Campbell University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
In the fall session of the Campbell University admissions for undergraduate programs in 2018, 6240 people applied, 76% of the applicants got admitted. The institute is among the top rated universities in North Carolina and the only university among the 4 private institutions in North Carolina to be accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Seeking admission here is possible if the candidates meet specific requirements.
Campbell University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in over 20 and 6 disciplines respectively. Some of the most popular courses are Business Management and Marketing, Health Professionals and related programs, Science Technologies, Computer and Information Sciences and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
Some points to be noted before applying to the Campbell University are as follows:
- The University has a rolling admission policy.
- Admissions are accepted in Fall, Spring and Summer sessions.
- International applicants have to send official translated transcripts of academic records, national exams and diplomas from all secondary and/or professional schools attended.
- Submission of standardized exams required to study in the U.S. such as TOEFL/ IELTS/SAT/ ACT/ GMAT/ GRE are required.
- SAT and ACT codes for the University are 5100 and 3076 respectively. Scores must be sent from the testing agency to the College Board directly.
- The University offers financial aid to students in the form of grants, scholarships, student loans and work study programs.
- Due to the Covid-19 crisis, classes will continue via remote and online mode through the summer.
- For graduate courses of MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Master of Trust and Wealth Management, the applicants with two years of full time work experience have been waived from taking the GMAT or GRE in light of the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
|Application Portal||Online Portal|
|Application Fee||48-50 USD (Graduate programs)|
|Average SAT score||880|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Total No. of students||6800|
|Intake Season||Fall/ Spring/ Summer|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Financial Aid||Grants, scholarships, student loans/ work study|
|Work Experience||Recommended for graduate programs|
There is no deadline for applications. The University accepts applications on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted till the start of the semester for which the student wants to apply. However the admission office does not recommend waiting that long. The following are the dates for the commencement of undergraduate and graduate programs. Students are recommended to complete their applications well ahead of these dates:
|Summer I||May 18|
|Summer II||June 22|
* Registration dates for graduate programs vary as per the discipline. Applicants must refer to the academic calendar of the desired school for the commencement dates of specific courses from the University’s website.
International Student Admissions
International applications are accepted by Campbell University provided the applicant has fulfilled the following criteria:
Application Portal: International applicants can apply by completing the online admission application.
Application Fee: Free
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Submit original transcripts with academic records
- SAT/ACT, GRE/GMAT, TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Separate departments have some specific requirements like interviews.
- A duly filled application form.
- Transcripts evaluated and translated by an authorized agency.
- Statement of financial support for one year.
Optional Requirements: Letter of intent, letter of recommendation, essays, resume are other supporting documents that may be required.
English Proficiency Test Scores
International applicants who seek admission to Campbell University must provide proof of English language proficiency if their native language is not English. Proficiency can be demonstrated by meeting minimum requirements of any of the following tests:
Visa Process for International Students
Students can apply for a visa to study in the U.S. Once you are accepted in a Student and Exchange Visitor program to approved school; you will be issued I- 20 Form. After submission you can schedule an interview with the U.S. embassy.
The students are required to submit the following documents at the university’s office:
- Current and valid passport
- Existing visa for transfer applicants
- Stamped I-20
- Most recent I-94
- Driver’s License (if applicable)
- Social Security Card (if applicable)
Campbell University Undergraduate Admissions
The University offers a variety of undergraduate courses in over a 100 fields. Business management, Computer Sciences, Journalism are some of the popular courses. Basic requirements are the same for the applicants:
Where to Apply: Online portal
Application Fee: No fee
- High school transcripts translated in English, academic records, national examination results, and diplomas from all secondary and/or professional schools attended.
- SAT/ACT scores
- AB/ IP test scores
- English proficiency test scores
- Some other specific requirements like essays, letter of recommendation, extracurricular activities record may be asked for.
- Statement of financial support
- Home country and current mailing address.
