The level of education in India is constantly on the rise thanks to the presence of a number of outstanding universities throughout the country. Agriculture and technology are the two most vital areas in which a country like India needs to prosper and this could be done by establishing higher education institutions that focus mostly in these areas. The Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology is a pioneering institution in this regard.
- The university came into existence in the year 1974 on the 15th of January by the then Prime minister of India late Smt. Indira Gandhi.
- It was established near Faizabad city at Mashodha but later on, in 1975, the campus was shifted to Kumarganj on the decision of the Uttar Pradesh Government
- The university initially functioned from the Gram Swalabi Vidyalaya Acharya Nagar which was borrowed by it in a place called Naka in Faizabad
- Shri A. D. Pandey, a retired IAS Officer, was appointed as the first Vice- Chancellor of the university on October 10, 1975.
- The Mahamaya College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology is a constituent college of NDUAT which was established in the year 2002 for catering to the needs of the farmers of U.P
- There are several other colleges under the affiliation of ND University of Agriculture and Technology such as College of Animal Science and Husbandry, College of Home Science and so on
- The courses offered at the university focus mainly on the demands and ways through the problems of the farmers could be met in the field of agriculture
- Extremely dedicated faculty imparting highest level of education is another feature of the university
- The university has also been recognized by the UGC.
There are departments in the university having superb facilities and equipments that fulfill the basic requirements of the students. A few departments to be mentioned are:
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Animal Science department
- Department of Biochemistry department
- Department of Crop Physiology department
- Department of Entomology department
- Department of Fisheries department
- Department of Forestry department etc
The university also promotes and carries out research works in various agricultural areas and has its research centers in the three different areas of UP mainly:
- NEPZ (North Eastern Plain Zone): Crop Research Station in Bahraich, Zonal Agricultural Research Station, KVK in Belipar at Golakhpur
- EPZ (Eastern Plain Zone): Zonal Agricultural Research sub-Station in Barbagh and Ankushpur
- VZ (Vindhyan Zone): Zonal Agricultural Research Station, Tissuhi
The Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology also organizes various festival and events based on various themes such as:
- Kissan Mela
- Inter-Hostels Sports Festival
- Inter-University Sports Competitions and such
The university since its inception has achieved as also contributed a lot in the field of agriculture and technology.
- It has been successful in producing 101 crops of improved varieties and 84 out these have been released at the state as well as the central level
- The remaining crops are on the process of being released.
A number of scholarships are also being awarded by the university to meritorious students and also to those belonging to certain categories. These scholarships are:
- University Merit Scholarship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Scholarship
- National Talent Scholarship
- U. P. Mandi Parishad Scholarship
- Caste Scholarship