Thomas Jefferson University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1824 as Jefferson Medical College the Thomas Jefferson University amalgamated in 2017 with Philadelphia University that was established in 1884 as Philadelphia Textile College. It is one of the best university in the location of Pennsylvania
The University has over 80 undergraduate and about the same number of graduate and doctoral courses. The acceptance rate is about 58%. The university offers the housing facilities along with a chance to join the various clubs of the university.
- National Universities: #153
- Best Colleges for Veterans: #109
- Best Value Schools: #64
- Best College Locations in America: # 22 of 1,607
- Safest College Campuses in America: #286 of 1,379
- Top Party Schools in America: # 321 of 1,578
|Year Of Foundation||1824|
|Student Retention Rate||83%|
|Student faculty ratio||13: 1|
|Average Graduation rate||51%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
Jefferson University Programs
- The university has 13 schools and colleges to impart 80 undergraduate and a same number of graduate courses.
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Kanbar College of Design, Engineering, and Commerce, Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy, Population Health, Rehabilitation Sciences, Humanities, and Continuing medical education are names of the few of these colleges.
- Through the Nexus learning program, the university allows connecting different disciplines with the right blend of theory and practical training in areas of Fashion and Textiles, Architecture, Design, Social Sciences, Business, Engineering, Health, and Sciences.
Jefferson University Campus
- The University has 6 campuses, Center City and East Falls in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Abington – Dixon, Bucks County Technology Park, Delaware County in Pennsylvania and New Jersey Campus.
- The University’s East Falls Campus spread over 100 acres has more than 50 buildings catering to Academics, Library, Residential Facilities, Sports and Recreation. Within 20 Laboratories one is for Engineers Human protection.
- The City Center campus houses academic buildings, Alumni Hall. Wills Eye Hospital and Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
Jefferson University Housing
- The University’s housing includes residence halls namely Barringer, Martin and Orlowitz halls, Sublet service and Short term housing.
- For Barringer & Orlowitz (unfurnished) Residence Halls the rent is charged monthly whereas for Martin hall (Community style, furnished) it is divided into four terms.
- Many events are conducted like Movies at Penn's Landing, games, New Students and DHRL Halloween Mixer, and Ice Cream Socials, etc. to add a flavor to a student's social life.
- The residential life has comfort, safety and security, Fitness center for health, parking and many eateries in and around campus.
- The University does not have traditional meal plans; students either cook on their own or eat at the various options available for ready food.
- The students are allowed to sublet their accommodations for short periods only to full and part-time students, employees, fellows, resident physicians, guest observers, and lecturers if they are going out but would like to retain the housing.
- The accommodation costs USD 7,000 to 16,000 depending upon the occupancy and facilities per year.
- Some other off campus facilities are also offered by the USA for the students.
Jefferson University Admission Process
The admission in the university is quite easy. The following is the information about the same.
The New international students are offered classes at East Falls Campus and the transfer students at Center City Campus
Admission Portal: University’s official website
Application Fee: 40 USD
- Standardized Test Scores: SAT or ACT required for undergraduates. Graduate programs GRE or GMAT scores are required.
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- English Language proficiency test(s) IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT 79 for international non-native English speaking applicants is required.
- Two or three letters of recommendation from teachers and counselors are required depending on the course.
- Resume, Financial support documents, Statement of Purpose, Undergraduates have to write an essay in about 250 words on one of the given topics.
- The students also need to complete the Scholarship Profile if they require need-based scholarships/grants at the time of admission itself.
Jefferson University Cost of Attendance
Given below is the estimated cost of attendance.
|Room and Board (on Campus) (6679+6821)||13,500|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||2,500|
In addition, there is a department fee payable ranging from 400 to 2,000 USD for different departments that depends on the course selected by the applicant.
Jefferson University Financial Aid for International Students
- The University provides merit scholarships which are given on the basis of admission application and are to be adjusted against tuition fee only.
- These scholarships range from 4,000 to 19,000 USD and are renewable by maintaining specified GPA levels.
- The USA also offers some of the scholarships to the students.
Jefferson University Notable Alumni
- The university’s alumni organize various events to keep the members in touch and provide career services and mentoring for current students.
- Pinizzotto-Ammon Alumni Center, a relaxing lounge located at the second level of alumni hall is an exhibition of various artifacts, historical objects, and photographs.
- Some notable alumni of the university are James P. Bagian, NASA astronaut, John Heysham Gibbon, Scientist; Herbert Kleber, Psychiatrist; William Keen, Surgeon; Andrian Brooks, Soccer player; David L. Reich, President of Mount Sinai Hospital; Jacob da Silvas, Surgeon; and Samuel D Gross, Renowned Surgeon.
Jefferson University Placement
- Located at City Center the Career Development Center of the university has both in-person and virtual support for its students and subscribes to the online job portal Handshake that allows the students to upload their resume and look for the suitable available positions. The portal helps them in enhancing their employment skills too.
- The center also invites employers on campus for placements through the Career fair Booth program where students are able to directly interact with employers before being selected for the jobs or internships.
- The career services handling staff also conducts various workshops on topics like safe job hunting, Interview preparation techniques, Resume writing workshop etc. to enhance employability skills.
- 95% of students of the college are able to get a job within 2 years of graduation earning around 80,300 USD per year against the national average of 33,028 USD.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal : https://www.philau.edu/admissions/apply.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
QS World University
RANKED #301 - #350
I am currently studying as an undergraduate student at Jefferson University. I had always been interested in science and technology in school and thus getting into the textile engineering program was a dream come true. I had applied to five schools in total and chose to study at Jefferson because a degree from this institute is quite prestigious.
As an engineering student at Jefferson, I am offered a structured program that prepares me with the breadth of engineering skills and knowledge. It also allows me to gain expertise in my chosen concentration (textile engineering). All of us study the same core subjects as freshmen and select our technical concentration in the sophomore year.
I am currently studying as an undergraduate student at Jefferson University. I had always been interested in science and technology in school and thus getting into the textile engineering program was a dream come true. I had applied to five schools in total and chose to study at Jefferson because a degree from this institute is quite prestigious. the application process was done at the official website along with the application fee of $40.
As engineering students at Jefferson, we are offered a structured program that prepares us with the breadth of engineering skills and knowledge. It also allows us to gain expertise in our chosen concentration (textile engineering in my case). All of us study the same core subjects as freshmen and select our technical concentration in the sophomore year.
Jefferson University has provided me an engrossing study of the environment. I got cutting-edge tools and techniques to sharpen my storytelling abilities. And also I got to study every phase of production. I also got a chance to collaborate with graphic, interactive, industrial, and fashion students on various industry projects. This allowed me to have a wider perspective of the industry.
The Animation & Digital Media program at Thomas Jefferson University connected us to the animation and digital media industries with the objective of becoming successful filmmakers as well as designers. The curriculum has made me capable of applying the skillsets to a wide range of industries that are increasingly in demand. It offered an understanding of animation fundamentals along with practical experience utilizing cutting-edge tools and techniques. As a graduate of the program, I am equipped with a leading creative role in film, television, visual effects, marketing, and video games.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary