Nova Southeastern University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a private university established in Florida in the year 1964. With over 150 programs in graduate, undergraduate and professional school programs, NSU is ranked among the top 5 US colleges with the most number of minority graduate degree recipients. NSU has an annual undergraduate enrollment of 4,904 students both from state and international. Medical and psychology programs from NSU are top-ranked in Florida, also it has the only college of Optometry in the state.
- US News and World Report ranked it as #246 among best Colleges in national universities. And #165 in Top Performers on Social Mobility.
- THE ranking reveals it to be among 301 and 350th in world rankings for 2020 and 401-500th in US rankings for 2020.
- During 2016, Times higher Education also listed it among 20 universities that can be world-renowned by 2030.
- According to QS World University ranking, NSU is ranked among 501-550th in the world.
- Niche.com ranks it as 11th in best colleges of Florida category and 7th in best colleges for psychology in Florida.
|Annual Endowment||118 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||75%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Campus housing facility||25%|
|Annual cost of Attendance||50,333 USD|
- The campus is 314 acres in south Florida with an on-campus housing facility which provides free utilities like Wi-Fi, Cable, Electricity, Laundry etc.
- NSU features over 100 on-campus clubs and organizations and has an auditorium hall that hosts many college events with a capacity of up to 4,500.
- There are also Sports and Recreation clubs, Fitness centers, Arts centers on campus which enhances the all-round ability of the student.
- Living in South Florida would be fun with a beach within a few miles and Walt Disney World a few hours away.
- The on-campus housing has 7 residence halls and apartment housing plans for undergraduate students.
- Types of accommodation available are from a single room a person to a studio type in both residence halls and apartments.
- All the residents must purchase a mandatory Declining balance plan per semester.
- Costs for a few housing areas are listed below:
|Name of housing||Declining balance||Total room cost for a year|
|Rolling hills Building A||USD 450||USD 26,764 (max)|
|Leo Goodwin Sr. Hall||USD 1,595||USD 9,240|
|Rolling hills Building C||USD 450||USD 9,600|
- All the residence hall buildings have a classroom, study lounge on each floor, laundry, kitchen, and a TV lounge.
- NSU offers 242-degree programs in Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Business, Computer sciences, Education and more. 150 of them being offered at the undergraduate level.
- The undergraduate students are allowed to take part in popular NSU research areas like oncology, dentistry, autism, etc. The average class size of UG is also maintained as low as 17.
- NSU offers 53 master’s programs and has the largest MBA and Accounting programs in Florida.
- The Dual degree program offered in Dentistry is among the top 5 most applied dental schools in America.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application portal: Online Application Portal
- International applicants have two ways to apply, either via NSU shark select international application or the common application.
- The application fee of USD 50 has to be paid, which is non-refundable.
- Eligibility for application is as follows:
- Proof of completion of the secondary school along with GPA.
- English Language proficiency test scores of any of below:
|Name of Test||Qualifying marks|
|Duolingo Test of English||105|
- Supporting documents which need to be attached are:
- An essay along with the application
- Letter of recommendation (maximum of 3 )
- NSU has a graduation rate of 61% and a retention rate of 79%.
Cost of Attendance
- Per semester tuition fee for 12- 18 credits registered is USD 15,575 it doesn’t include housing and other costs.
- Other fees estimated for the year 2019-2020 are:
|Type||Cost per semester|
|Application fee||USD 50 (once)|
|Registration fee||USD 30|
|Deferment fee||USD 100|
|Student services fee||USD 250 or USD 500|
|Student health insurance||USD 959 (fall), USD 1,336 (winter)|
|Laboratory fee||USD 20- USD 100|
|Books||USD 100- USD 250|
|Course-specific fee||USD 275|
- Living expenses vary based upon the residence and meal plan chosen.
- At NSU scholarships are offered based upon academic standings, grades, and ethnicity. Three popular scholarships among international freshmen are elaborated below.
|Name of scholarship||Amount awarded annually|
|NSU Dean’s scholarship||USD 5,000 –USD 18,000|
|Razor’s edge scholarship||USD 22,000|
|Presidents scholarship||Tuition fee waiver|
- NSU Dean’s scholarship is awarded during booth winter and fall based upon academic performance when pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- President’s scholarship is a full tuition fee waiver for top academic performers every year.
- Other Sources of Funding: Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- All the graduates' are auto-enrolled to NSU Alumni Association and can avail benefits like Insurance, financial support, discounts, and library membership.
- Notable alumni are
- J.D Martinez- Professional Baseball outfielder
- Will Kirby- Dermatologist and professor of Dermatology
- Isabel Saint Malo- former Vice president of Panama
- Mike Fiers- Professional Baseball Pitcher
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.nova.edu/admissions/apply/index.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #176 - #200
through excellence and innovations in teaching, research, service, and learning, Nova Southeastern University will be recognized by accrediting agencies, the academic community, and the general public as a premier, private, not-for-profit university of quality and distinction that engages all students and produces alumni who serve with integrity in their lives, fields of study, and resulting careers. After securing a GPA of 7.4, I had applied through a common application form. Also, the application fee was around $50.
Course Curriculum :
Nova Southeastern University’s Biological Sciences master’s degree provides you with a strong foundation, so you can prepare for professional careers in biology and in health care fields. This program offers opportunities for you to specialize in your interests and conduct original research in areas such as genetics, cell biology, ecology, chemistry, endocrinology, biochemistry, and more.
NSU is committed to helping you pursue your dreams in the safest environment possible. In addition to offering learning options, they have implemented a BlendFlex educational model that offers in-class instruction, synchronous remote instruction, and online taped lecture instruction. My GPA was 7.1. I was required to submit a common application by paying a cost of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The M.B.A. with a major in Business is for motivated professionals, like you. It allows you to customize courses to meet your specific goals, giving you the freedom to mix and match courses to create an M.B.A. experience that’s unique to you. You’ll learn from Fortune 500 business executives and have opportunities to get hands-on on real-world projects.
The University has a very good reputation in the USA and especially the medical and psychology courses are very good here. The courses are quite affordable as well. The university has a very nominal application fee as well. When I applied I had to pay $50 for the application.
Course Curriculum :
The degree focuses to cover the following topics in detail like the theory of programming languages, the design and analysis of algorithms, operating systems, database management systems, and software engineering. The degree requires 30 credit points and approx one year and six months.
Out of the few colleges I got accepted into, this university had the most affordable and attractive MBA program so after a bit of contemplation, I decided to go for it. I had done quite a bit of research before applying. I applied online and paid an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
My program was an MBA with a concentration in Human Resource Management. The core courses were mainly accounting, strategy, financial management and statistics and since my major was HR, I also had courses like Employee Relations, Talent Management and Strategy in HR. I did feel that the core courses could be a bit more inclusive but since I had a strong business background already, I was able to make up for it.
I was accepted into their physical therapy program and this specific branch is located within the area I had wanted to live. My program is a hybrid program which allows me to work as well as receive my doctorate degree.
Course Curriculum :
I think that the course curriculum is tough, but that is to be expected of a doctoral program. I really enjoy the content that is provided and I feel that the schools are providing me with all of the information I need to be successful after graduation.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary