Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) is a public research university in Carbondale, Illinois, US. It was established in 1869, and is also known to be the largest campus in the state.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- SIUC offers 100 undergraduate, 73 masters and 36 doctoral degree programs under 11 schools. Some of the popular majors are – Management, Marketing, Performing Arts, Engineering, etc.
- On a campus of 1,136 acres of SIUC offers housing to its students. The residential halls and apartments can accommodate both undergraduate and graduate students.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale Admission Process
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/ITEP|
|Application fee||UG- USD 40; Graduate – USD 65|
|Additional Requirements||Financial Statement|
|Intake Season||Spring – December 1; Fall – May 1|
How to Apply – Log on to the official website, to apply for admission to SIUC for:
- Undergraduate Programs: Apply through Undergraduate Application Form.
- Graduate Programs: Apply through Graduate School Application Form.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fee||28,111 USD|
|Room and Board||10,662 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,100 USD|
- The students must score as high as 26 or above in ACT/SAT, to be eligible for obtaining financial aid.
- Working on campus for 15 hours per week throughout fall, spring and summer sessions the students may earn a little more than 4,000 USD.
- Also the Legacy Tuition Rate can be availed by those students whose parent/s have studied at SIUC, there is 80% tuition fee waiver in this case.