Tulane University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Initially established as Medical College of Louisiana in 1834, Tulane University has grown into one of the most reputed universities. With two Nobel Laureates, the university is one of the most respected and prestigious institutions in the US. In the 2020-21 academic year, Tulane University witnessed an enrollment of 14,472 students. Among these, 8,549 were enrolled in the undergraduate programs at Tulane University and 5,923 were enrolled in graduate and professional programs.
- 5% of the students are international students coming from over 30 countries.
- Tulane is one of the most affordable universities in the USA. All freshmen are automatically considered for merit awards ranging from USD 10,000 to USD 32,000 per year.
- It is home to 5 undergraduate schools, through which it offers 100+ programs in more than 75 majors and minors, and 9 graduate schools, providing 200+ graduate degree programs. Some of the popular programs offered at Tulane University are Law, Business, Architecture, Medicine, Engineering, Social Work, and more
- Tulane University helps you grab the best of the job opportunities in the USA with its Career Services Center having information and job postings for more than 1,600 companies.
Tulane University Rankings 2021
Tulane University has been conferred the following ranks by some of the popular ranking agencies:
Times Higher Education (THE) World Rankings 2021
- University Ranking: #301-350
- Graduate Business and Economics: #401-500
US News and World Report 2021 Rankings
- National Universities: #41
- Global Universities: #440
- Most Innovative Schools: #68
- Best College for Veterans: #20
- Top Performers in Social Mobility: #377
- Best Value Schools: #76
- Best Graduate Business Schools: #74
- Graduate Chemical Engineering: #53
- Undergraduate Business: #44
- Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs: #102
|Endowment||29.7 million USD|
|Student to faculty Ratio||8:1|
|Cost of Attendance||77,678 USD|
|Student Retention Rate||93%|
|English Language Proficiency Score||TOEFL, ACT, SAT or IELTS|
|Campus Housing Capacity||48%|
|Financial Aid||Available as Loans, Financing, and Employment.|
|Admission Helpdesk||Call at (504) 862-8888|
Tulane University Programs
- Various certificate and degree programs at Tulane University are available to domestic as well as international students.
- The most popular programs offered at Tulane University include Architecture, Business Law, Liberal Arts, Medicine, Public Health, Science, Engineering, Social Work, and more.
- With 5 undergraduate schools and 1,700 classes, Tulane offers 75 majors along with the flexibility to do double and triple-major.
- The powerful, evolving graduate schools of Tulane offer more than 200 programs, with 90 research institutes and centers worldwide.
- Tulane University offers certificate programs in an array of courses, for example, Accounting Fundamentals, Applied Business, Biostatistics, Clinical Tropical Medicine, Cyber Technology, Disaster Management, Electrical Engineering, IT Strategic Planning, and more.
- Popular majors of Tulane University include Business Management, Marketing, Biology and Biomedical Science, Journalism, and more.
- Tulane University offers MS in Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Computational Science, Evolutionary Biology, Mathematics, and more.
- Tulane also offers online, interactive summer courses for over 50 programs and subject areas.
Top Programs in Tulane University
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|M.Sc Computational Science||$19,222|
|M.Sc Biomedical Engineering||$19,222|
Tulane University Campus
- Tulane University operates with four campuses namely; Uptown, Downtown, Elmwood, and Riverfront.
- Uptown campus is home to several schools and colleges, including business, law, and more. Spread across 110 acres, it has about 89 buildings.
- Some academic schools and colleges of Tulane University are:
- F. Edward Hebert Research Center
- School of Professional Advancement
- Downtown Health Science Campus
- North Shore Campus, Covington
- A.B Freeman School of Business
- Tulane University offers more than 200 organizations that encompass performance, cultural, political, greek, media, and religion.
- The organizations are tailored in a way so that students can meet new passions.
- Festivals, Events, and Fests are what make Tulane a unique place.
- The Tulane University Shuttles and Transportation System and Tulane University Police Department make city life more convenient in regard to safety and commuting.
Tulane University Residence
- There are 14 residential halls at the University to accommodate its students. There are also many off-campus housing facilities for international students.
- Tulane University’s residential halls come with plenty of options including co-ed, female-only, and residential learning communities.
- Basic amenities include kitchens, study lounges, laundry facilities, air conditioning, and internet connections.
- Bertie M. and John W. Deming Pavilion are two Graduate Housing complexes located in the downtown campus of Tulane University.
- The Department of Housing & Residential Life helps students in their transition from on-campus to off-campus housing.
- Students requiring special accommodations due to medical reasons have to be approved by the Goldman Center for Student Accessibility.
- After being approved, the Center will provide the requisite accommodations.
- The Gender Inclusive Housing(GIH) allows students of any gender to reside comfortably with other students.
Tulane University Application Process
International students must keep in mind the following points while seeking admission at Tulane University:
Application Portal: Green Wave Portal, Common Application
Application Fee: None
|Early Decision Applicants||November 1|
|Early Action Applicants||November 15|
|Early Decision II||January 8|
|Regular Decision Applicants||January 15|
- English Test Scores
- Certificate of Finances Form
- Interview(if required)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE/GMAT Score
- Application form
The graduation rate of the university is 86%, with a student retention rate of 93%.
Tulane University Cost of Attendance
- For international students, it's highly recommended to get an estimate of expenses for studying in the US.
- The estimated cost of attendance for undergraduate and graduate resident students are tabulated below:
- Tuition, accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous costs are tabulated below:
|Tuition Fees (Varies with program)||58,850|
Tulane University Scholarships
- Tulane University offers an array of financial aid to meritorious students on the basis of their merit and the ones who show financial need.
