Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, [NDUAT] established in 1975 through an amendment in Uttar Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Adhiniyam, 1958. The Prime Minister of India Late Smt. Indira Gandhi laid the foundation of the University in the year 1974 near Ayodhya, Faizabad city of Uttar Pradesh. The University has signed MOU’s with Patanjali, Central Institute of Subtropical Horticulture (Lucknow), and Litchi Research Institute (Muzaffarpur).
Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, [NDUAT] falls under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), State Agriculture Universities. There are eight colleges and eighteen departments affiliated to the University, spread across Uttar Pradesh.
The University offers B.Sc., B.F Sc., B.V Sc. A.H., and B.Tech degree at the undergraduate level. A course such as M.Sc. and M.V.Sc. in various specializations offered at the postgraduate level. At the research level, Ph.D. offered in different subjects. Admissions to all the courses are based on the UPCATET state level entrance exam followed by counseling conducted by the university.
Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Faizabad Highlights
|Established | Type||1975 | State University|
|Approved By||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Entrance Exam||UPCATET (State Level Examination)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Sc., B.V.Sc. & AH.|
|Facilities||Hostels, Library, Exhibition/ Museum Hall, Auditorium, Wi-Fi, Laboratories, Computer Lab, Sports, and Recreational Activities|
NDUAT Faizabad Courses
Tabulated below is the detail of UG, PG, and Doctoral courses offered by Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, [NDUAT].
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Intermediate in Agricultural Science/PCB/PCM/PCMB as a subject along with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Board of Education
Subjects: Horticulture, Home Science/ Community Science and Agriculture
|B.Tech (Agril Engg)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed Intermediate examination in Agriculture Science/PCM/PCB/PCMB as a subject along with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Board of Education
Subjects: Agriculture & Technology
|B.F.Sc.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed Intermediate in PCB/PCM/PCMB as a subject along with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Board of Education
Subjects: Fisheries Science
|B.V.Sc. & AH.||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Passed Intermediate in PCB/PCMB with English as a subject along with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Board of Education
Subjects: Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidates must pass B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons.) in the concerned subject along with a certain percentage of marks under a 10+2+4 degree program from a recognized Institute. The Candidates willing to take admission in Agricultural Statistics must pass 10+2 with Mathematics
Subjects: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Community Science/ Home Science
|M.V.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree with OGPA 5.50 out of 10 from a recognized Institute. The Candidate must be registered with VCI, New Delhi or State Veterinary Council
Subjects: Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates must pass M.Sc. in the concerned subject with a certain percentage of marks from a recognized Institute
Subjects: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Home Science, Veterinary Science
Read More: NDUAT Courses & Fee
NDUAT Faizabad Admissions
The Candidates selected for various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees based on a valid score in UPCATET state level examination, followed by counselling conducted by the University.
How to Apply?
Aspirants willing to apply can follow the below-mentioned steps to appear for the entrance test.
- Download the prospectus from the official website.
- Register yourself by creating a login id and password.
- After registration, the Candidate must log in and fill the information like qualification details and upload the required documents.
- Submit the form along with the application fee of rupees 1250 for candidates belonging to General/ OBC and rupees 1050 for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category.
- After successfully submitting the application form, take a print copy for future correspondence.
Documents Required at Counselling:
- Marksheet & Passing Certificate of 10th class/ High School
- Marksheet & Passing Certificate of 10+2/ Intermediate
- Degree for Graduate students
- Caste Certificate ( if applicable)
- Migration Certificate/ Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Copy of Admit Card
- Print copy of application form
Read More: NDUAT Admission
NDUAT Faizabad Placements
The University has established a Directorate of Placement to coordinate with training, internships, campus interviews, and experiential learning programs organized by the affiliated colleges. The University has also signed MOU with the Medha Learning Foundation to train students. Well-known Academician, Scientists, Alumni have delivered lectures to motivate the students.
The graduates, as well as postgraduates in various courses, were given opportunities to serve in private and public sector organizations through campus interviews. This year, Zeneva Crops Science Pvt. Ltd. in Lucknow selected 47 students through campus interviews.
Read More: NDUAT Placement
NDUAT Faizabad Scholarships
The University offers scholarships and fee concessions to the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students. Following Scholarships are provided to students as per the rule of University.
- University Merit Scholarship for students enrolled in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research programs.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research sponsors the National Talent Scholarship for under-graduate programs.
- Samaj Kalyan Scholarships from Government of Uttar Pradesh for SC/ST, General, Other Backward Class, and Minority students.
- Uttar Pradesh Mandi Parishad Scholarships for meritorious students enrolled in various programs.
Read More: NDUAT Scholarships
NDUAT Faizabad Facilities
The University provides the following facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members.
- Laboratories: The University has laboratories designed to conduct practical work and meet the requirements of various departments. It also provides a Central Instrumentation Centre equipped with a computerized texture analyzer, automobile, and tractor model.
- Library: The Central Library of University has a good collection of books, periodicals, and theses. Each department of the college has a separate departmental library. The Central-Library located at the main campus provides access to project reports, seminar reports, developmental reports, magazines, and newspapers.
- Computer Centre: Students utilize a computer facility for learning and conducting practical work. There are four Computer Labs for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. students.
- Hostels: The University offers separate hostel facilities for both girls and boys enrolled in various courses. Hostels provide facilities such as a sick room, mess facility, store, common hall, visitor’s room, drinking water, indoor games, cleaning of hostel premises, and emergency facility at University level.
- Sports and Recreational Activities: The University provides all facilities to the students for sports and co-curricular activities.
- Auditorium: The University has four Auditoriums with sufficient intake capacity for organizing seminars and special lectures.
- Exhibition/ Museum Hall: The College affiliated to the University has a museum hall to display a different variety of fruits and medicinal plants through live projects or posters.
- Wi-Fi: The students, as well as teachers, can get access to fast surfing on the internet through Jio telecommunication. The Wi-Fi facility is available on the University campus, Library and Hostels.
- Multimedia Projectors: The students use a multimedia projector to deliver their assignments and seminar paper while the faculty members use it to deliver the lectures in the classroom.
NDUAT Faizabad Faculty
Each department has a head, a Dean, and other faculties are working as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. Professors are among the best faculties in their area of interest.
All the faculty members fulfill the qualifications laid down by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and University Grants Commission (UGC). The highly qualified faculty members use experiential learning methods to deliver the lectures.
Read More: NDUAT Faculty
NDUAT Faizabad FAQs
Ques. How are accommodation facilities for students studying in NDUAT?
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing a B.Tech in Agriculture from NDUAT?
Ques. What is the syllabus for the UPCATET examination conducted by the University?
Ques. Is there a cut-off score for the UPCATET state level examination conducted by University?