Stetson University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Stetson University was founded in 1883. It is located in the beautiful location of DeLand. Its residential campuses are located in Deland and Gulfport and are one of the pioneer universities in the USA. The total alumni of Stetson University are 39,229 and total Endowment.
The university has a total of 265 full-time Faculty and 112 Student organizations and clubs. It follows a semester-based academic calendar. Stetson is accredited by various associations such as the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, American Chemical Society, American Bar Association, Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation, and Association of American Law Schools.
There are various majors and minors offered at the university leading to allowing each and every student to fly with the colors of success.
Stetson University Ranking
Given below is the rankings of the university (2020)
- Regional Universities South: #5
- Best Undergraduate Teaching: #11
- Best Value Schools: #11
- The World University Ranking: #368
- Named Stetson University One of The Best 385 Colleges.
Times’s Money Magazine:
- Ranks as one of the best colleges for your money
|Year of establishment||1883|
|Percentage of international students||6%|
|Student Retention Rate||79%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
Stetson University Programs
- Stetson University offers many undergraduate, graduate, online and special programs.
- It offers 71 minor and major undergraduate programs in different fields like accounting, art, biology, business administration.
- The Stetson University offers graduate degree courses in 19 different fields offering LLM, MBA, MS, MEd degrees and other graduate certifications.
- Some of the special programs offered by Stetson university are Bonner Program Program, Community Engagement program, Discovery Program program, Honors Program, Pre-Dentistry program, Pre-Engineering program, Pre-Forestry and Environmental Studies program, Air Force program. ROTC, and Study Abroad Program
- The university also offers many online courses.
- Some of the major popular programs offered by the university arePsychology, Marketing, Management, Biological, Biomedical Sciences, and Visual and Performing arts.
Stetson University Campus
- The main campus of Stetson University is spread in 185 acres with the suburban settings.
- It provides world-class infrastructure and living conditions to its students. Nearly 95 percent of students are living on campus.
- The university has two residential campuses Deland and Gulfport Campus and two Satellite campus Center at Celebration, located in southeastern Orlando and Tampa Law Center.
- The campus library Dupont ball library contains Reference books, periodicals (journals and magazines) from 2009 to the present, videos, computer workstations and the Fine Arts circulating books, and 2,000 feature films. It also has three small group study rooms and one large group study room on the main floor.
- The Stetson University’s College of Law libraries in Gulfport and Tampa support the research efforts of faculty, students, staff, The Gulfport campus library is open to the public.
- The main campus consists of the College of Arts & Sciences, School of Business Administration, College of Law, and School of Music.
Stetson University Housing
- The Stetson University provides a living option in Deland and Gulfport Campus.
- The University is very proud of its both residential campus and tradition of a vibrant campus community. So, it has a three-year necessary residency requirement.
- The university has a total of 16 housing options consisting of residence halls, on-campus apartment buildings, and a co-op style university village apartment.
- The traditional residence halls provide separate rooms for an individual whereas in an apartment 2 to 4 students share a single apartment.
- The college separately houses first-year and upper-class students to ease the transition and to best respond to the needs of first-year students.
- The First-Year Experience program at Stetson University is housed in Carson/Hollis, Gordis, Smith & Nemec Halls and the Upper Division Communities include Hatter Hall and Campus Apartments.
- The goal of the First-Year Experience program is to assist first-year students with a successful transition to the University and to help students to find meaningful and intentional connections on campus.
- There is a resident assistant (student leader) on each floor that will assist other students with finding resources on campus, teaching life & everyday skills (such as, doing laundry & effective time management!), making new friends, making smart and healthy choices, and helping to develop meaningful relationships with not just their roommate but the whole community.
- The university rooms have a Community kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, stove and cabinet storage, Community spaces with television, couches, pool table, and wireless internet access.
- A student can also explore the off-campus housing options offered by the USA.
- The following table shows some of the major housing plans with semester rates:
Rates for 2020-2021 are as follows
|Bedroom Type||Bathroom Type||Cost Per Semester (USD)|
|Shared||Suite/Private & Houses||4,195|
|Individual||Suite/Private & Houses||4,470|
Stetson University Admission Process
Below are the details regarding admissions to Stetson University
|Application Round||Admission and Financial Aid Deadline|
|Early Decision I||November 1|
|Early Decision II||January 15|
|Regular Decision||March 1|
- Minimum Standardized test scores: SAT Math Section: 500-599; SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 600-699/ ACT Composite 24-29.
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and Graduate): 3.75 or above.
- English Proficiency test score for all the students: A student can appear in either of the tests TOEFL (79)/ IELTS (6 bands).
- Students seeking admission in the MBA program are required to have a good GMAT/ GRE score. And it could be waived if the student has work experience.
- Supporting documents: Early Decision Agreement, Official Transcripts of secondary/high school, at least one letter of recommendation from Academic Teacher, Writing Sample, CSS Profile.
Stetson University Cost of Attendance
Below is the cost of attendance for the year 2020-2021
|Room and Board||8,470|
|Books and Supplies||1,640|
Stetson University Financial Aid for International Students
- Merit-Based: These scholarships will be awarded based on standardized testing, high school record, and community service. These awards are given to first-year students and will cover all eight semesters or until undergraduate graduation, whichever comes first. The scholarships can range from up to 35,000 USD. The Eligibility for these awards is not pre-decided; it is decided by the admissions committee upon completion of your application.
- Transfer Scholarships: Students who transferred to Stetson University from other institutes are eligible for this award. The scholarship award can range from 10,000 - 29,000 USD yearly. It is renewable, the Recipients of this award will receive it until undergraduate graduation.
- Talent Scholarship: These are given to students who have any special talent or interest in specific fields like music, sports, writing skills, etc. The maximum award given under these scholarships is 6,250 USD.
- Service Scholarships: These are given to the student who is involved in some of the specific services and met the minimum eligibility of scholarship.
- Bonner Scholarship: It is given by the Stetson University and the Bonner Foundation. It is awarded to the candidates with the track record of involvement and leadership in addressing major areas of poverty, social justice, homelessness, education, and civil rights. The recipient has to commit eight hours per week to an agency or service project of their choice and must continue with that service relationship throughout their University career.
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholars Program: It is a need-based, donor-funded, scholarship allowing young women to deepen and integrate their education. The main purpose of this scholarship is to prepare students who will strive, to improve the communities in which they work, live, and serve.
- Stetson Scholarships: There are a total of 9 scholarships offered by the university. .Some of the top Stetson scholarships are J. Ollie Edmunds Distinguished Scholarship, Travel Scholarship, Legacy Scholarship, HATS Program Scholarship, Global Citizen Scholarship, etc. The amount given depends on the type of scholarships and eligible students.
- Study abroad Scholarships: The main purpose of these scholarships is to enable students in good academic standing to participate in Stetson University-approved international study abroad programs. Under these scholarships universities will provide funding to students studying abroad in eligible countries Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Switzerland, etc to cover expenses such as travel, room, and board.
- Some scholarship opportunities are also offered by the USA.
Stetson University Notable Alumni
- Alumni and Family Engagement has more than 39,229 alumni and families. These are connected through a variety of formal and informal programs.
- The college organized many events for alumni, families, and friends to return to campus.
- The university also issues the Alumni ID card which provides use of the library, Hollis Center pool and fitness facilities and discounts for Theatre Arts performances and School of Music concerts and checkout privileges.
- Alumni can also use MMS cards, offering discounts through a variety of car rental companies and Choice Hotels International.
- The Office of Career Development also works with alumni, it has job search resources available for currently enrolled students and recent graduates searching for employment opportunities.
- The university provides Alumni a free, permanent "stetson.edu" e-mail address so that they can stay connected with it. It can be difficult to find a personal email address with the level of professionalism and prestige associated with the Stetson name.
- A few notable alumni are: Adrian Rogers(Televangelist, Pastor, and Writer), Joseph Maxwell Cleland (Politician), Eugene Clay Shaw Jr.(Politician and lawyer), George Winston (Pianist).
Stetson University Placements
- The average alumnus of Davidson College can earn up to33,900 USD per year after two years of graduation.
- 92% of students can get a job after two years of graduation.
- The Center for Career and Professional Development provides a variety of resources to help secure graduates their degrees, internships, fellowships, and jobs.
- The university students can log in to online portal HatterJob where they can view job and internship opportunities posted by employers or get online resume reviews and also can participate in a video interview practice program.