Wayne State University is a public institution in Midtown Detroit, Michigan. It was founded in 1868 and is a high ranking university in its health programs of anesthesia, midwifery, and pharmacy.
The university offers several undergraduate and graduate degree programs in many areas through 13 institutes. The most popular majors at Wayne University are:-
- Biomedical sciences
- Social work
- International business
- Clinical sciences
Why Choose Wayne State University?
- Wayne State University has an endowment of 383 million USD in the year 2018
- The university spends more than 221.5 million USD for research and development annually.
- It’s the seventh largest Detroit employer
- The university consists of more than 400 student body organizations
- The university has been categorized as doctoral university for highest research activity by Carnegie classification of institutions of higher education.
Wayne State University Programs, Faculty and Divisions
The university offers 350 academic programs through its 13 schools and colleges listed below:-
- College of Education
- Mike Ilitch School of Business
- College of Engineering
- Graduate School
- College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts
- School of Information Sciences
- Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- School of Medicine
- Law School
- College of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Wayne State University Campus and Residence
- Wayne State University has a campus of 200 acres in an urban settling and showcases many interesting architectural work.
- Residential halls are available for students, undergraduates are given priority for providing accommodation.
- 13 % of the students live in the campus residential facilities
Wayne State University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into Wayne State University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing samples
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Candidates can apply through application form online available on the official website of the university
- The application deadline varies for each program
- Candidates need to pay a non-refundable application fee of 25USD.
Wayne State University Cost of Attendance
The average estimated cost of attendance for Wayne State University has been tabulated below:-
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Cost of attendance||43,477|
|Tuition and fees||29,663|
|Room and board||10,106|
|Books and supplies||1,196|
Wayne State University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Around 72% of students received need based aids of an average amount of 14,866 USD.
- More than 22% students received merit based scholarships of an average amount of 11,769 USD
- The university offers an average amount of 51,141 USD as scholarships and aids every year.
Wayne State University Alumni
Wayne State University has community of more than 260,000 proud alumni across the globe. Alumni enjoy several different perks including-
- Scholarships and Awards
- Alumni One Card
- Insurance Discount
- Travel Programs
- Entrepreneurship Resources
List of Notable Alumni –
- Sidney Ribeau: Former President of Bowling Green State University and President of Howard University
- Rachelle Consiglio: Executive Producer, The Jerry Springer Show, and The Steve Wilkos Show
- Mark Fritz: Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter
- Helen Thomas: Former White House correspondent & "First Lady of the Washington press corps"
- Larry Brilliant: Executive Director of Google
- Cora Brown: First African American woman to be elected to a state senate
- Ken Cockrel Jr.: Mayor of Detroit
- Philip Levine: Winner of United States Poet Laureate and Pulitzer Award