Colorado Mesa University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
In the Fall intake of 2018, 7163 applicants applied for admission to this university. Among these applicants, 81% were admitted for enrollment. Getting into this university is not that much of a challenge and can be achieved with basic good marks in the applicant’s academic records.
Colorado Mesa University offers undergraduate and graduate programs of about 28 disciplines including Agriculture, Biological Sciences, Liberal arts, Business, Marketing, Engineering, etc. among which Business, Management, Marketing, and Health Profession are their most popular courses.
- Colorado Mesa University opens applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions.
- This university has no application deadlines. As they have rolling admissions, they accept applications throughout the year. The processing time is very less and the applicants are informed about their admission decision within a few weeks.
- In the years 2018-2019, a total of $78 million financial aid was awarded to the students in need. In these years, 50% of the total students were awarded scholarships.
- The university was awarded the third rank among colleges in Colorado for having low tuition fees.
- There is also a “financial aid net price calculator” through which interested candidates can get an idea of the financial aid they can receive from the university.
- Official high school transcripts should be sent by the high school previously attended by the applicant to the Colorado Mesa University Admissions Office.
|Application portal||Online portal|
|Application fee (non-refundable)||$30|
|Average SAT score||1070|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Mode of payment||Online by credit card|
Check/money order to the admissions office
|Financial aid||Loans, Grants and Scholarships available|
Colorado Mesa University Admission deadlines
Applicants are advised to submit their application by the given deadline. A missed deadline won’t be much of a problem as the university has rolling admissions and so applications will be viewed all throughout the year.
Colorado Mesa University International Students Admission
Colorado Mesa University offers admission to international students. All applications will be considered for evaluation by the university. The interested students have to meet certain academic standards as required by the university.
For international students willing to study in the US, processing the application, delivering the immigration documents and other formalities takes a substantial amount of time. For this reason, these students are advised to fill out their application by May 1 for the Fall session and by October 1 for the Spring season.
Application portal: Students are needed to log into CMUconnect to apply. If they don’t already have an account, the applicants are required to create one.
Application fee: 30$ (non refundable)
Admission requirements: The students are required to submit the required documents for a successful application for admission as enlisted below:-
- The Online Application has to be completed for the semester in which the applicant wishes to join the institute.
- Official Secondary / High School Transcripts of the students are to be submitted from the last secondary/high school attended by the applicant. For full admission to the institute e-mailed or faxed transcripts will not be accepted. The documents must have the official seal of the previously attended institution or it has to be a certified true copy.
- Students enrolling for the Fall session with U.S. equivalent GPA of 3.0 or more will be eligible for the International Student Merit Scholarship with $4500 per semester and $9000 per year.
- Proof of funds must be provided through which the institute will check the availability of $38,555 USD by the international applicant for staying in the U.S for one whole year.
- An official bank statement must be provided with names of the person/source responsible for the funding of the applicant.
- A statement of Financial support must be submitted by the sponsors who provided the bank statement. The authenticity of the signature of the person signing the form must be verified by a public official/a notary.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores must be sent as proof of English Language Proficiency
- The pdf file of the applicant’s passport must be submitted.
- Sending SAT/ ACT scores is not compulsory but is recommended.
English Proficiency Test scores for International students
For students who are non-native speakers, this basic test score requirement needs to be met to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the institution-
|Test||Minimum required score|
Visa process for international students
International students are required to apply for a student visa to study in the US after their application letter is received. The following are the step by step instructions that are to be followed after the applicant is selected for admission at Colorado Mesa University:-
- After successful admission, the international students are required to log in to the MAVzone which is done via the auto-generated emails sent by the institute. This MAVzone is the student’s online portal which guides them through admission and enrollment.
- The SEVIS I-901 fee has to be paid by all the F-1/J-1 students before the visa interview.
- A visa can be issued up to 120 days before the starting of the semester for an I-20 form. So as soon as the student receives the I-20 form, a visa interview needs to be scheduled at the U.S. embassy.
- After the successful visa interview, the travel plans need to be confirmed by the International Programs office.
- The student needs to carry his/her passport, I-20 and any cash which is carried must be declared
- The official secondary/high school/college transcripts need to be carried if the student had sent scanned copies during admission.
- Also, the students arriving on campus needs to show certificates for 2 vaccines- measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).
Colorado Mesa University Undergraduate Admissions
Colorado Mesa University offers undergraduate courses for around 23 disciplines Engineering Technology, Biology, Business, Management, Marketing, Health professions, Physical fitness, etc. Aspirants after completion of an application must contact their high school to send the official transcripts to Colorado Mesa University.
Where to apply: Applicant has to log into their CMUconnect account to apply.
Application fee: $30
Admission requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following documents for a successful application:-
- A completed Colorado Mesa University application form.
- ACT/SAT scores are to be sent
- If the applicant earned any college credit during high school, then the official transcripts need to be sent to Colorado Mesa University’s Register office for transfer evaluation.
- Letters of recommendation(optional)
- Essay given an introduction about who the applicant is and his/ her interests may be provided too (Optional)
- Official transcripts/GED scores
Colorado Mesa University Graduate Admissions
This university offers graduate courses in about 4 disciplines which include Business, Management, Marketing; Education; Health professions, and Sports and fitness administration Management.
The following steps are to be followed to complete a successful application:
- The applicant needs to create a CMUconnect account and submit the Graduate Student Application.
- A nonrefundable fee of $50 has to be paid.
- Official transcripts of previously attended institutions must be mailed to Nichelle Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional supplemental items need to be submitted via CMUconnect.
The aspirants need to view the Graduate Programs website to view the minimum eligibility criteria set by Colorado Mesa's Graduate Studies Advisory Committee.
Colorado Mesa University’s official online campus portal is known as the MAVzone. Once the applicant is admitted, they can form their own secure account through which they can maintain their student account. After the email account is activated students will get information on classes and programs through this portal.
Moreover, applicants can check their eligibility through the index recommendation for students interested to earn bachelor’s degree set by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education. Only students with index 92 or higher will be eligible for admission by the Colorado Mesa University.