Bowling Green State University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Bowling Green University is a public institution established in 1910. The University comprises two campuses located each in Bowling Green and Huron, respectively. The institute is a reputed name in the US Education System that offers nearly 250 programs at bachelor's, masters and doctoral levels.
The institute also provides diverse certification courses to its aspirants from across the globe. It has a total student enrollment of 17,540 which includes 55% of female students reflecting equal opportunities for all. Admissions at Bowling Green State University are offered during 2 seasonal intakes of Fall and Spring and follow different application deadlines for undergraduate and graduate courses.
While offering admissions, the university requires that its students deposit a nonrefundable application fee of 75 USD. The university has a lightly selective admission policy with an acceptance rate of around 72% which makes it one of the approachable institutes for international students seeking to study in the USA.
- The Industrial & Organizational Psychology program at the institute has been ranked #2 in the Best Grad Schools Rankings by the US News & World Report.
- It has been ranked the most affordable top-quality college (#1) in Ohio by Business Insider.
|Endowment||138 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||72%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||42%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as Scholarships and Awards|
|Admission Helpdesk||419 372-2478|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Spread across a vast area of 1,338 acres, the main campus of the university is located on the northeast side of Bowling Green and includes over 116 buildings plus various residential buildings.
- The university is equipped with modern facilities like Starbucks, the Falcon’s Nest Food Court, and the Black Swamp Pub. It also contains a convenience store, the Falcon Outfitters Store, a movie theatre, dancing halls and student lounges.
- Bowling Green University has over 300 student clubs and organizations catering to the interests of students ranging from sports to music to social services.
- Outside class hours students can participate in movie nights, make and take craft activities and free food events.
- 88% of students attending the minute are in-state residents, 11% are out of state US citizens and 2% are international students.
- 55% of the undergraduate students are female while 45% are male students.
- In Spite of being located in a small town, students enjoy a thriving social life and can attend pubs, karaoke nights, comedy events etc.
- The university offers 10 residential communities that accommodate over 6000 students.
- Students can choose from single rooms, double rooms, and economy triple occupancy rooms.
- The Accessibility Services at the institute offers assistance to students with disabilities in finding suitable accommodations.
- The university also offers certain all-gender housing options to students regardless of their gender expression.
- The residence halls are equipped with these basic facilities: an adjustable bed, a wardrobe/ dresser, cable service, WiFi connectivity, laundry rooms, community kitchen, community lounge, computer lab, study space etc.
- The institute offers an array of courses for international students which comprises 187 bachelor’s degrees, 55 master’s degrees and 17 doctoral degrees at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The most popular courses pursued by international students at the institute are statistics, music, management sciences & quantitative methods.
- The university offers a special 1-year pathway program to select students who are unable to get admission directly into regular degree programs.
- Bowling Green University offers 4 types of MBA programs. Full-time MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA and Online MBA. MS degrees are offered in disciplines like Analytics, Applied Statistics etc
Bowling Green State University Application Process
How to Apply?
Application Fee: 75 USD (for both undergraduate & graduate applicants)
Basic Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency scores like TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent
- Standardized test scores like SAT/ACT or GMAT/GRE, as required (Average SAT Scores: 1108 (Math: 550; Writing: 558))
- Average GPA of entering students: 3.4
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Financial statement
- Copy of passport
Application Deadlines for International Students
- Undergraduate Level: Fall Session- July 15, Spring Session- November 1;
- Graduate Level: Fall Session: July 15, Spring Session: November 15.
Bowling Green State University Cost of Attendance
An average annual Cost of Attendance for various levels is: 25,438 USD (undergraduate level); 26,428 (graduate level). The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Type of Expense||Cost for undergraduate students (USD)||Cost for Graduate Students (USD)|
|Books and Supplies||728||630|
- The institute offers various kinds of financial support like awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA.
- International freshman students are eligible for the BG Success Scholarship (4,000 USD/ academic year), Freshman Academic Scholarships (1,000- 8,000 USD/ academic year) and various other merit-based scholarships.
- Students are not required to submit separate applications to be considered for the scholarship. They are deemed eligible as long as they submit their admission applications within the established deadline.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and results of standardized test scores. The scholarships may be renewed up to 4 years as long as the student maintains a minimum GPA score.
- Students can also opt for part-time on-campus jobs (working hours limit: 20hrs/ week) to cover a portion of their financial expenses.
- The Alumni Network at the Bowling Green University offers a number of benefits to its members such as travel discounts, license plates, insurance schemes and other special discounts.
- Some of the notable alumni include: Kevin Bieksa (Professional Sportsman), Daniel Ayalon (Israeli Ambassador), Tim Conway (Actor)
The university has a career center which trains students in finding employment and provides online notification of job vacancies. Bowling Green State University has a graduate employment record of 93%.
Students graduating from the institute usually earn a salary of around 31,500 USD.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://choose.bgsu.edu/apply/online/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #801 - #1000
Ranked #401 - #500
Ranked #401 - #500
International Business (International)
View More >>
Center for World University Rankings
My cousin was studying at BGSU when I got to know about the public university good for the public. I was very impressed with the way they empower and supported him in achieving excellence and leaving his impact through engagement. I submitted the online application form with a fee of $75.
Course Curriculum :
I saw a total change in myself with the analyzing and evaluating models and techniques with a hands-on curriculum. The curriculum was improvised and updated with the dynamic challenges and risks.
I wanted to pursue a graduate program but the question was with whom. I called a consultancy who made me apply at the BGSU with an application fee of $75 through the online application. The consultancy told me stories of the alumnus and the impact on student success.
Course Curriculum :
The university is providing a program which is covering the knowledge beyond classrooms. The curriculum is designed so that each one of us learns analytical, technical, and soft skills with an integrated experience.
I wanted to pursue my master's in economics, and the financial economics course of this university stands sixth in the nation as ranked by the TAFE times. The starting salaries, the bonus is appreciably higher, compared to many others. Hence, it is a good return on investment.
Course Curriculum :
It is a very balanced course, designed to prepare us either for a career in the financial industry or for further graduate study in economics or finance.
BGSU is local to my home town and also offers a great program for my selected major. The university is also more affordable than other local schools. I took credits through BGSU during high school so my credits transferred.
Course Curriculum :
So far I enjoy the course curriculum. During high school, I was able to complete the prerequisite classes, which meant that when going on campus full time my classes were more intense than most students my age.
The program and the way it made me feel. My program also has a collaboration with the FIT which is a fashion school in NYC and is the main reason why I chose to attend Bowling Green State University. I attended FIT all of my junior years and enjoyed every second of it, I also learned so much more while in NYC then I may have been able to here at Bowling Green mainly because the school in NYC is known to be a fashion school and that's what they specialize in.
Course Curriculum :
It's challenging at times but it will all be so worth it in the end. I find the Curriculum to be very interesting and very rewarding. I enjoy the classes I'm taking especially since they are now all related to my major.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary