National Institute of Technology (NIT) Uttarakhand is a government-funded public college of Engineering and Technology. It is one of the 31 NITs in INDIA. It is one of the most sought after colleges for Engineering candidates. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in the engineering department. The first batch commenced in 2010-2011. As of now, NIT Uttarakhand holds a strength of 937 students in total along with a highly qualified faculty of nearly 90 highly qualified members
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by the institute with IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, MNIT Jaipur, NIT Kurukshetra, VNIT Nagpur, NIT Tiruchirappalli for academic and research cooperation. Many expert lectures are organized in the Institute from time to time, professors from other NITs and IITs visit the campus for talks organized by the college.
NIT Uttarakhand Highlights
|Established | Type||2010 | Autonomous|
|Popular Courses||UG, PG|
|Campus Area||14,000 sq/m|
NIT Uttarakhand Courses
National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand provides various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in several specializations. The various branches are as follows:
|Program||Specialization||Eligibility||Tuition Fee (first year)|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Passed 10+2 with minimum 75% marks from a recognized board OR position in top 20 Percentile||INR 1,41,000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|M.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||
Passed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technology / AMIE / MCA in appropriate discipline or a Master's Degree in appropriate discipline with CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
|Ph.D||Computer Science & Engineering||
Passed Master’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 6.75/10 (First class) And Bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university
Click here: NIT Uttarakhand Courses
NIT Uttarakhand Admissions
B.TECH: NIT Uttarakhand Admissions in B.Tech is based on JEE-Mains score and marks obtained in 12th grade (60% & 40% weightage respectively) and is undertaken by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
M.TECH: NIT Uttarakhand Admissions in M.Tech is based on the GATE score and is undertaken by CCMT (Centralized counseling for M.Tech. / M. Arch. / M.Plan. / M. Des. Admissions).
Ph.D: NIT Uttarakhand Admissions in Ph.D. is based on a written test and followed by personal interview. Successful candidates are admitted provisionally in the program. Admission is confirmed only when pre-registration viva-voce is completed by the candidates successfully.
Click here: NIT Uttarakhand Admission
NIT Uttarakhand Faculty
NIT Uttarakhand has a team of specialized professors for each department.
- The professors are highly educated with years of research and teaching experience in their respective expertise areas.
- They guide their students with projects, researches, and thesis.
- The Faculty also engage in extra-curricular activities with the students.
- There are 51 assistant professors and 18 trainee teachers.
- For every 12 students, there is one teacher, which is very good by national standards. The administration department is also always approachable.
Click here: NIT Uttarakhand Faculty
NIT Uttarakhand Placement
National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand has a very dedicated placement cell which provides students with considerable professional training as well as placement opportunities all every academic session. In the year 2019, the institute saw a very successful placement season with 90 students getting placed across all courses. The highest CTC reached INR 10.5 LPA and the average CTC was INR 6.8 LPA. Some of the training and internship partners at NIT Uttarakhand include Samsung, Siemens, BSNL, SAIL, HCL, NTPC, L&T Infotech, Bharat Electronics and several others.
Click here: NIT Uttarakhand Placement
NIT Uttarakhand Facilities
NITUK has a beautiful building with lush green gardens sitting in beautiful valleys of Srinagar. The campus is stretched over 14000 sq. the meter of the area. The college campus has not missed out on any facilities for its students and faculty. It provides easy access to medical facilities, transportation facility & internet facilities. The college has the following provisions for students:
- a gymnasium where students look after their health
- an auditorium for meetings,
- an open-air theatre to celebrate various functions like annual day, fests and farewell parties and
- a conference hall where intellectual seminars and talks are held.
- ATM and canteen are also inside the campus.
- It has very well equipped and furnished laboratories with all the tools and machinery for academic training and practicals. College Library is the place where most students and professors spend their time. It has over 35,000 printed books on engineering, science and technology, humanities and some English and Hindi fictions as well as magazines, newspapers, CDs/DVDs. It has a 24x7 open reading room.
- There are hostels, 5 for boys and 3 for girls. The hostels are guarded 24*7.
- There are cameras all over the campus including hostel and mess.
- The whole campus is clean.
- Food in the mess is hygienic and delicious
- Ragging is strictly prohibited.
- The council of student activities organizes various activities and functions.
- The college organizes fresher’s party for the upcoming batch and competitions, quizzes, talent shows, the college annual day-CLIFFESTO and the farewell parties for the final year students. All the festivals are celebrated at the campus. Tours are planned by the seniors. Students love the time spent at NITUK campus.
Click here: NIT Uttarakhand Hostel
NIT Uttarakhand FAQs
Ques. Is NIT Uttarakhand a good college?
Ans. National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand is one of the preferred colleges for Engineering candidates in the country. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programs. Students at NIT Uttarakhand are offered many provisions and facilities in academic, extracurricular and other aspects. The faculty at NIT Uttarakhand consists of highly qualified teaching staff, a majority of which are Ph.D. holders in their respective disciplines. The institute offers accommodation and all necessary recreational facilities to residents as well. Placements are also quite good at NIT Uttarakhand with 90 students from undergraduate courses getting placed across various companies and bringing in an average CTC of INR 6.8 LPA. The highest offered CTC was INR 10.5 LPA.
Ques. How good is CSE at NIT Uttarakhand?
Ans. National Institute of Technology offers Computer Science and Engineering as one of its most popular specializations at the undergraduate level, and a sought after option for eligible candidates. The faculty at NIT Uttarakhand is highly qualified and encourages students to ask questions and clarify doubts whenever they can, even outside of classrooms and lectures. The students are provided with state of the art infrastructure such as fully-equipped classrooms and advanced laboratories.
Ques. How can candidates apply for admission to B.Tech at NIT Uttarakhand?
Ans. Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech at NIT Uttarakhand can follow a few simple steps. Visit the official website of JEE Main and register for Online Application Form by entering the Email ID and Mobile Number. Note down the system generated Application Number displayed on the screen. Create a password and choose a Security Question and its answer as well. Once the password is created and the application number is recorded, the candidate can log in again and start filling the application form. Enter the personal, academic details as inquired and upload the scanned images of photographs and signature. Pay the application fee through Debit /Credit Card /Net Banking /UPI /PAYTM. Only after successful confirmation of payment, the application will be considered informed and Candidate can take a print of the Confirmation Page. Retain this hard copy print of the application form for future reference.