Sampurnanand Sanskrit University was established in the year 1791 by British Governor General Lord Cornwallis under the proposal of East India Company Resident Jonathan Duncan, as a Sanskrit College and changed into Sanskrit University in 1958 under the U.P State University Act, 1973. It is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC).
The campus is built over 67 acres of land.
It has administrative buildings, hostels, large sports-grounds and large gardens.
1, 00,000 Manuscripts for different Sanskrit texts
Microfilming and Photostat of Manuscripts
Playground 200 m radius
Gymnasium 18x29 indoor hall
Akahara 30x80 m covered in 7 m radius
5 boys hostels with capacity of 364 students
1 hostel for girls with capacity of 36 students
Workshops and Symposia
Health awareness and adult education.
First-Aids awareness and health check-up etc.
NSS wing launched cleanliness drive,
Voters awareness program,
AIDS awareness in the Campus.
Blood donation camps
Red Ribbon Club set up in the University to create awareness among students.
Why to join this University: