Bellarmine University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1950, Bellarmine University is named after Catholic Priest Robert Bellarmine. This University is also nicknamed as Knights. A private and co-educational university striving for excellence in education, Bellarmine University is considered as one of best places to live in. It follows a Semester Based Calendar and has currently 3331 students enrolled. The fourth year and 6th year graduation rates are 61% and 66 % respectively. Bellarmine offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees to over 4000 students.
Bellarmine University Rankings
- The US News rankings(2020) for Bellarmine University are given below:
- #197 - National University
- #147- Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #331 - Business Programs
- #18- Best College Location in US by
- #1- Catholic College in Kentucky by Niche.com
|Endowment||52 million USD|
|Cost of Attendance||61,138 USD|
|Campus Housing Capacity||38%|
|Admission Helpdesk||1.502.272.7100, 1.800.274.4723;|
|Student Retention Rate||80%|
Bellarmine University Campus
- Bellarmine University is located in Louisville , Kentucky, USA. Spread across 145 acres, it has 32 on campus buildings. It has 975,177 Square footage areas under it.
- 41 % first year undergraduate and 67 % cohort undergraduate students live on campus.
- With 90 + clubs and organizations such as Alpha Delta Gamma, Ambassadors, Theatre Honor Society, Ariel Literary Society etc, students can engage in various activities. There is a dedicated app for students to engage themselves in extra curricular activities.
- The Sports, Recreation and Fitness center is the center of attraction for students.
Bellarmine University Residence
- Students enrolled in Full Time Courses have to live compulsory on Campus. Students above 22 years of age have the choice whether to reside or not.
- All the residence halls have wireless internet, lounges with tv, computer labs, laundry facilities, study space and smoke free surroundings. Each room has carpet, AC/heat, 2 to 4 XL twin beds, desks,chairs, microwave, closets and refrigerator.
- The residence halls are:
- Kennedy Hall - Traditional style, first year students, 138 beds, double and single occupancy, community bathrooms, room dimension: 17.5’ X 11’.
- Newman Hall- 122 beds,double and single occupancy, community bathrooms, room dimension: 16’ X 11’, first year students.
- Anniversary Hall - 196 beds, upper class students, bedroom suites, double occupancy.
- Petrik Hall - 16 suites, 144 beds, each suite has four double occupancy rooms, two bathrooms, common living area
- Siena Primo and Secondo - four halls, tuscan style green space, Amphitheatre, firepit, water features, 200 seat Dining Hall, 199 Beds.
- Siena Terzo and Quarto Hall- 128 beds, suite style, upper class students, double occupancy.
- Senior-year students can try exploring a variety of off-campus housing options in the USA that are not only affordable but are equipped with all basic amenities.
Bellarmine University Programs
- Bellarmine Offers Bachelor’s Degree, Certificate, Post Bachelor's Certificate, Master Degrees and Doctoral Degrees.
- It offers Undergraduate Majors in almost all fields such as Accounting, Actuaries, Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Science, Sociology, Theatre, Liberal Studies, Environment eyc.
- Graduate Degrees are offered in Health Care, Education, Business and Professional, Career Logic .
- Nursing, Psychology, Business Administration, Exercise Science and Biology are its most popular Undergraduate Majors.
Bellarmine University Application Process
Before applying for admission to Bellarmine University must learn the following facts first:
- Students can apply online by the deadline of August 15.
- Application fee: 25 USD
- Interesting facts:
- Enrolled Undergraduate Students: 2553
- Graduate Students- 778
- Student to Faculty ratio- 11:1
- 91% of Graduate working in fields related to their respective majors.
- Documents required: completed application, official stamped secondary school records, bank statement or financial document, letter of recommendation from professor or employer
- Standardized Test Scores:
Bellarmine University Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for undergraduate students remains almost constant, while graduate students varies according to each program.
|Program ||Cost (USD)|
|UG Programs||43,070 (Per year)|
|Doctor of Education ||855 (Per Credit Hour)|
|Educational Specialist||410 (Per Credit Hour)|
|Master of Arts in Teaching||665 (Per Credit Hour)|
|Master of Health Sciences ||770 (Per Credit Hour)|
|Master of Arts in Communication ||770 ( Per Credit Hour)|
|Ph.D Social Change ||855 ( Per Credit Hour)|
|Accounting Certificate||665 ( Per Credit Hour)|
|Other Expenses||Cost per Year( In USD)|
|Miscellaneous Fee ||400 USD|
|Room ||4,410 USD|
Bellarmine University International Scholarships
- Bellarmine University spends around 22 million USD as awards in Scholarships and Financial Aid to its Students. Almost 100 % of the students receive some form of Financial Aid.
- The Scholarships for its Undergraduate Students are given below. The Amount varies each year and depends upon college funds.
- Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellow Awards - These awards are given to First Year Students, Requirements - Completed Admission Application, Scholarship Application, Essay, ACT: 30 SAT:1390, GPA; 3.4, Apply by December 1.
- Monsignor Horrigan Scholarship - First-Year Students, Admission Application, GPA - 3.0, ACT: 25, SAT: 1200.
- For Graduates, MBA Scholarships, Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarships, Urban League Scholarships, Young Professional Association of Louisville Scholarship etc are available. The amount of these scholarships depends and varies every year. The Application procedure will be conveyed to its admitted students.
- For better scholarship opportunities, students may try seeking the external scholarships offered to international students in the USA based upon different eligibility criteria.
Bellarmine University Alumni
- Bellarmine Alumni Association helps to reconnect its network of 25,000 Alumni through 70 + Alumni Events around the year.
- Gallery of Distinguished Graduates, Scarlet and Silver Society, Alumnus of Year and Horrigan Distinguished Service Awards are awarded to its dedicated alumni during reunions and homecoming.
- Alumni have the facilities to seek career opportunities through the Career Development Center, Special MBA Rates(33% off), Fitness Center Membership, Facility rental discounts etc.
- Some of its Notable Alumni are:
- Susan Cameron - CEO, Reynolds America
- Joseph P Clayton, Former President CEO, DISH Network
- Quentin Letts- Journalist
- Jeremy Kendler - Professional Basketball Player
Bellarmine University Placement
- Career Development Center at Bellarmine University helps its Students and Alumni to prepare and explore their career opportunities.
- It helps to Search Job and Internship Opportunities, Resume Reviews, Mock Interviews, On-Campus Recruitments etc.
- Handshake, MyPlans, BuzzFile, Big Interview are some of its online Job Portals, each having its own unique features.
- Live.Work.Lead.Serve Event, Career Fairs, Summer Internship Scholarships, BU-199 Major and Career Pathways Program, Drop-In Advisory Monday are some of the Opportunities Bellarmine Provides to its students to help them accelerate their Career Growth.
- Bellarmine Internship Guarantee seeks to increase the Internship Employment from 70 % to 90 % in 2021.
- Students can work On Campus for 20 hours per week. Curricular Practical Training and Optional Practical Training in respective Majors is also provided.