Mercer University is a private research nonprofit university located in Macon, Georgia, United States. Established in 1833, it is the oldest private university in the state and has been ranked among top 2 universities in Georgia for 25 consecutive years.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The university offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs are offered through 12 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Business, Management, Marketing; Engineering; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Psychology; and Social Sciences.
- The university campus occupies an area of 150 acres and holds 78% of the student population on campus in 15 residence halls and apartments.
Mercer University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/CELOP|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 50; graduate programs – USD 75|
|Intake Season||August 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for UG programs are submitted through Common Application. Applications for graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||36,000|
|Room and Board||12,153|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
- 70% of students are awarded some form of financial aid.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 25,059.
Mercer University has 80,000 people in its alumni network who receive alumni benefits like career services, library services, store discounts and more.