- 80% of all undergraduates receive financial aids and 76% of all undergraduates receive institutional aids at Tulane.
- Upto 23,000 USD is provided by Tulane University to students under the need-based scholarship scheme. Students will have to reapply for the same each year.
- All students are automatically considered under Merit Scholarships, for which students will have to maintain a standard GPA and must be enrolled in a full-time course.
- Some scholarships offered by Tulane are:
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program: Amount varies
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant: Exclusive to women and graduates and the amount the varies
- Partial Scholarships of up to 32,000 USD are provided which require no separate application.
- Full-tuition Scholarships awarded to exceptional students who are academically sound and demonstrate secondary school involvement.
- Other than institutional scholarships, there are other sources to fund studies in the US.
Tulane University Alumni
- The university has a well-connected alumni network. Alumni benefits include:
- Access to career counseling, networking, and more.
- Insurance Benefits
- Get a free @TunlaneAlumni.net email address for life.
- Notable alumni of Tulane University include :
- Dr.Louis I.Ignarro- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- Dr. Andrew V. Schally- Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
- Newt Gingrich-Speaker of U.S House of Representatives
Tulane University Placements
- The university provides career services to its students through Newcomb-Tulane College Career Services.
- Its Career Services Center has information and job postings for more than 1,600 companies.
- It prepares students for interviews, helps them in preparing their CVs, provides them internship opportunities, and assists them in networking with potential employers.
- Students can also use Handshake to search for jobs.
- The median starting salary of alumni of Tulane University is USD 51,900. (As per PayScale)
- Its one-credit career development course, ‘Majors, Internships, and Jobs’ teaches skills in resume building, interview preparation, and professional social media.
Here are average salaries offered to graduates of Tulane University by the degree:
|Masters in Science||USD 86,000|
|Bachelor of Arts||USD 115,000|
|Bachelor of Science||USD 132,000|
|Masters in Finance||USD 185,000|
*Data from Emolument
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What programs does the School of Architecture have?
Ans. The School of Architecture offers an accredited five-year professional degree program in which all students are awarded Bachelors and Masters Degrees upon successful completion.
Ques. Are students allowed to double or triple major within different undergraduate schools?
Ans. Yes, students are allowed to double or triple major within different undergraduate schools.
Ques. What is the average salary of Tulane graduates?
Ans. The median starting salary of alumni of Tulane University is USD 51,900. (As per PayScale)
Ques. What is the size of Tulane’s undergraduate population?
Ans. Tulane has approximately 6,600 undergraduates throughout the five undergraduate schools: Liberal Arts, Science & Engineering, Public Health, Architecture, and Business.
Ques. What are the different undergraduate schools within Tulane?
Ans. These schools are School of Architecture, School of Science and Engineering, School of Liberal Arts, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, and A.B. Freeman School of Business.
Ques. How many credit hours must I take at Tulane in order to graduate?
Ans. A typical Tulane student must complete at least 120 credit hours in order to graduate; in most cases, a student’s major program of study will make up approximately 30 of those hours. The average course counts for 3 credit hours.
Ques. Does Tulane University assist its students with placements?
Ans. Yes. The university provides career services to its students through Newcomb-Tulane College Career Services. It prepares students for interviews, helps them in preparing their CVs, provides them internship opportunities, and assists them in networking with potential employers.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://admission.tulane.edu/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #301 - #350
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #401 - #500
Ranked #401 - #500
International Business (International)
View More >>
QS World University
I had humanities in 11th grade and history was my plus point. That's why I decided to pursue my graduation in history only.
Course Curriculum :
majors receive extensive training in writing, speaking, and critical thinking throughout the curriculum and become adept at close reading, argumentation, complex and inventive thinking, interpretation, analysis, and research. The courses we offer also invite students to approach their world with a sense of empathy, civic engagement, inclusion, and justice, both through reading literature and through service-learning experiences
I decided to opt for an English major because I wanted to learn more about literature and novel. Plus the college campus is really nice.
Course Curriculum :
Majors receive extensive training in writing, speaking, and critical thinking throughout the curriculum and become adept at close reading, argumentation, complex and inventive thinking, interpretation, analysis, and research. The courses we offer also invite students to approach their world with a sense of empathy, civic engagement, inclusion, and justice, both through reading literature and through service-learning experiences
MBA is one of the most specialized in this market situation. So in this college as well it is the most premium and also the most costly degree. My main reason for choosing the University was that my marks were good enough with university requirements. The application fee here is $80 and the application portal is the university admission portal.
Course Curriculum :
This is a two-year course that looks to develop the financial and analytical knowledge essential to lead in an increasingly interconnected world. Students will be deeply grounded in business principles and participate in experiential learning opportunities.The innovative Curriculum of MBA is designed around experiential learning, giving students the skills essential to their future success.
I always wanted to pursue my post-graduation in the USA. I had secured a GPA 9 in my undergraduate courses which had helped me in getting into this college. I had to apply via their application portal and paid an application fee of $40 and uploaded a government-approved official photo ID.
Course Curriculum :
The course furnished me with the advanced coursework, professional guidance, and equipment that were critical to my development as an independent scholar. I have been provided the resources, experience, and energy that are required to conduct independent research and pursue careers related to one of the major themes of biomedical engineering.
The location was perfect-it was in a culturally rich city and was warm enough. The scholarship money was more than any school because I had both a merit and community service based scholarship, best projected success at the college itself.
Course Curriculum :
It's pretty necessary, I think people should have a well-rounded education. Often times we see science majors who are not well versed or articulate as a result of closed off curriculums. In addition, employers look for a variety of skills.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary