Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1926, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a private university situated in Daytona Beach, Florida with its 185-acre eastern campus and other residential campuses located at Prescott, Arizona in the US in conjunction with worldwide and online campuses. It is the largest and oldest aviation-focused university in the world and also a reputed name in the US Education System that is engaged in extensive research and consulting of aviation, aerospace, and related industries.
The University is ranked #1 for Masters in Aerospace Engineering Program by US News & World Report. The campus serves a diverse student body of approximately 6,000 undergrads and 600 graduate students from 50 states and nearly 100 countries seeking to study in the USA.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers admissions to more than 100-degree programs at the associate, bachelor's, masters and doctoral levels in the emerging sectors of aviation, aeronautics, applied science, business, computers and technology; engineering; security, intelligence, safety; and space. With an acceptance rate of nearly 62% (Fall 2019), the institute falls in the category of moderately selective organizations to get into.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Rankings
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University rankings are :
- US News and World Report 2021 Rankings:
- #9 in Regional Universities South
- #5 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #20 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #30 in Best Value Schools
- #5 in Most Innovative Schools
- #99 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #79 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- #8 in Aerospace /Aeronautical / Astronautical
- Top Private Universities in America #189 by Niche and #4 in Top Private Universities in Florida by Niche
- Awarded best undergraduate engineering & aerospace engineering programs, best colleges in Arizona and Florida, best regional universities (South), and best college astronomy observatories by renowned journals The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, USA Today
- Affordable College Online lists Embry-Riddle Prescott in the top 1% of all private colleges for return on investment
- Awarded best online graduate MBA and graduate non-MBA programs, in addition to the best online engineering degree programs.
|Employment graduation rate||94%|
|Student-faculty ratio||19 to 1|
|No. of instructional aircraft||99|
|No. of simulators||134|
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Campus
- The university has two residential campuses at Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's 185-acres eastern campus is at Daytona Beach, Florida.
- This campus is adjacent to Daytona Beach International Airport, the University’s 90-acre MicaPlex Research Center and Daytona International Speedway, the location offers excellent support for flight training, research and industry partnerships.
- The western campus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is located in Prescott, north of Phoenix and proximity to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and Sedona.
- The university has more than 150 student organizations and 15 varsity teams.
- The worldwide non-residential campuses of ERAU are located across 35 states in the U.S and nine countries around the world in addition to the renowned online educational programs across 3 academic colleges.
Residence by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- ERAU offers on-campus housing facilities in residence halls to its students in the respective enrolled campuses. The housing application along with the deposit is required for the completion of application and students should submit the same to confirm the contract.
- There are seven residence halls in the university available for juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- A typical university hall at the university has amenities such as Refrigerator, Microwave,Wireless Internet Access,Cable TV Outlet, Study Lounge on each floor,Social Lounges,Laundry Facilities,Vending Machines,tutoring labs.
- The seven residence halls are : Adams and Wood Hall, Apollo Hall, Chanute Complex, Doolittle Hall, New Residence Hall 1 and New Residence Hall 2,O'Connor Hall, Stimpson Hall.
- All these residential halls provide different amenities and the cost of living for each residence differ depending upon room size, type and other provided facilities.
- Embry-Riddle Dining Services has a variety of dining facilities to choose from such as Refueling Station , Starbucks, Full Service Chick-Fil-A, In Flight Late Night Café,Fuselage.
- All first-year freshmen and transfer students living on campus are required to purchase a 14-meal-per-week plan for each of the first Fall and Spring terms.
- The university also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc.).
|Overview||Prescot Campus||Daytona Campus|
|Highlights||Summer housing on completion of a separate Summer and Academic year housing contract||Beginning Fall 2019 all first-year students should live on campus for their first two academic years|
|Occupancy||Single/double/triple in bedroom suite/bedroom apartments||Single/double/ 4/8 persons in halls/apartment-style housing|
|Housing Fee||2722 USD- 3492 USD/semester||2950 USD- 4450 USD/semester|
|Meal Plan Fees||614 USD-2418 USD/semester||2405 USD/semester|
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Courses
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is highly regarded for aviation and aerospace programs and offers a range of courses for international students including associate, bachelor, masters, doctoral-level and certificate programs in different disciplines.
- Along with full-time courses, many professional programs, Honors programs, Minors, certificate, and online programs are also offered.
- Some popular majors among international students are Aeronautical. science, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Air Traffic Management, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Aviation Business administration, Masters of Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Data Science etc.
- The University provides Professional programs in U.S. Aviation Law Diploma, Certificate of Management in Aviation Safety (CMAS) and Certificate in Aircraft Accident Investigation (CAAI).
- The University through its David B. O'Maley College of Business provides MBA Degree with specializations in Aviation Finance, Business Administration, and Business Administration in Aviation Management.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University provides Minor courses of study in fields such as Aeronautical Studies, Air Traffic Control, Astrophysics, Aerospace Life SciencesAviation Law, Cybersecurity Application and Management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems Science, Energy Systems, Business Administration, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics, Space Studies etc.
The highlights of the programs offered by ERMU includes the following:
- First and only undergraduate Aerospace Physiology degree in the nation
- First College of Security and Intelligence, Space Physics, spaceflight operations, and unmanned and autonomous systems engineering program in the nation
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University official website
Application Fee : 50 USD (non-refundable)
Application Deadlines: International students should apply at least 90 days prior to the beginning of classes for the semester of application or of the specified deadlines to allow time for the visa process.
|Daytona Campus||Fall: January 15
Spring: November 1
Summer: April 1
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Accepted Average Scores of Standardized Exams to study in the US are :
- Average GPA: 3.73/4
- Average SAT:1213
- Average ACT:26
- Completed application with the application fee
- Official academic transcripts sent directly from the secondary/post-secondary institution last attended
- An official evaluation of the transcripts in English by WES, ICAP or other authorized agencies
- Official English translations of all academic records
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Essay, resume( optional)
The minimum test score requirements for English Language Proficiency are tabulated as follows:
Note that, official transcripts and test scores must be sent directly to the respective campuses of ERAU from the institution/ testing service or respective admissions committee through Email or post
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Cost of Attendance
Prospective students of the institute planning to study abroad must take a note of planning their expenses ahead of sending in their applications to ensure their comfortable stay in a foreign land. An estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US depends upon several factors like the Undergraduate College applied for, tuition, books, fees, housing, and dining Fee etc.
|Expenses||Estimated Amount (USD)|
|Tuition and Fees||38,114|
|Room and Board||12,410|
|Student Government Association (SGA) fee||150|
|International Student Service fee per semester (International Students ONLY)||109|
Scholarships by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 96% of Embry-Riddle freshmen receive financial aid in the form of loans, grants, bursaries, cooperative education/internships and scholarships for international students to study in the USA
- Embry-Riddle Scholarship Program is for all freshmen including international students are automatically considered for the scholarship.The amount of the award is dependent on the applicant’s scores in SAT/ACT exams.
- Children of Alumni Legacy Grant is awarded to the eligible wards of ERAU Alumni with an annual grant of 1500 USD.
- Family Grant is awarded to each child of the same family enrolled simultaneously on a full-time basis who are granted 2200 USD.
- Full-time enrolled international graduates with a CGPA 3.0 are eligible for Assistantships offered by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Prospective students must complete the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to obtain financial aidsaids and 49% Undergraduate students receive financial aid.
The highly competitive scholarship is awarded based on the academic merit demonstrated by high GPA and SAT/ACT scores. It is a part of the admission application review process ranging from 3000 USD/year to 12,000 USD/year to highly qualified students.
International students are eligible for on-campus employment opportunities at both residential campuses. Although offered on a competitive basis all students are eligible to apply with the guidance of the Center for International Programs and studies.
- ERMU maintains a strong alumni network of more than 1,25,000 alumni worldwide employed at top positions in the aviation & aerospace industry, business law, engineering, medical, insurance, and other businesses and government organizations.
- The benefits enjoyed by alumni include legacy scholarships, free online courses, license plate, industry conferences, hotel and travel discounts, special vendor offers, campus bookstore discounts and much more.
- Some notable alumni of the University include :
- Nicole Stott: American engineer and a retired NASA astronaut. She served as a Flight Engineer on ISS Expedition 20 and Expedition 21.
- Daniel C. Burbank: Daniel Christopher Burbank is an active American astronaut and a veteran of two Space Shuttle missions.
- Terry W. Virts: Terry W. Virts is a retired NASA astronaut, International Space Station commander and colonel in the United States Air Force.
- Ronald J. Garan Jr. : Ronald John Garan Jr. is a NASA astronaut.
- Michael Durant: Michael J. "Mike" Durant is an American pilot and author. He was a member of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as a Chief Warrant Officer 3.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Placements
- The Career Services Office at Embry-Riddle serves as a resource for students and helps them secure employment.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University organizes bi-annual Industry/Career Expo events at its worldwide campus, the Dayton campus, and the Prescott campus.
- It offers co-operative education and internship opportunities for students
- Career Services include counseling, résumé critiques, and arranging on-campus interviews. Workshops on developing job-search skills, such as how to research a company, what questions to ask in an interview, and more are organized regularly.
- 94.4% of Embry-Riddle graduates are either employed or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
- Its alumni are employed worldwide in the aviation and aerospace industry as well as in business law, engineering, medical, insurance, and other businesses and government organizations.
- On average, graduates earn a salary of 82,969 USD per year as stated by PayScale.
- Graduates with a degree in MBA and MS are some of the highest salaried individuals.
The average salaries of ERAU graduates by job designation are tabulated below:
|Designation||Average Salary Per Annum (USD)|
|Program Manager, Aviation / Aerospace||107k|
|Senior Systems Engineer||105k|
|$Project Manager, (Unspecified Type / General)||95k|
|Aircraft Pilot, Corporate Jet||103k|
Ques. Is Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University a reputed institute?
Ans. The university is ranked #9 in the Best Regional Universities by the US News and World Report. It is also one of the very few universities in the USA specializing in the Aviation and Aerospace fields.
Ques. What is the average GPA required for admission to Embry-Riddle?
Ans. On average, the GPA of students accepted to the institute is 3.7
Ques. How competitive is Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?
Ans. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has an acceptance rate of 61% which makes the institute moderately competitive to get into.
Ques. Does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offer merit scholarships?
Ans. Yes, the university offers a number of merit-based scholarships to domestic and international students.
Ques. Does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University require SAT scores?
Ans. Submission of SAT and ACT scores at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is optional.
Ques. What is the cost of attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?
Ans. The average cost of attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is 54,724 USD regardless of the student’s residency.
Ques. Does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offer online classes?
Ans. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers a number of highly ranked bachelor’s degrees online.
Ques. What are the extracurricular activities students can engage in at Embry Riddle?
Ans. It has a full range of extracurricular activities, including intramural and varsity sports, social and professional fraternities and sororities, clubs, student government, a campus newspaper, and a campus radio station.
Ques. What is Embry-Riddle Worldwide?
Ans. Embry-Riddle Worldwide comprises 130+ learning locations and over 300 online courses in various disciplines.
Ques. Does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University have rolling admissions?
Ans. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has a rolling admissions policy for undergraduate programs. However, international students are required to apply at least 90 days prior to the start date of their program.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://daytonabeach.erau.edu/admissions/apply/index.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I wanted to pursue my Masters from a well-known university in the USA. I did a lot of research before applying to this university. My constant GPA of 3.0 in graduation years helped me a lot to get through the admission process. I applied online to this university and paid application fees of $30 online.
Course Curriculum :
This course helps to produce engineers who possess both technical proficiency and the ability to execute the systems-level design. Graduates are prepared for leadership roles in either electrical engineering or computer engineering design. It prepares students for advanced careers in the aerospace industry and other industries where increasing reliance on embedded control systems has created a high demand for electrical, computer, software, and systems engineers.
My relatives live in the USA, so if I was going to study abroad, this was the best option for me. After doing a lot of research, I had applied to this university. The university was also accredited by the Accreditation Council For Business Schools and Programs. I had applied at the university through an online application by paying $50 as an application fee.
Course Curriculum :
I had been provided with a unique opportunity to bring data-driven decision making to all facets of organizations to solve complex problems.I acquired analytical skills from data collection and analysis to complex analytics to building dashboards and infographics. The course is an application-based course with four major areas of study.
I wanted to do my Bachelor's in Aeronautical sciences. I was looking for colleges offering aeronautical courses and were in the budget. I applied for a number of colleges and got selected at this University. My exam scores and grades were good enough to bring me an admission offer letter. I submitted an exam form which cost me around $50.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum I am offered is really good. My course curriculum involves both fundamental or aeronautical science along with modern industry requisites.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary