Campbell University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Campbell University, founded in the 1887 year, is located in the beautiful North Carolina. This private institute runs various courses at the bachelor’s, graduate, and doctorate levels. Campbell University is one of the top-rated universities in North Carolina welcoming students from all over the world. The university also helps to develop leadership and interpersonal skills among the students through student-led organizations and activities.
Campbell University ranks among the most distinguished private institutions in the USA. The university has been ranked as follows:
According to the US News, the University ranks as follows for the 2020 year:
- National Universities: #272
- Social Mobility: #186
THE has ranked the university at #401-500th spot in the 2020 year.
The above-given graph clearly shows the choice of programs among international students. The maximum number of students opted for a Pharmaceutical program followed by Health Education and Business.
|Year of Establishment||1887|
|Location||Buies Creek, North Carolina|
|Type of university||Private|
|Accreditations||Southern Associations of Colleges and Schools Commissions|
|Campuses||Buies Creek(main campus), Camp Lejeune Campus, Fort Bragg & Pope Campus, Raleigh Campus.|
|Student/ Faculty Ratio||16:1|
Campbell University Programs
Campbell University offers various programs at different levels, such as, Undergraduate, Graduate, associate, and online degrees.
College of Arts and Science, Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine, divinity school, Lundy-Fetterman School of Business, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, and School of Education are some of the schools of the university. All of them are unique in their respective areas of expertise.
A few special programs are also offered by the university such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing, and Sport and Fitness Management. These courses enable students to gain global competence and hone their skills.
Campbell University Campus
CU is located in the city of North Carolina that is spread over an area of 850 acres. Intramural Sports, outdoor adventure, club sports, and fitness programs are some of the activities to enjoy the student life. The campus offers a rich and diverse place for both students and faculty as well.
Campbell University offers a chance to live in an environment that fosters social, cultural, intellectual, multicultural, recreational skills, and leadership qualities.
Campbell University Housing
Residence halls and on-campus apartment complexes provide students a warm, vibrant place to call home during their academic journey. They get an opportunity to be a part of a supportive community and form lifelong friendships with their peers. At the university accommodation, the students get a complimentary internet, free laundry facilities, and convenient parking. The following are some of the options for the accommodation.
- Accommodation for first-year students: Campbell University offers on-campus accommodation to first-year students. All the rooms are enabled with air conditioners, community kitchen, laundry facilities, etc. Burkot Hall, Hedgpeth Hall, Jones Hall, Luby Wood Hall, McCall Hall, Murray Hall, and Pat Barker Hall are some of the on-campus accommodation options for the first-year students.
- Bob Baker Hall Apartments/ Suites: It houses a total of 300 upperclassmen residents. And it offers four-bedroom apartments and suites. Each apartment and suite contains bedrooms, a dresser, closet space, and a desk along with two bathrooms. They are also equipped with a kitchen with a dining table and chairs.
- Stadium Apartments: The stadium apartments houses 136 of upperclassmen residents. It offers furnished two, three, and four-bedroom apartments that contain a dresser, closet space, and a desk along with bathrooms. A fully equipped kitchen with a living room is also there in the stadium apartment.
Alternatively, you may look for off-campus housing options for studying in the USA.
Campbell University Application Process
The application process of the university is quite simple and student-friendly. Once the student fills the form available on the university’s website he/she is eligible for admission. Although it is recommended to prepare the documents well in time to prevent the last time hassle.
- Admission at Campbell University is offered on a rolling basis. February 8 is the deadline for submitting the form.
- After submitting the online application form, the candidates are contacted to confirm a group interview time.
- The selected applicants will be notified about their selection by March 1.
- Students seeking admission in the School of Education Graduate programs run open enrollment. Thus students are allowed to apply any time for the school. as the university.
- Both official and unofficial translated transcripts are to be submitted to the university.
- For the students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit their TOEFL/ Cambridge/ IELTS exam scores
- SAT or ACT scores are also required from some courses.
- GMAT exam scores are required for the students seeking admission in the Graduate programs.
- Proof of Financial support for one year of education in the USA is also required by the university.
Campbell University Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of living in the USA for an international student depends upon various elements. The table given below shows the total cost of attendance for a student living in university accommodation.
Below is the estimated fee for the 2019-2020 year.
|Room rate||5700 - 7500|
|Resident student meal plan||6140|
|Student Illness insurance fee||1558|
|Student teaching fee||1000|
*Charges may vary from year to year
Campbell University Scholarships
There is an end number of scholarships to study in the USA. A student is required to apply for them well in time. The Campbell University in the USA offers a few scholarships that can be availed by any student irrespective of their nationality. Below is the elaborated information about the same.
- Endowed Scholarships: The scholarship is offered to the students enrolled in full-time programs with a minimum score of 2.3 GPA. It will be awarded to the students with a financial need, church membership, and to the students with good academic performance. The amount of the scholarship varies from student to student.\
- Sponsored Scholarship: The sponsored scholarships are offered to the students who meet specific criteria.
- Institutional Scholarships: Students with an outstanding academic record are awarded with this scholarship. This scholarship is based on high school GPA and SAT or ACT scores.
Campbell University Notable Alumni
Various famous personalities have been a part of Campbell University. A few prominent alumni are:
- Paul Green - American Playwright
- Bob Etheridge - Former US representative
- Brad Fritsch - Canadian professional Golfer
- Michelle Kohl - Malaysian professional Golfer
Some of the benefits offered by Campbell University to its alumni include Custom License Plate, State Magazine Discount, Hotel rewards, Fast park Airport parking discount, and Nationwide Insurance.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.campbell.edu/admissions/undergraduate/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Out of the four universities I applied for, I choose Campbell University because it was offering a Master of Divinity with an MBA. After completing a bachelor's in Divinity and working for more than two years I wanted to go for a Masters in Divinity and one of my mentors suggested me to apply for this university. It is one of the best private universities in North Carolina. The admission process was simple and easy to follow, I was required to pay $50 for the online application.
Course Curriculum :
The dual degree program is of 127 academic credit hours wherein MDiv is of 90 hours and MBA is of 37 hours. In total, the program is for four years and during this time we get to learn about different aspects of finance and economy. The curriculum is designed to incorporate theological education with the basics of business administration.
I always wanted to study and settle abroad. For me studying outside is a matter of great pride. In the USA, I choose my course and applied online to three to four universities. Soon I received a call letter from two of them. Campbell University was the better option between those universities as it was cost-efficient.
Course Curriculum :
An up to date course is provided to us. Information Management is also included in the topics of E-Commerce and Software Engineering.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary