Tulane University is a private university in New Orleans, Louisiana, the U.S. It was established in 1834 and is a member of the Association of American Universities
The Tulane University offers associate, baccalaureate, masters, doctoral and professional degrees. It offers more than 70 majors. The popular majors at the university are,
- Biomedical Engineering
Why Choose Tulane University?
- The university had an endowment of 1.305 billion USD in the year 2017
- The alumni include 18 Rhodes Scholars, 12 Truman Scholars and 155 Fullbright Scholars.
- Received $11.4 million as a grant from the National Institutes of Health for clinical research.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching ranked the University as one of the top institutes in the world for its high research activities.
Tulane University Schools and Programs
Tulane University offers 75 majors for undergraduate along with graduate majors through nine schools listed below:-
- School of Architecture
- A.B Freeman School of Business
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine
- School of Science & Engineering
- School of Professional Advancement
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Social Work
Tulane University Campus and Residence
- Tulane University has a 110 acres campus and is further segregated in three campuses in Tulane i.e- Uptown Campus, Downtown Campus and River Front Campus
- More than 4000 students can be accommodates inside the campus.
- It university has 14 residential halls
- Housing is mandatory for the first year and second year students
Tulane University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Tulane University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Financial Statements
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Writing samples
- Undergraduate candidates can apply though the official application portal on the official website
- Application deadline is 15th January
- Graduates can apply on the official website of the desired institute
Tulane University Cost of Attendance
The average and estimated cost of attendance for Tulane University has been tabulated below:-
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Cost of attendance||70,764|
|Tuition and fees||52,960|
|Room and board||14,536|
|Books and supplies||1,200|
Tulane University Scholarship, Bursaries, and Financial Aids
- Merit Scholarships for students range from $10,000 to $32,000
- Almost 97% students receive need based aids.
- The average award is 92,945 USD per annum for scholarships and aids
Tulane University Alumni Network
Tulane University has 140,000 living alumni. Alumni benefits include –
- Alumni events
- Career services
Few of the Notable Alumni of the Tulane University are:-
- Newt Gingrich – Former Speaker of the House
- Jerry Springer – Talk show host
- Douglas R.Ellin – Creator of T.V show ‘Entourage’ of HBO.
- James Clark – Founder of Netscape, WebMD and Silicon Graphics
- David Filo – Co-Founder of Yahoo!
- John Kennedy Toole – Author and Pulitzer winner