Bilaspur University Quick Updates
- May 13:LLB Part-1, Part2 Sem-1 Results are out now. Check Here
- April 30:Pre Ph.D Course Results are out now.Check Here
- April 21: B.Com LLB 1st Sem Results are out now: Check Here
Bilaspur University (BU) is a public state university located in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, consist of 178 Affiliated Colleges and 5 departments. The university offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate, Diploma, PG Diploma, and Research programs in different streams of science, arts, commerce, law, humanities, and education. Admission to courses offered by Bilaspur University is done on the basis of performance in the entrance test and marks obtained in the qualifying examinations, Personal Interviews, and Group Discussion.
Departments of Bilaspur University
- Commerce & Financial Studies
- Food Processing & Technology
- Computer Science & Application
- Hotel Management & Hospitality
- Microbiology and Bio-informatics
Bilaspur University Highlights
|Entrance Exam||University level: DET|
National level:CSIR/UGC - NET, GATE or SLET
|Type of Program | No. of Program||UG, PG, PG Diploma, & Ph.D. | 20+|
|Mode of Applying||Offline|
Bilaspur University Courses and Eligibility
The university provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, research, and diploma courses in various streams. The details of the courses and their eligibility are given below:
|Course Name||Seat Intake||Eligibility|
|B.Com + M.Com (5-Year Integrated Course)||60||Intermediate(10+2) with at least 45%|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. in Computer Science (5-Year Integrated Course)||40||Intermediate(10+2) having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with at least 45%|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. in Food Processing and Technology (5-Year Integrated Course)||30||Intermediate(10+2) having Chemistry with at least 45%|
|BHM (Bachelor in Hotel Management)||30||Intermediate(10+2) with at least 45%|
|M.Com Financial Studies||(No. of students being promoted from B.Com)||B.Com Graduate with at least 45%|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||(No. of students being promoted from B.Sc.)||B.Sc. CS or BCA graduate with at least 45%|
|M.Sc. Food Processing and Technology||30||B.Sc Graduate in Food Technology with at least 45%|
|M.Sc.Microbiology||30||B.Sc Graduate in Biology/ Microbiology/ Biotech with at least 45%|
|Ph.D. in all the specializations mentioned above||Master degree in relevant course with at least 50%|
- Integrated program pursuits get ‘Exit Option’ after 3 Years of UG Program.
- 5% relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates from minimum eligibility marks
Check Bilaspur University Courses and Fees
Bilaspur University Admissions
Candidates seeking admission can follow the subsequent steps to apply:
- Download the application form from the notification section of the official website (www.bilaspuruniversity.ac.in)
- Fill-in with correct details, Affix your passport size photo and signature in given sizes
- Make a payment for the application fee as per your category.
- Submit or send the duly form on the following address
(Dr. D. Kaladhar (Co-Ordinator),
UTD Admission Cell.
Bilaspur Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur
Old High Court Building, Distt - Bilaspur - 495001
- Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs at Bilaspur University is based on a Merit list with Marks of Entrance Test (60%) and Marks of Qualifying (40%) Examination.
- Admission to Ph.D. programs will be done on the basis of the DET (Doctoral Entrance Test), conducted by Bilaspur University followed by a personal interview. Candidates having cleared CSIR/UG - NET, SLET or GATE can exempt the Bilaspur entrance test.
GATE 2020 Online Registration ends on September 28, 2019 (Extended)
. Visit the official http://gate.iitd.ac.in/ Read more
Check Bilaspur University Admissions
Bilaspur University Facilities
The development of the new campus of University at Koni is under process.
- University is the largest university in Chhattisgarh in terms of a number of the college. Whole University campus is Wi-Fi and 24×7 availability of internet.
- All Faculty members are well qualified and experienced.
- The facility of Games and NSS (National Service Scheme) are available. All the available courses are Job oriented and based on the CBCS system.
- MoU with TATA Institute of Social Science (TISS) to offer Skill development program and MoU with IIT Mumbai to offer spoken tutorial programs for the students, Facilities of Computer Centre with high-speed internet connectivity through NKN.
- Library (Departmental/ Central) with a sufficient number of books. Availability of research journal of reputed Journal databases through DELNET.
- Merit scholarship each semester to the students.
- Participation in social development programs like NSS.
- Conducting national seminars, workshops, Expert talk and conferences on a regular basis for up-gradation in the subject.
- Research promotion grant/ Seminar grant to the teachers.
- All the courses are under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).