VIT University is situated in Amravathi, Andhra Pradesh and was established in 2017. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) from the last 34 years has emerged as a benchmark for its continuous journey towards excellence amongst other higher institutions. VIT-AP is one of the result of a dynamic blend of academic initiative and industry partnership with a vision of creating one of the finest academic destinations in the world. Its values of equality, transparency and healthy collaboration have been ably guided under the leadership of its founder Dr. G. Viswanathan, renowned for his principled life devoted to public service.
VIT Amaravathi offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programs.
Check VIT Amaravathi Admissions
Amravathi, Andhra Pradesh
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Type of University
8 Boys hostel
4 Girls hostel
How to Reach
Aerial Dist. 849 Km (Delhi to Amaravathi)
Road Dist. 1,249 Km (Delhi to Amaravathi)
VIT Amravathi Courses
VIT University offers UG courses in two discipline such as BBA and B.Tech in seven streams.
- For B.Tech, Candidate must have passed 12th with an aggregate of at least 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects. Also, VITEEE (University Entrance Exam) is also compulsory.
- For BBA, Candidate must have completed 12th with at least 60% marks in 10th and 12th. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo Management Task and Personal Interview (MTPI) round for the final selection.
Post Graduate Courses
VIT- AP offers Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech program in one specialization which is Software Engineering at the PG level.
Candidate must have passed 12th class/ PU or equivalent with at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject. Admission will be granted based on merit in the qualifying examination followed by Counselling.
VIT Amravathi Ph.D Program
VIT-AP, Amaravathi offers Ph.D. and M.Phil program in seven disciplines at the Research level.
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Business Administration with a first class or a minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5 on a 10 – point scale) or equivalent like M.Sc (Engineering) / M.S. by Research.
- Ph.D. in Sciences / Humanities / Languages: Master’s degree with a minimum 60% in Sciences / Humanities / Social Sciences Master’s degree with a minimum 55% in Languages.
- Candidate has to attempt VITREE (VIT Research Entrance Exam) for Ph.D and M.Phil and Candidates for Integrated Ph.D. and M.Tech. by Research programmes should take VITMEE (VIT Masters’ Entrance Examination) in the field of specialization.
- Final admission will based on the performance in the written test, research output and / the performance in personal interview.
Know more about VIT Amaravati Fee Structure
VIT Amravathi Scholarships
Scholarships are given to meritorious students in different courses under various criterias,
Read more: VIT Amravathi Scholarships
- Sports – VIT provides sports facilities to nurture students talent in outdoor sports like cricket, basketball and volleyball as well as for indoor games like Table-tennis and Chess.
- Laboratory – The labs have the latest types of equipment to enable the students to learn what is used in the Industry.
- Hostel – Each hostel room is filled with Necessary Items required on an everyday basis. Both AC and NON-AC rooms are available.
- Wi-Fi – VIT provides free wifi facility with high-speed internet access in both the academic areas and hostel areas.
- Classrooms – The Institute provides modern classrooms with wifi-LCD Projectors, audio-video systems and comfortable individual chairs.
- Transportation – Buses are provided to take the students from the hostel to the campus. The buses are wifi-enabled, safe and secure.
- Auditorium – The auditorium is installed with latest infrastructure and gadgets. It is also air-conditioned from every corner. The room can hold more than 150 people at a time.
- Library – The Central library is centrally air-conditioned, well-protected with fire alarm, flap barrier and CCTV surveillance. It has specialized collections of books, journals and other resources in Sciences, engineering and technology, biotechnology, humanities, social sciences and management. The books are also available in printed format, e-book format, back-volumes and CDs/DVDs.
Know More About Hostel Fee Details