The University of Alabama is a public research university located in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. Established in 1969, it has among the largest academic medical centers in the country under UAB Health System.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The university offers more than 140 undergraduate and graduate programs through 12 schools and colleges
- The most popular majors are - Health Professions; Business, Management, Marketing; Education; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; and Engineering.
- The university has a 275 acres campus and 6 residence halls provides on-campus housing to 23% of the student population.
University of Alabama at Birmingham Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/IELA/Duolingo|
|Application Fee||UG programs – USD 30; Graduate – USD 60|
|Intake Season||Fall – June 1; Spring – November 1; Summer – March 15|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for both UG programs and graduate programs submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||24,015|
|Room and Board||11,682|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
- Over 60% of students are provided with financial aid yearly.
- The average annual need-based scholarships awarded is of USD 10,444.
The university provides its more than 73,000 alumni benefits like access to university resources and other services.