Campbell University Graduate Admissions
The University offers graduate courses under 6 departments each having specific requirements. These are Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Divinity, Osteopathic Medicine, Business, Law and Education for aspirants seeking to study in the USA by enrolling at the institute. Details of some of the popular courses among international students are:
|Courses||MBA||MS in BiomedicalScience||MS in Clinical Research||Master of Accounting||Master of Trust and Wealth Management|
|Application processing fee||48 USD||50 USD||50 USD||48 USD||48 USD|
|Application Deadlines||Summer II 2020: June 22||Fall 2020 Admission:July 1, 2020||Fall 2020: July 1||Summer II 2020: June 22||Rolling Admission|
|Transcripts||Required, average 2.8 GPA in all undergraduate work.||Required, minimum GPA of 3.0||Required, GPA of 3.0 or higher||Required, Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all undergraduate work.||Required, Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all undergraduate work.|
|Letter of recommendation||Required, 3 letters||Required, 2 letters||Required, 2 letters||Required, 3 letters||Required, 3 letters|
|GMAT/ GRE score||Required, Minimum score of 450 in GMAT/ min score of 298 on GRE||Required, SAT,GRE, ACT,MACATand/or DAT score recommended||Required, GRE, GPA of 2.5 orhigher (GPA 3.0candidatesare conditionally accepted)||Required, Minimum score of 450 on GMAT, or 298 on GRE, or 150 on LSAT.||Required, Minimum score of 450 in GMAT/ min score of 298 on GRE|
|Personal Statement||Required||Not required||Not required||Required||Required|
|Work Experience||Required, at least 2 years for waiver of GRE/ GMAT scores||Not required||Not required||Required, at least 2 years for waiver of GRE/ GMAT scores||Required, at least 2 years for waiver of GRE/ GMAT scores|
|English proficiency test score||Required, minimum TOEFL(IBT) score of 61/TOEFL (PBT) score of 550/ IELTS score of 5.5 or higher||Required||Required, minimum TOEFL (IBT) score 0f 100/IELTS score of 7.0 or higher.||Required, minimum TOEFL (IBT) score 0f 61/TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, IELTS score of 5.5 or higher.||Required, minimum TOEFL(IBT) score of 61/TOEFL (PBT) score of 550/ IELTS score of 5.5 or higher|
|Interview||Not required||Required||Not required||Depends on the decision of admissioncommittee||Not required|
The respective departments take varying time to process the application and hold the right to reject any application. The School of Business usually takes 10 days after receiving all the admission material to review applications. For undergraduate courses it can take one month for the SAT/ACT scores to reach the College Board. Selected students will have to submit proof of immunization and background check for some programs. The standard procedure for communicating acceptance of application is through an email sent with an admission letter from the Assistant Director. After a week of receiving the admission letter students will also be sent a packet of information and hard copy of the letter via mail.
Students must note that only meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee a place. Other factors such as personal statement, letter of recommendation, work experience also contribute to the final admission decision.
Ques. What are my chances of getting a place in Campbell University?
Ans. The acceptance rate of Campbell University being 76%, it is quite easy to get an admission in the university provided you meet the specific requirement.
Ques. What is the deadline to apply to Campbell University?
Ans. Campbell University has a rolling admission policy. There is no set admission deadline for accepting applications. Students can submit applications until the start date of the semester for which you are applying.
Ques. Is there an application fee for admission to Campbell University?
Ans. The Campbell University does not charge any application fee. However, students need to pay an application processing fee of 48-50 USD depending on the program for which you are applying.
Ques. Will Campbell University accept transcripts sent via fax?
Ans. Yes, Campbell University accepts transcripts via fax but only if they are sent directly from the school.
Ques. When will I get a decision on my application submitted to Campbell University?
Ans. If you are an undergraduate applicant at Campbell University, your admission decision will be taken after the SAT/ ACT scores are received by the College Board that takes around one month. Graduate application decisions are taken within 10 business days.