Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) is a historically African American university which is a member-school of Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
|UG Application Portal||Official Website|
|Annual Endowment||USD 23.9 million|
|Student Retention Rate||83%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Part-time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||698|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 29,642|
|Admission Helpdesk||504.286.5235 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- SUNO offers 11 programs at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Associate’s level through its 5 schools and colleges. Well-known majors are - Biology, Business Entrepreneurship, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work.
- The campus life of the students is lively because of the arrangements such as intramural sports and more than 30 clubs and organizations (poets’ society, Conference of Arts, fraternities and sororities) for the overall development of the students. The university provides fully-furnished apartment style living to the students and faculty.
Southern University at New Orleans Admissions
Intake Seasons – Fall – July 1, Spring – December 1
- Transcripts, LOR
- Standardized Test Score – SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT
- English Proficiency Test Score – TOEFL – 500
- Application Fee – UG - USD 20, Graduate – USD 35
- Additional Requirements – Immunization records, I-20 form, Personal Statement
Students may apply through the official website of the university.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- 22% full-time undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid from the university.
- The average need based scholarship offered to the students is of USD 3,561.
Southern University at New Orleans Cost of Attendance
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fee||15,322|
|Books and Supplies||1,300|
|Room and Board||8,980|