IIT Jammu is one of the recently started institute of IITs. IIT, Jammu is a public university established in the year 2016 when a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Department of Higher Education, Government of Jammu & Kashmir and Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. IIT, Jammu is a lush green campus of about 400 acres land. The institute is equipped with all the facilities needed by the students. IIT, Jammu is mentored by IIT Delhi. The institute offers 4-year full-time undergraduate programme and recently started to offer Ph.D. degree courses.
IIT Jammu Highlights
Manoj Singh Gaur
Type of University
Cafeteria, open gym, laundry centers, banks, hostels, mess, common rooms, digital classes
IIT Jammu Courses, and Eligibility Criteria
IIT Jammu Undergraduate programme
- IIT Jammu offers 4-year, full-time B.Tech course as the undergraduate programme.
- In the initial year 2016, the institute offered B.Tech in three specializations: computer science engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
- In the year 2017, the institute added one more specialization: civil engineering and then in the year 2018, chemical engineering was added.
- Thus initially B.Tech in five specializations are available at IIT, Jammu.
- The seeking admission in B.tech programme must have passed 10+2 with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
IIT Jammu Doctorate programme
- IIT, Jammu offers full-time Ph.D. programme in Chemistry, Civil Engg., Computer Science & Engg., Electrical Engg., Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Interdisciplinary research areas.
- The students seeking admission in the Ph.D. programme must have completed undergraduate and postgraduate programme form a recognized university.
Know more about IIT, Jammu Courses & Fees
IIT Jammu Admissions
- Admission to IIT Jammu is given to the candidates who have qualified the Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced).
- There is a minimum JEE-Advanced cut-off which students have to satisfy.
- After the merit score and counseling session, the students selected for the undergraduate programme.
- For Ph.D. programme, students can fill their application online after which shortlisted candidates are called for written test/interview.
Know more about IIT, Jammu Admissions
Why IIT Jammu?
- IIT, Jammu is a dream destination for the students.
- It’s a safe and secured campus for students.
- The college is equipped with all the latest technology needed for education.
- The institute offers clear understanding and practical knowledge.
- The faculty at IIT Jammu is focussed on the overall development of students.