural Economics, Rural Development & Cooperation, Population Studies, Monetary Economics & Finance, Public Economics, International Economics, among others.
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Courses
The institute is a renowned institute for teaching and research in India. Institute’s constant efforts towards training and researching in the field of Economics established it as an emerging center of Excellence. Below mentioned is the list of courses offered by GIPE:
- UG – B.Sc (Economics)
- PG – M.Sc (Financial Economics; Agri-Business Economics; International Business Economics & Finance)
- Doctoral – Ph.D. (Economics; Population Studies; Law & Economics)
Click here GIPE Courses
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Infrastructure
The Institute is spread over a large and lush green area providing a serene atmosphere to the students and staff members of the college. It is dedicated to research into the socio-economic dimensions of Indian society. Listed below are the facilities provided by the Institute:
- Classrooms: GIPE aims to provide a positive and fun environment to help the students in learning more efficiently. A variety of media and other activities are used to cater to all learning styles. The teachers encourage independent methodology wherein everyone can contribute and learn.
- Computer Labs: There is a multi-purpose and technologically advanced workshops in the college. It is dedicated to meeting the teaching, learning and research needs of faculty, students and staff members.
- Library: The central library possesses 2,80,000 of documents for all branches. This includes 1875 journal titles, CDs, dissertation papers. Besides this, the library also has 375 periodicals titles. It has a reading room, Interlibrary loan, photocopying service, and many other facilities.
- Hostels: There are two hostels on the campus, one hostel for girls and another one for boys. Adequate hostel accommodation is available for the students which provide a homely atmosphere. The hostel has its own mess which provides hygienic and nutritious meals.
- Seminar Hall: GIPE is well-equipped with all of the modern facilities and fully air-conditioned seminar hall. It has a seating capacity of 70 persons.
Check here GIPE Admissions 2019
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Placements
The Insitute conducts on-campus placement process by inviting recruiting organizations. The placement cell seeks to optimize the interests of all stakeholders in the process. GIPE organizes various student-led co-curricular activities in collaboration with reputed companies. This acquaints the students about the nature of the industrial sector.
Some of the past recruiters of the Institute include FedEx, American Express, Cogencis, BresMed, Bharat Forge, Deloitte, Forbes Marshall, ICICI Bank, TATA Motors and many more.
Know more Gokhale Institute Placements
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Awards
GIPE believes in inspiring the students by awarding them with excellence awards based on their performance in academics. Mentioned below are the names of such awards and prizes.
- Prof. Debesh Chakraborty Prize for Best Ph.D. Thesis in Output, Economics, and related systems.
- Dr. P.N. Mathur Prize for securing highest marks in Linear Economics
- Pandurangi Prize for securing the first rank in M.Sc. (Economics) Program
- Prof. Srikantan Prize for securing second highest marks in Population Studies & Health Economics
- Prof. Ashok Mitra Prize securing highest marks in International Trade in Agriculture
- Prof. D.R. Gadgil Prize for securing the first rank in M.Sc.(Financial Economics) Program
- Prof. V.S. Patwardhan Prize for securing highest marks in Security Analysis