Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) has been upgraded to Central University by an Act of Parliament, i.e. the Central Universities Act 2009. The university offers various UG and PG courses in the fields of Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Engineering, etc. Admission to the college is both merit and entrance-based. Admission to M.Sc Biotechnology is based on JNU-CEEB, cut off for which is 109 for the general category.
Read More: HNBGU cut off
|Established | Type||1973 | Central|
|Recognized by||PCI, AICTE, NAAC, and UGC|
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam scores||JEE Main and JNU-CEEB|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, B.A, and M.Sc|
|Facilities||Hostel, Sports, Computer Centre, and Library|
|Official Website||http://hnbgu.ac.in/ | 01346-252143|
Also, Check HNGBU Result
HNBGU provides a variety of courses varying from Arts to Engineering to Laws. Courses offered in the University has been shown in a tabulated form below:
|B.Sc Forestry/ Horticulture||40-45% marks in 10+2.|
|BA, B.Sc, B.Ed., BP.Ed, B.Tech, and BHM||40-45% marks in 10+2.|
|B.Pharma||45% marks in 10+2 in Science Stream.|
|LLB, BA, and LLB||Minimum qualifications will be as per The Bar Council of India’s latest guidelines|
HNBGU Courses and their eligibility under PG Level are given below:
- The following eligibility criteria which are given below will be applicable to all the courses and applicants: The applicants belonging to SC and ST will be given 5% relaxation in admission: Schools of Agriculture and Allied Sciences; Sciences; Earth Sciences; and Life Sciences: 45% marks in the qualifying examination
- Schools of Arts, Communications and Languages; Commerce; Education and Humanities and Social Sciences: 40% marks in the qualifying examination
|M.Com||Candidate should have scored 40% in B.Com, B.A/ B.Sc with Maths/ Economics 50% marks|
|B.Ed, M.Ed, B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed.||Admission through entrance test and other eligibility criteria is as per NCTE.|
|LLM||Minimum qualifications will be as per The Bar Council of India’s latest guidelines.|
Note: The eligibility for M.A, M.Sc, M.Com and other PG classes and for the courses to which entrance examination/ counseling is conducted by the HNBGU.
The university takes in students from various different backgrounds as it provides a large range of courses. For admission to the college, there are certain eligibility criteria set which students must fulfill. Following is a brief about the whole admission process at the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University:
- Most of the Bachelor’s course admission is done on the basis of Merits obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Master’s course admission is done on the basis of the entrance exam, conducted by the University separately.
- In some courses, admission is done on the basis of counseling.
- Admission to engineering courses is done based on marks obtained in the JEE Mains exam.
Read More: HNBGU Admission
HNBGU provides many scholarships to its students to assist them financially. The scholarships are based on the income level and merits of the student. Following are the scholarships provided by the university:
- Shri Kalyaneshwar Temple Scholarship
- Smt. Shanti Devi Shaligram Bhatt Scholarship
- Shyam Charan Scholarship
- Aditya Ram Barthwal Scholarship
- Shail Suman Scholarship
- Shri Dev Raghavrag Trust Scholarship
- Kalpeshwari Devi Scholarship
- Smt. Leela Kala Research Scholarship
HNBGU has 3 campuses across the nation with all facilities that are required by the students in various domains it provides. Listed below are the facilities offered by the Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members :
- Central Library: Libraries in all three campuses are well versed in books and research papers. The library has different sections like Acquisition, Text-Book, Circulation, etc. They have a capacity to hold about 1.30 lakhs books approximately in all the three campuses.
- Computer Centre: University is getting financial aid from UGC for setting up Computer centers on all the three campuses. Students have 24/7 access to the computer facility on the computer.
- Hostels: University provides separate hostels for boys and girls. University has proper hostel facilities with 1-Seater, 2-Seater, 3- Seater and 4-Seater rooms provided to students. Besides Hostels University also has Guesthouse facilities for people coming for research or projects from other colleges.
- Sports: University has proper facilities for sports. It has the infrastructure for Football, Gym, Judo, Badminton, wrestling, etc.
- School of Agriculture and Allied Science
- School of Sciences
- School of Commerce
- School of Law
- School of Earth Science
- School of Education
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Arts, Communication, and Languages
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Management
HNBGU Overall Analysis
University is progressing at a very comfortable rate after its establishment as a central university. With help from the government, universities are able to approach many students and are providing a particular set of skills that is required by the future generation.
Ques. How are the placements at Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University?
Ans. There is no official outlet of the information or stats related to placements of the college yet. But according to its alumni or the students studying in it, the placement in the university is good with major hiring from MBA courses.
Read More: HNBGU Placement
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of the university?
Ans. The major recruiters for the college include HCL Technologies, TCS, Genpact, Accenture, IBM, Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Ques. What measures are taken for the safety of women on the campus of Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University?
Ans. The university has dedicated women safety cells which maintains regular checks on sexual harassment on the campus.
Ques. How is the faculty of Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University ?
Ans. The faculty of the university is well versed in all the required skills and education. The interaction between faculty and students is also good according to the students.
Read More: HNBGU Faculty
Ques. Is there any case of ragging in Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University ?
Ans. No. The university is very strict when it comes to these things and a proper cell has been dedicated to preventing any case of ragging on the campus.