Eastern Illinois University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Admissions at the Eastern Illinois University are accepted during summer, spring and fall sessions. Students aiming for UG can apply through an electronic application. For undergraduate admission at the Eastern Illinois University, ACT/SAT is recommended but writing an essay part is not required. Last year 6,965 students applied for undergraduate and 3,588 were admitted. Due to an acceptance rate of 51%, this university is moderately competitive. According to the US News and Report 2015, this university has been ranked number one highest regional public universities.
- There is no early action or early decision available for this University.
- Fee waiver for application form is available for all students.
- Candidates can also write an optional essay to increase their chances of admission.
- Eastern Illinois also offers online and part-time courses.
|Application Portal||UG and PG: myEUI Portal|
|Application Fee||UG and PG: 30 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/MasterCard Credit Card|
|Eastern Illinois University SAT Requirements||1080 or above.|
|Eastern Illinois University ACT Requirements||21 or above|
|Intake Seasons||Spring, Summer and Fall|
|GPA||2.7 or above|
|Work Experience||Highly recommended for MBA|
|Financial aid||Not available|
Eastern Illinois University Application Deadline
|Type of Application||Application Deadline|
|Application for undergraduate programs||Fall: May 15|
Spring: October 15
|Application for graduate programs||Differs from course to course|
Eastern Illinois University International Admissions
International applicants need to consider the following additional requirements before starting with the application process at Eastern Illinois University.
Eastern Illinois University English Language Requirement
Candidates are required to meet either of the following English language requirements if English is not your native language:
- Paper-Based TOEFL: 550 points
- Internet-Based TOEFL: 79 points
- IELTS: 6.5 on the Academic Module
- MELAB: 77
Eastern Illinois University Undergraduate Admissions
Application Portal: Applications for the undergraduate courses are accepted through an online application form.
Application Fee: 30 USD
- An official/complete WES transcript evaluation and unofficial copies must be uploaded on the online portal.
- English proficiency test
- SAT/ACT scores
- GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0
- International Student Financial Affidavit Form and a bank statement
The SAT requirement is competitive while the ACT requirement is moderately competitive.
|Average ACT Score||21|
|25th Percentile ACT Score||18|
|75th Percentile ACT Score||24|
|25th Percentile SAT Score||970|
|75th Percentile SAT Score||1180|
Supporting documents: Academic transcripts, certificates, passport copy, 2 teachers LORs, 1 counselor LOR and, a mid-year report from school preferably, the scores must be uploaded by the school counselor.
Eastern Illinois University Graduate Admissions Requirements
- An application form
- Degrees, transcripts, grading/evaluation system, referee reports, SOP or objectives, etc. are basic requirements for each course.
- Official transcripts or mark sheets right from the beginning with the post-secondary school. Transcripts must have the seal and signature of the appropriate school official, and be accompanied by an official English translation.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates from each secondary school must be uploaded on the MyEIU portal.
- Without official copies of the educational records, an I-20 will not be issued.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB), mailed directly from the respective testing service.
- A completed International Student Financial Affidavit Form and a bank statement documenting sufficient funding for the intended program of study.
- A passport copy is required.
The table given below gives an insight into the Eastern Illinois University admission requirements for some of the popular graduate programs offered.
|Course||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|Master of Science in Computer Technology||Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.70 Resume and relevant experience in the field of technology||IELTS:6.5|
|MBA||Class 12th transcripts Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.70|
|MS in Biochemistry and Biotechnology||Class 12th transcripts Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.75||IELTS:6.5|
Eastern Illinois University Transcript Evaluation and Offer Acceptance
- The university doesn't accept unofficial transcripts and students must ensure that the transcripts are sent by an authority.
- The transcripts must also be evaluated by WES, World Education Services.
- Candidates must keep in mind the deadlines and can contact OISS Advisor for any questions.
- All documents that would be submitted by international students must be in English. If they are not in English, authentic translated copies of the documents should be submitted from a qualified translator.
- Documents uploaded on the online portal are not considered official.
- The OISS after receiving the transcripts usually takes two weeks to issue the I-20
- Students applying for Graduate courses must upload official financial statements before applying for a visa.
- Students are notified of their admission status on Eastern Illinois Status Portal as well through email.
- Only after the offer is accepted, international students apply for a US visa. The OISS usually issues immigration visa (I-20) within 2 weeks.
- After receiving the I-20 visa, international applicants can pay the SEVIS Fee for obtaining an F-1 visa.